Zack

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Ellen
Super Fan

We Miss Zack!

Post by Ellen »

Hello all! I thought I'd make this post because I have a question, Why did Zack leave? I know the story line and stuff, of course, but I mean, was it a random decision to make the show more interesting, or did Eric want to leave the show?

I was thinking that, if Eric had decided to quit the show, then that explains and accounts for the "Lack of Zack" :D. However, if it was a show decision (I am NOT implying that they forced Eric out of course) then theoretically, there is no reason for the characters not to see Zack more than they do now. With that in mind, perhaps it will be considered by the writers that Zack will play a more major (If only slightly more major) part in season 5. Zack was a great character, and I for one miss him loads! It would be great, if possible, to see him involved a little more in future.

Can anyone help with my question? thanks.
x
word count: 170
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

Ellen
Super Fan

Re: We Miss Zack!

Post by Ellen »

Hey, would you look at that! About 3 minutes after I posted this, I found my answer!

TVGuide.com: Was this all written for you because you wanted to leave the show, or are you simply following the fate of your character?
Millegan: Oh, I'm following the fate of my character. It wasn't my choice - it was a creative decision to shake things up and make a good season finale.

I think that the more regular presence of Zack next season would benefit the show greatly at this point.

Since my question has been answered, let's just use this post as one for discussing Zack, our favorite moments, experiments etc, or even how we think he could manage to become more regular on the show again.

How does that sound? :D
x
word count: 134
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

So, I'm not the only one that misses Zack. :o

I'm very happy about that.
word count: 16
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hey Kayleigh! No you aren't the only one who misses Zack. I loved the Hodgins-Zack scenes and while they have tried to recreate it with some of the new interns-and sometimes they are still funny, it still isn't the same.

Anyway, glad you decided to join the boards, WELCOME! :)

Sharon
word count: 54
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

kmcgee88
Fan

Post by kmcgee88 »

You know, I really wasn't a fan of Zach until I went back and watched some of the older episodes again. He's rather funny now that I got a second chance to look at him, lol. =)
word count: 38
"Bring back dueling, I say. Drive-by sword fight." -Tim Roth

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I was quite fond of Zack but it was mainly because of the brother vibe he had going with TJ. They worked so well together. The intern carousel has of course made it impossible to get attached to someone else..both for us and Hodgins.
word count: 45
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

skftex wrote:Hey Kayleigh! No you aren't the only one who misses Zack. I loved the Hodgins-Zack scenes and while they have tried to recreate it with some of the new interns-and sometimes they are still funny, it still isn't the same.

Anyway, glad you decided to join the boards, WELCOME! :)

Sharon
--

yeah, I agree. I think my favorite intern to date is Clark. But none of them can live up to Zack. Ever.
word count: 78

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Omg I forgot to say welcome to someone.. Welcome to TJ land Kayleigh, and enjoy!

Personally I like Vincent, but as you say - Zack was the king of the lab. At least whenever Jack wasn't!
word count: 36

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

I like Vincent, as well. There's just something about Clark that I like.
I really can't stand Daisy, to be honest.
Thank you! I'm kind of upset it took me this long to find this site.
:naughty: haha.
word count: 40

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

ZacK was great, but I must say meanwhile I really like all the different interns. Vincent and Fisher in particular. ...and I must admit I don't miss Zack so much anymore! :oops: :shhh: :)
word count: 32
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I hate the revolving interns. Not the interns themselves, but the fact that they constantly change, because I think we lose a lot of continuity with it. Things that happen while one intern is there is rarely addressed again until that same intern is there. Its just dumb. I wish they'd just settle on one and get it over with or just fire the whole lot of them and let us get back to the cast that remains.
word count: 79
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

At the moment I cannot imagine to have just one of them in the show. Somehow they don't fit to stay longer then one episode. Guess I have the same problem that Brennan has. I cannot decide, so I need to see more of them. If I need to choose one now I think Fisher would be interesting.
word count: 59
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

skftex wrote:I hate the revolving interns. Not the interns themselves, but the fact that they constantly change, because I think we lose a lot of continuity with it. Things that happen while one intern is there is rarely addressed again until that same intern is there. Its just dumb. I wish they'd just settle on one and get it over with or just fire the whole lot of them and let us get back to the cast that remains.
I don't hate them exactly but I agree so much with the sentiment that I am quoting for the first time in aeons. Well said Sharon!!

