The Random Thread

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Lorenith
Fan

Re: The Random Thread

Post by Lorenith »

Hmm for firefly...

I'm not sure, I like Jaynestown cause it's so...hilarious and stuff I mean I actually remember the name of it so it must have made an impression on me, and that episode when they orchestrate that crazy hospital break in/steal medical supplies thing. (Ariel?)..and the one where Kaylee wants the fluffy pink dress....

I really liked Wash too, he's so cute and silly! Really I like all the characters...except the doctor, I mean I didn't dislike him but I didn't really like him like I did the other characters. I'm extremely disappointing that the show got cut short, I would have liked to see if Book turned out to be the sort of person I suspect he was before becoming a priest.

I haven't seen much of the American Sailor Moon, but I've seen enough to know that I like the original much better (there's an entire season of the original that never even aired in America too, it probably never will cause the company that produces it got sick of America butchering stuff when translating/localizing). Which also kind of applies to Card Captor Sakura. It must be Card Captor Sakura if you watch it, if it's "Card Captors" avoid it it's a horrifically maimed and edited version that has very little resemblance to the original.
word count: 235

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Too late for the B5 discussion! :wink: I must say I really liked Michael O'Hare as Sinclair! Actually I was a bit sad that he left even though Bruce took over, which was great! Big fan! I met Michael O'Hare at a convention once. Have a lovely picture with him. But don't know where I put it. Have also 3 lovely pictures with Richard Biggs (Doctor Franklyn) who sadly died a few years ago. Strange thing I was at a Convention when it happend. They announced it there and I was so sad - near tears - because I've seen him on so many conventions and he could tell such great and funny stories! (Don't know if you know the skit where he explains the difference between Scifi fans and Soap fans?) And I remembered all the fun I had during that conventions and the great people I've met there.
Met a lot of B5 actors on conventions because I once was a very big fan! I must admit that I haven't watch B5 in years now. :oops: Must do it again when I have time for it. Last year I was at a convention where Peter Jurasik and Bruce Boxleitner were guests. That was great! Laughed a lot! :)
When I went through all the convention programmes of mine earlier today I found one with Andy Hallett on it who sadly died a few weeks ago. That was sad. And I can hardly remember seeing him there. I was at the convention because of James Marsters. Will look for the pictures I made there.
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 267
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Steph, I have a question concerning the DW episode "Forest Of The Dead", as you mentioned that it is one of your favourite episodes, too. The Doctor said:"There's only one reason I would ever tell anyone my name. There's only one time I could!" Do you know what reason? When can he tell his name? I thought as you are a fan much longer and have seen the old series - sorry classic series :) - there may be a reference to it? Did they mention it there? Just curious! It was such an intense scene! I love that scene and always ask myself that question! Maybe when he dies or gets married? Maybe you know more?
Simone.
word count: 118

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

No sorry, not a clue. Another Russell T Davies tease. I don't remember anything like it being said in the early series, but then I was quite young and would have missed deeper references. I can only guess. But yes, it's pretty intense, isn't it? :)
word count: 48
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, I love David in that episode! When nearly everything was over the dialog between The Doctor and Donna: "...I was aiming for nothing" and "...I'm always allright!" Great! :) What do you think, though, when can he tell his name?
word count: 41

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

I'm thinking after this episode of bones to post some metal, I haven't listened to any in over a year at least. All the metal I have ever listened to has been power or melodic metal, which is a genre of metal that typically has positive themes rather then negative ones, and heavy symphonic influence. So have no fear your ears will not bleed when I decide to post something!
word count: 72

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

LOL! :character-beavisbutthead: :confusion-seeingstars:
word count: 3

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:music-deathmetal: :happy-smileygiantred:
word count: 0

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves to Lore*

Jaaaaaayne! The man called Jaaaaaayne!

Heee.

That one is very funny. One of my favorite lines in that episode is Simon's: "This must be what going mad feels like." :lol:

Yep, you're right. The medical supplies one is called "Ariel." *shudders* That one was sinister and really disturbingly gross. I still have trouble watching certain scenes. But it's a terrific episode, very tense, very exciting.

The one where Kaylee wants the dress... *thinks for a moment* That one's called "Shindig." What is it that Zoe says? "I prefer a dress with a little slink." To which Wash cracks me up every time: "You want a dress with slink? I can buy you a dress! Captain, can I have money to buy Zoe a dress?" Heeheeeheeee.

