Bones 5.15 The Bones on the Blue Line

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Bones 5.15 The Bones on the Blue Line

Post by skftex »

Okay, started the topic. Please discuss the episode here. I'd say more but well...I have nothing to say. :|
word count: 20
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Re: Bones 5.15 The Bones on the Blue Line

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I don't have TOO much to say. I thought it was an okay ep. I had a few lol moments & some squeals.

The beginning was horrid. I knew, I just KNEW that they were gonna be bastards & kill that poor kid off. Sooo not happy.

I guessed fairly early on that Sweets was gonna propose & I'm quite happy for the two of them. (B&B & Hodgins/Angela should take a hint from their example)

Page 187.... Such teases! They never told us what it was, but it was incredibly amusing to me to find out that it was Hodgins' "thing." Now I know why TJ kept mentioning it so much in his posts! :D

On the down side, I thought the case, & especially the vic, seemed to take a backseat to the main characters. When they showed the scene where Sweets revealed the vic's secret love, I found that I just didn't care.

Also, I was a bit saddened for Brennan when she realized that people didn't love her books for the science that she wrote, but for the character interactions that were suggested by Angela. However, I was happy for Angela with her big check.

word count: 200
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Oh, dear. Where do I start?
I LOVE episodes where Sweets is more of an important character, so this one was already a good one for me.
Though the whole PTSD thing really freaked me out.
Switches his role a bit, so you can see his vulnerable side, like with the epi. last season with the death metal band and the slashes on Sweets' back.
I STILL don't like Daisy.
I'm trying, everyone. I just can't seem to do it.
I'm really liking this tension between Jack and Angela. Page 187 really brought something back, in my mind.
I feel like there's more.
I TiVo'd it, so I'll watch it again and write more, I'm sure.
Was anyone else curious as to what Hodgins' "thing" was?
:drool: Ha. Sorry.
word count: 136
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I thought of something to say. I liked Cam saying "King of the Lab". :)
word count: 14
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

lol I think I was as shocked as Hodgins when she said that.
:lol:
word count: 13
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Finally got around to watching around 1 am...

Well, I don't remember a lot of what happened because after Hodgins started talking about "that thing he does" I had a hard time concentrating. "You'll never be rid of me" hehe :P

Anyhow, I did find myself much more interested in the personal side than the case itself, and it was kind of anticlimactic when they figured out who it was.

I am not a Daisy fan either, but I do love Sweets so it's okay if she has to be around every now and then. I'm going through a sappy romantic phase lately so I enjoyed their scenes.

Random thought: :think: Why do they have Hodgins dress in so many layers all the time? While I was uh staring at TJ during the "science fair" scene I noticed he has on 3 layers but Cam is only wearing a thin dress shirt.
word count: 154
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

i've watched it through twice now. Once very late in the evening and then with some friends a few hours ago.

The 'thing that I do.. its my thing' was the biggest concern in my house.. by far.. definitely a fair amount of speculation about what that thing is.. and how, if its that good, for our sake, it should be shared with ALL men..

yep.

I wanted to give Sweets a huge hug everytime I saw him on the screen. Poor baby duck.
Daisy didnt annoy me nearly as much as usual.

I luffed that Cam told Hodgins he was king of the lab!!!

Kinda liked that it was B&B lite, considering next week will be so much about them.

and

I loved that hodgins, having seemingly tried everything to get ange back, just has to remind her how good he is in bed, and she is swooning again! :dance:
word count: 152

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

Ang... yes the layer thing drives me crazy a bit. cos its not like by now we don't know that he is actually quite built.. and not a scrawny scientist.

I do wonder how TJ can get through the screens without sweating unbelievably.. cos I know how hot those stage lights are.. even when you're dressed in one layer.
word count: 61

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I liked Cam saying "King of the Lab," too. I don't think anyone has ever called it for him; he generally just does it himself. However, Cam has always seemed to embrace the contest more than any of the other main characters. She was the one that gave Zack the "King of the Lab" trophy & once asked Clark if he wanted to call "King of the Lab."

In re the layers... I LOVE Hodgins in layers! Oddly enough, I'm much more likely to drool over Hodgins when he's in his hoodies & multiple layers than when he's shirtless. I think I just like to fantasize about removing them. Whoops, TMI! LOL :P
word count: 114
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Oh, I like the layers too...I guess the advantage is it makes you appreciate the scenes when he's not wearing as much. :mrgreen:

But yeah, poor TJ, he really probably is hot on the set.