Simone, Fisher would indeed be interesting, but suffers like the others from being gifted with a 'quirk' rather than a personality; and I honestly wonder whether any of the 'quirks' (which are a shorthand so we can tell them apart since they are in and out of the eps as though doing the hokey-cokey) of the interns could be developed into a personality. I''ve seen it done successfully on other shows - Anya in Buffy was a good example, and if anyone used to watch 'Neighbours' in the late 80s (!!! Oh come on, I was heavily pregnant and couldn't get off the sofa easily in the afternoons), they might recall an unusually good job done on Melanie - and Daisy is marginally less annoying now she has a relationship of sorts, but it's difficult to do well. You need a really good actor. Like TJ managed to plump up a potentially extremely irritating geek into a real, likeable character. I guess we just have to see whether the revolving door jams at some point.
word count: 284

livydean
Fan

Zack

Post by livydean »

So..I was wondering....how does everyone feel about Zack's departure from the show. I don't know if this question has been asked before: I'm new to the site but I'm curious. I still don't get the real reason he had to be eliminated and I was wondering if other people thought it hurt or improved the show. Thanks.
word count: 64

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Zack

Post by kayleigh_marie »

I don't think it hurt they show, per se, but to be honest, I am very torn.
I miss Zack-Hodgins scenes, mainly because of how cute they got when they were all hyped up about an experiment, or being King of the Lab.
Zack was very amusing, and also very rational, which I think made it easier for Brennan to form the bond with him that they had. :D
I don't know why they thought removing Zack would be beneficial to the show in any way, especially to Hodgins' character.
I always thought he was at his best in 2 situations:
1) When he was with Zack/King of the Lab,
2) When he went off on his conspiracy theory tangents (adorable).

Seeing as how he still has both, in some way, as he eventually began using the term king of the lab, it didn't do too much harm.
I guess I just absolutely loved Zack, and wish he could come back.
word count: 165

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I think people are still entertained by the program, but I do think the show went through a strong shift in style and mood after Zack left. We don't see the full team element as often anymore. We don't see Booth relating (or trying to relate) to the squints as often anymore -- for instance, he seemed to be cultivating a friendship with Hodgins, now they barely speak or have decent scenes together. I feel like the show focuses too much on Booth and Brennan as a potential romantic couple and forgets that they still have relationships with each other as professionals and that they each have relationships with the other members of their team. I thought "Proof in the Pudding" was the first episode in a long time where we got to see everyone really working together cohesively and getting involved on a more emotional level. I do think that ever since Zack left, things have changed, the writing has changed, and I don't always think that's for the better. I feel more connected to all the characters when we get to see them work together and bond and fight and get to know one another beyond the basics. For example, that scene between Booth and Hodgins in 'Pudding,' when Booth defends Hodgins against the man who physically attacked him, was brief but showed another side to Booth that we don't get to see very often anymore, how he considers them all his people, not just Brennan. Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth. :D

Long story short... yes, I miss Zack. He was an integral part of the team, and I definitely did not think the writers did enough with his character before they decided to get rid of him. I also don't think they took enough time to lay the actual groundwork so that his becoming the 'apprentice' made any sort of solid sense. But that is a much longer post, and I still owe Sharon a 'review' of "Proof in the Pudding." :lol:
word count: 342
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Chanel346
Fan

Post by Chanel346 »

I was so upset when Zack left. I cried when i watched the episode when he left. Zack was my favourite character. At the moment my friends and i are writing a Bones story of our own which includes Zack and everything that happened with him and the Gormogon never happened in our story. We have been making up new characters to make it more exciting. Chanel Montenegro is Angela's half sister, they were separated at a young age and haven't seen each other until Chanel gets a job at the Jeffersonian as a forensic anthropologist. She ends up dating Zack and marrying him (we just though Zack needed a girl). Sahara Addy is one of Zack's sisters who ends up with Sweets. If you would like more information on our story contact me, send me a message.

by Chanel346
word count: 143

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Chanel!
Whoo, AU fanfic, haven't viewed any of that in a while. Like you, there are a number here who are very attached to Zack and really miss him, so I think you'll probably find a few takers for your story! Limit it to private message though. This being a TJ-centric board and not a Bones-focused one, fanfic discussion is not generally considered relevant, though I know that some of our members do write for Bones and other fandoms.

You are very, very welcome here and if you'd like to introduce yourself down on the Welcome forum you'll find a whole squad of extremely warm people waiting to meet and greet you (and your mate!). If you'd prefer to browse and lurk a bit, then that's perfectly fine too. Look forward to seeing more of you.

Steph.
word count: 146

Chanel346
Fan

Post by Chanel346 »

Out of my friends and i we have taken on characters and i'm Chanel coz i just love Zack so much. It might take me a while to post the story coz its really long but i will post it chapter by chapter.
word count: 44

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Chanel!
Pleeeease don't devote a lot of your time to posting fanfic here - as I said above, you are welcome to share it privately, but the fact is that this site is dedicated to a real person and not a character, so stories are inappropriate and as a moderator I shall unfortunately have to remove them! Let people pm you for a suitable link maybe. Nothing at all against the genre, but this is not a suitable outlet for it.
word count: 81