Wash is hot. *GRIN* I listened to Alan Tudyk's DVD commentary for "War Stories" (that terrifying, ultra-violent torture episode that makes me very upset for the characters), and he is so self-deprecating about his appearance, it's silly... because I think he's a hottie, and the fact that he can make me laugh hysterically as well makes him even hotter to me. I adore his character, and the actor himself.

I think Simon's a tough character to get to know or appreciate, because he's so ... rigid. *laughs* You just want to say to the guy, hey man, loosen up a little! But then you think about what his character (and his sister) has been through, and how dangerous and perilous his life is, and why he's even on Serenity in the first place, and it makes sense that he's so uptight and tense all the time. He grew on me. :D

I think you make an excellent point about Book, too. I really wanted to know more about his character, was very curious about that, with all those hints about his past that seem to point in a different direction than a peaceful life of faith. I wish they'd had more time.

As for Sailor Moon, I am not sure I've seen the American version, either. My friend doesn't like it -- she prefers the original vision, the Japanese version, so I believe she showed me something with subtitles (it's been quite a few years so I can't remember exactly). I'm sure my friend could go on quite a rant about the butchering of original anime, LOL.
word count: 410

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

Zoe's reaction to Wash and that disturbing mustache is an excellent example to my guyfriend why I don't like his pictures from when he only had a mustache (it makes him quite sad because he liked that thing).

I kind of don't like the movie. I mean...I do, because it's a very good effective movie, but I don't, because of what happens in it is...I don't like it! I guess maybe it's sortof a love hate thing!

Anyway, I felt like trying to dredge up what little Japanese I managed to learn way back in highschool to get thynealone to flail. :P (Don't try translating this with google, it is worse at Japanese than me!)

おはようございます

わたし の おたんじおび は 六月 二十四日

Sorry if some of you are being bombarded by squares!
word count: 134

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hubby and father both look appalling with moustaches and/or beards. It makes them look like tramps. And I once had a colleague with particularly bushy facial hair which kept trapping food - yeurgghh. There are only certain men who can carry it off; TJ, of course, being one of them.

Squares. Uhh-Huhhh. Flailing anyway! :?: :think:
word count: 55

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

Oh yeah TJ definitely pulls off the beardyness very well.

I think it takes a certain face shape, cause my guys face is similar in shape to TJ's and he does fine with a beard and a mustache together. They're the only two people I have ever seen that can pull off the sort of beard TJ had in the first few seasons of Bones.

I guess I can surmise that TJ would likely also look creepy with only a mustache.

Sorry about the squares, but if I'm going to post something in Japanese for you I might as well do it semi-right! lol, I'll give you a screen cap later when I don't feel so sleepy.

Edit: here you go

word count: 127

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I would like to talk about PRIMEVAL season 3 (contains spoilers)!

What a bad ending for "Cutter"! I so hated that! :x I mean I knew he was leaving (which is sad enough) but like this???? Come on, who wrote this stuff??? :roll: They just killed him???? :angry-teeth: Last week I thought, oh it wasn't "Cutter", it was his clone, but after yesterday's episode and what I read on the internet I don't think that anymore. :angry-jumpinganger: He was just shot by "Helen"???? Come on! What a lack of imagination!!! I thought that he maybe finds "Claudia" again in an anomaly and decides to stay there, or so (I' m a romantic! :wink: )! But like that! And so early in the season. I thought it happens at the end of season 3. Very sad! The ending made me a bit angry!
OK, I stop ranting now! :) Martina, or anybody else who watch PRIMEVAL: What do you think about that? Do you continue watching it? I don't know! :think: The main reason for me to watch it was Douglas Henshall. Well, we'll see how it will turn out. :?

Simone.
word count: 187

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Simone, I'm not a regular Primeval viewer, I just see it occasionally, but the group has now become so big, diverse - and leaderless now, of course - that I can't identify with the characters any more and have somewhat lost interest. I knew DH had gone but didn't watch the ep. I can see how you feel a bit cheated regarding the timing and method of disposing of him. I hope you'll give them a chance to redeem themselves by continuing to watch to see how they cope without him.

Jude, re the Reds tonight: 4-4 made for a brilliant game, but I think we really needed to win that one. Blues did well at the weekend v Man U though, son no.1 said it was the best day of his life and went out to get very drunk.
word count: 144

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

Ok I managed to be unable to sleep again so to pass the time I'm thinking of some nice songs to post for all you lovely people.

I decided not to post a metal song, because youtube does something that really boosts high end in the songs which makes listening...painful.

