looking forward to season 5 of Bones

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
btdart
Fan

looking forward to season 5 of Bones

Post by btdart »

Season 4 ended with a an episode that focused almost completely on the
relationship side of the show, even if it was a "story". It was really fun to see all the characters exploring different aspects of thier personalities. I loved that TJ was the narrator. He was fantastic. One of the things I really appreciate about BONES is the amazing character developement.
I'm curious about the writing of the show. I know there are different writers, but how do they all keep the characters/story line so tight. Is that aspect of the show written by Hart alone and the "murders" written by the other writers? I have a feeling about the Jack/Angela story. I don't think they are through with each other like they hinted in the episode with the online dating.
word count: 137

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: looking forward to season 5 of Bones

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi btdart! Big welcome to the boards - do come and post in the Welcome forum if you can, so everyone can greet you. What an interesting first post. I too would like to know whether they put together the plots and the character developments separately. Let's see if anyone knows. Some creators have more control than others. Maybe someone could tweet Hart about it?
word count: 65
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I know that Hart has said in one interview that the cases are built first & the character storylines are built around them.
word count: 22
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

btdart
Fan

Post by btdart »

jade.stormcloud wrote:I know that Hart has said in one interview that the cases are built first & the character storylines are built around them.
That makes sense. They must have some kind of outline. The characters rarely deviate from their well developed personalities. They all have been given the spotlight equally, however I really felt like Jack & Bones delivered EMMY worthy performances in "Aliens in a Spaceship"
word count: 68

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yeah, season 5! :dance: Hope I'm able to watch it somewhere!
But haven't seen all of season 4, yet. Hoping for a soon DVD release!
Simone.
word count: 27
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Just seen the S5 promo and after all the moaning I did over the S4 finale and the 'I don't know if that's put me off watching' I am so totally predictable and faced with a new season am excited at the prospect. I've already got my birthday pressie order in for the S3 Bones book and an HDMI cable so I can watch the on line episodes on a 32' TV screen rather than a 15' laptop screen, apparently I might even be getting vouchers for clothes shopping as well happy days! Part of the Xmas pressie is sorted too 'cos S4 should be out on DVD by then.

Anyway just wanted to say only just over a month to go and I'm selfishly hoping for another British episode again, I know both DB and HH have recently spoken to Sky so I'm keeping everything crossed. I reckon they should come to Liverpool although given DBs performance on the Paul O'Grady chat show (he's from this area) I'm not sure that's a good idea. He didn't have a clue what Paul was saying 'cos of the accent, hysterical but not very practical.

Anyway thats all for now

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 215

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Season 5 finally aired in Denmark!! :dance: :clap:

For the last couple of weeks TV3 (Danish channel) has announced that Bones Season 5 would be aired soon – until yesterday when they finally had set a on a weekly day and time.. yeah!!

Finally, better late than never.. Denmark is now only 14 epis behind and luckily they starts to air it before I leave – so now I have to set my VCR for the next 2 weeks – but then I have some goodies waiting for my return.. ;-).

I don’t mind to watch it online but when dealing with bad connections, delays is audio, it’s not easy to follow the storyline so well – to get all the minor details..

So it’s nice to be able to watch them without that kind of distractions and with Danish subtitles even though I don’t pay that much attention to them (they tend to translate badly – hate when that happens.. )

I wonder if I should have Bones S4 marathon?? – just so I’m fully updated.. :think: :think: lol
word count: 173