Hi all - new mods

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Hi all - new mods

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, it's done, begolden and I are to be appointed moderators here and we want to make it into a lively friendly place full of updates on our favourite man.

I've sent a lot of you (hoping to get to you all eventually!) a private message explaining what we would like to embark on, but briefly: we are planning changes to the site to make it more user-friendly and interesting to all of you. What we need are the following things:
  • as many contributions and posts/polls here as you can manage so we can get to know each other
  • ideas, lots of ideas, and requests for facilities you would like on site
  • lots of posts to other forums to let them know about us, maybe mentions on your own sites/pages/blogs if you have them and particularly posts on Fox.com's Bones message boards so that TJ gets noticed and given more opportunities to shine onscreen
  • help and suggestions if we run into technical problems - when I volunteered for this job I did it on the strict understanding that I'm a moderator and not an admin. Many of you have actual websites and are more familiar with Web dealings. We'd appreciate your help!
Many many thanks in anticipation

Steph (ThyneAlone)[/color]
word count: 216

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Yes, I'm on board as well!

Management (anyone watch the excellent "Carnivale" during its short run?) asked me to co-moderate with Steph, and I am happy to do it with my trusted friend. But as Steph said, we'll need input from you more technologically saavy fans (Kimber?).

Management also informed me that the changes to the website will hopefully be completed by the first of the year, so be patient with us!

Your humble co-servant,

Rebecca
word count: 80
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

:roll:
Humble what?
Purr-lease.

Thanks in advance for your help, Rebecca!
:D :wink:
word count: 11

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hee hee ... technology savvy? Me? Well, I guess only because I've learned the ropes of HTML coding and other minor web dealings along my way. I don't know if I'm that much of a computer geek, but I can surely try! Any help you gals need, you just ask, and I'll be there!

CONGRATS ladies! :) You deserve it. You're surely the biggest TJ appreciators that I know!
word count: 72
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'd like to include my (very belated) congratulations to the both of you, too. You've been instrumental in getting conversations going (and keeping them going) around here, you know about all the sites outside of this one that relate, you make everyone feel welcome, and you have the experience to handle mod 'stuff' very well.

As for ideas, suggestions, and contributions, I think I need a little more time to mull things over before I can come up with anything to add.

In the meantime, I just wanted to say hi, thanks for the announcement, and CONGRATULATIONS, ladies! Have fun! :D

Sherry
word count: 103

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Quick question --

If I have a message in my "Outbox" (but I don't see that message listed in the "Sent box"), does that mean the message has not yet been delivered?

Did I miss a step in sending my reply or did my message get stuck in the system and not delivered? Or has it been delivered and I'm merely misunderstanding the PM process?

Thanks for your help!
word count: 70

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yeah, annoying, isn't it?
When I was made a mod I wrote to people individually to tell them and to ask them to become involved with the site. Loads of those messages are still in my outbox. What it means is that they haven't yet been picked up by the recipient, not that you have done anything wrong. Drop me an experimental one cos I always check my mail. It will be gone into your sentbox in no time. I promise!
word count: 83
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Just sent a test message to you, Steph. :D

Thanks again for the help.
word count: 13

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

well, when I said no time I actually meant a couple of hours, because I had to go away and do some boring work, boo-hoo. Got it and replied, Sherry. :wink:
word count: 31

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

That's okay -- I went away for a while, too. Imagine that... lives to lead. What are we thinking? ;)

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go check it right now.
word count: 32

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Gotta say I'm glad you have a life to live now...didn't sound like it a short while ago...

but coming back here is fun though, isn't it?
:) :wink:

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Gotta say I'm glad you have a life to live now...didn't sound like it a short while ago...
I sure didn't. *shakes head* It's been really nice to take a breath or two, get my bearings again. Reset the mind, get some rest, get some energy back... all important.

Of course, now I need to find a new job, and that might be difficult now that we're nearing the holidays, which gives me a tiny bit of a stomachache, but I'll deal with it somehow. One step at a time.
but coming back here is fun though, isn't it?
Absolutely! :D

It's great to be able to post an opinion, comment, something, anything! Use my brain for something more creative and thoughtful, rather than what I was doing almost 24/7. It's been fantastic being here. *VBG*

Thanks again for being so welcoming, Steph and Rebecca.
word count: 155

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

So I see on the Home page at last the M team has officially declared the two of you as moderators. Whoo!

Congratulations, Steph and Rebecca!

What will this mean for the two of you now? Do you have set guidelines to follow and responsibilities to tackle?

Steph, I know you talked about getting some of the Talk TJ threads moved under the appropriate new headers -- is that something you'll now be able to accomplish as a mod, or will that be done by the M team?

And is there anything you need from us as you take on this new post?

Congratulations again! You're both already doing such a great job, guiding and encouraging conversations, keeping us in line, and creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Thanks!
word count: 130

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Congrats to the mods, how great for both of you. I haven't been here that long but I can see why you were chosen. :)

As for the techy stuff, thought I'd let you know I've been working with computers for over 20 years and am currently going to school to get a computer science degree so feel free to ask if you ever need anything!

Sharon
word count: 69
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thank you Sharon!
All my knowledge is based round basic moving of posts, deletion of spam, warnings to troublemakers, caring for members and encouraging discussion. Nuts and bolts I will learn as I go along, and that is where you and others will come in incredibly useful.

Sherry - thank you for your good wishes. Of course, we weren't exactly chosen in the way Sharon flatteringly hints - we were volunteers! Quite insane. I'm sure Rebecca won't mind me admitting we're both rather apprehensive, as in the completely terrifiied spectrum of rather apprehensive. Our job is basically to keep the board running smoothly, keep spam and annoyances off it, act as mediators between members and management, keep the threads active, up to date and interesting, be the first to spread news and generally keep you all happy while remaining low-key. We should be almost invisible if we are doing the job properly. Although one of my priorities will indeed be to tidy threads into forums and I know Rebecca's desperate to get into the member list and, if she is empowered to do so, get rid of the 'members' who are basically spammers. Apparently we will be allowed to fiddle round with colour schemes here too, so be prepared for strange experiments.

I would like to say that this is one of the most inspiring, friendly, personal and intelligent boards I have visited, and that is down to all of you. TJ fans are very special people, it seems. You make me feel pretty humble as I take on this job of effectively looking after you. It is a genuine privilege to do so. Please just give me a gentle slap if I get too big for my boots!!!
word count: 293

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

CONGRATS!!

I offer myself for any technical problem regarding the message board, I run one myself so I'm very familiar with this things. Just PM and I'll help you ;)
~ s o f i

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Congratulations from me, too - Steph and Rebecca! You are doing a great job!

Simone
word count: 14
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Thanks for the encouragement--they haven't made us official yet, but we welcome the support and offers of help!
word count: 20
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Hi all - new mods

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi all,
Thought I'd use this thread for an official but non-permanent mod announcement. I am back from my trip abroad but will come and give more detail on that on the sofa when I am less beleaguered with a very severe and uncomfortable head cold!

Announcement is as follows: Management have asked Rebecca and me to notify you all that they haven't forgotten about us but are simply swamped by work now that TJ's schedule has forked up to insane again and Bones is returning. Many apologies for lack of response to any communications you've sent - they will get round to it! Honest!

Steph x
word count: 111

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Hi all - new mods

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome back, Steph! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

And thank you to the M Team for their update.

~ Sherry xo
word count: 24