So, here's some VnV Nation (VnV=Victory not Vengeance)

I can't fully explain the music they do, it is bittersweet, about life, emotions, humanity, beginnings, and ends. It doesn't agonize over this stuff, nor put it on a pedestal, it simply is. It's probably one of the only bands I've listened to where I care about the lyrics.

"One should strive to achieve, not sit in bitter regret."

I'm posting two for these guys, sorry if you only wanted one but it was hard picking even just two for you all! :P

Each song is a different style/feel, so if you don't like one don't let that stop you from listening to the other.

Chrome
Illusion
word count: 176

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Simone, I was quite busy during the last few days, so I just read the talk about Primeval.

Hm, what can I say? I am disappointed too. I also new that Douglas Henshall was leaving, but so early??? I was rather sure that it was Nick and not his clone who died (also I still had hope), from the way he talked to Connor. I don't think the clone could have done this so good, he seemed to be a bit "dumb". I know that it was Douglas Henshall's decision to leave and he probably won't consider to come back, but I also hate that they let him die this way! He was my absolutely favourite too. Generally I think it's really bad to loose two main characters within 4 episodes (as Stephen just died on the last episode of the last season).

But I must admit, I anyway liked the last episode. I missed Nick, I really did. But it was full of action and also funny. I think I will continue watching it to see how it develops. I liked Danny in the episode and am courious how they develop him. What is true is that I am not that excited anymore when I know that Primeval is on as I was during season 1 and 2.
word count: 223

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I think Danny will be the new "love interest" for Jenny. Well, I'm gonna continue watching it but as you said, Martina, with less enthusiasm! Now it's not so important anymore if I miss an episode.

I guess I knew that it wasn't the clone, because he was blown off earlier, but I just couldn't belief they let Nick die like that! And when he said to Connor: "Tell Claudia Brown..." I thought hm, maybe it was the clone who doesn't know about Jenny. I thought at first the real Nick would have said: "Tell Jenny..." ! That gave me a little hope. But I guess I was wrong! :(

Maybe Douglas will do theatre again soon. That would be great! I missed him last time!

Simone.
word count: 130

Daisy_A
Fan

What do you think?

Post by Daisy_A »

Do you guys remember I said I wrote scripts before? Well I just wrote this characters bio and I think TJ might be good for the role if I ever finnish this thing :mrgreen: Posted it below, tell me what you think.

Full Name: Paul Christopher Simone

Actor: TJ Thyne :lol:

Description: Paul is a very strict man who will work till he drops to achieve his goal- he wants his children to have the best even if it means he doesn't see them or know them. He doesn't like Emilia as it is another child to support and resents her presence. He loves his family dearly but doesn't often say very much and doesn't make it clear. He is very religious.

Hair: Brown/Blonde

Key Character Traits: Stiff, strict, uptight, opinionated, caring father, religious.

What is the Principal Function of this Character?: antagonist

What is the principal goal of this character?: To raise his children sufficiently and to get them through their education.

What will they do to achieve it?: By working until he gets enough money, feelings don't come into the equasion

Family Background: Paul is an only child who was born into a deprived area- he worked hard his whole life and worked himself up from the gutter. He suffered alcohlism in his early twenties and he had seveal rebound girlfriends. After this he went back to his work more determined than ever and climbed to the top, he met his wife soon after and when they had their children Paul became determined to give them the best life possible.

Habits/Vices: After recovering from being an alcoholic he became extremely religious so he often reads the bible- he also winds down with a book in their own library.

Education: He went to the local school and was the cleverest student in his class. He went to Havard to study law and graduated top of the class.

Personality: As stated before he is extremely driven and will do anything to achieve his goal, he has a very obsessive personality. He doesn't tend to show his feelings as he believes they over complicate things.

Likes: Reading, Church, Work, his luxurious lifestyle, his children succeding, time with is wife.

Dislikes: Emilia, ameteurs, trashy novels, junkies, people coming to the door asking for money.

[/color]
word count: 392

Lorenith
Fan

Re: What do you think?

Post by Lorenith »

Does he ever suffer consequences for his cold/stiff nature?

I ask because what has been provided so far is walking a thin line between being a well rounded character, and someone with faults that don't actually negatively effect him. I'm kind of waffling on it a little.

Character development is a very fun thing to tackle!
word count: 59

Daisy_A
Fan

Re: What do you think?

Post by Daisy_A »

His children are completely spoilt and hateful except for his youngest. His eldest daughter Lucia is killed at the end of the story and he doesn't know how to show his emotions in anyway but anger and hatred and is wracked with guilt, feeling he didn't show her any love or affection. Do you think that's OK? I don't want him to be one-sided.
word count: 69