Oh and besides Toyota sponsoring the show, why is Angela really driving a mini van??
word count: 51
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

delphiekat
Super Fan

Post by delphiekat »

Okay, let's take a chance at this...

For the van, Angela did say it was to carry her "artist" stuff, and paintings we've seen a while ago are rather big... my :twocents-twocents:

I couldn't stop laughing and pointing at the TV during the "flood" at the beginning, because I recognise where they were!! I already had my doubts, but the simili-turnstiles gave it away :dance:

I loved the car scenes! Hodgins and Sweets in the Mini, and when Angela had to take Daisy out of the lab :D

I liked the "King of the Lab" part, mostly with Cam's comment as to why she said it, and the stunned looked on Hodgins' face :laughing-rollingyellow:

Please correct me if I understood incorrectly, but in Bones' book, "Kathy Reichs" has an on-going relationship with agent Andy, but she had an affair with Ryan?? Made me laugh, since it's the real Kathy Reichs' books, her Dr. Brennan has an history with the SQ guy Andrew Ryan...

Hot stuff now, what is on page 187????? :shock: I wish I knew, sounds like fun!

I really liked this episode, and now I can't wait for next week, with the 100th episode!!!!
word count: 199

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Ok, I make this really quick:

I liked the episode, but I thought p187 would be a bigger deal by having more of an impact. What we know now was basically what we had already seen in the promo... well, except for Hodgins being all smug about it.

Daisy annoyed the heck out of me and during that car scene with Angela... GAH! I don't know what it is with Carla Gallo as Daisy, because I saw her in other roles and I liked her there. But Daisy makes me literally cringe every time I see her on screen.

Cam was adorable and funny as usual and even wore the "white blouse with a ponytail" look again. Don't know why, but nearly every time she wears a white blouse her hair is wrapped in a pony tail, as opposed to the usual chignon.

Last but not least I had to laugh about the layer comments here, because I actually tweeted about it while I watched the epi. I wasn't as concerned with HOW MANY layers he wears, but more about the odd colors. My tweet said: "Blue labcoat, grey hoodie, brown dress shirt, yellow undershirt... guys are you serious?!" ;)

Ok, have to run now, real life is calling :P
word count: 211
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

Ok, Call me mean, but at one point I was all excited cause I thought Sweets was going to dump Daisey. I'm sorry but she just irritates me soooo much!! I was hoping that maybe he was thinking life was too short to be tied down to her.

It was sad for Bones to realize that it was Angela's characterizations that made the books what they were, but at the same there are many co-arthurs, and nothing wrong with them working together...especially if she's paying Angela.

My favorite shot of TJ is the muscle shirt. I love the reminder that the man is buff every once in a while and not just some scrawny nerdy squint.

I am just glad I now know what TJ's comment about page 187 that he made on FB is really about...Well, actually I'd like a demonstration...but I don't see that happening...lol

I can't wait for the 100th. I am interested to see David Boreanez's quick scene with his father. I watched teh interview where they were talking to him about being directed by his own son, and I think that's cool.
word count: 201

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

I really liked this one, I could tell I really enjoyed it by the fact that it only seemed to last about ten minutes. The beginning just so makes you think about the randomness of life, I liked Booth's take on it and yea if the young guy had been in that accident even a couple of minutes earlier he would have died with all the uncertainty of his illness hanging over him so least he had that couple of minutes of happiness and someone to share it with.

I loved Sweets in this its good to see his vulnerability. I actually quite like Daisy too, she's kinda Brennan on speed. She can be annoying at times but then so can Brennan and I reckon that's part of the characterisation.

I liked that the whole theme was about the show itself as in why its popular and that its more to do with the characters than with the science. A lot of the stuff that was said was defo about the show as much as Brennan's book, like the question about why it took Cathy so long to hook up with Andy.

I loved TJ in this one with the whole guy's guy look over that thing he does. He was lookin especially good in this one as well. I loved the scene with the rats only Hodgins could get so excited about rat excrement.

I was torn about the ending, I do see why it was there; I saw where the conversation is leading, and I know its nearly always B&B at the end, but seeing as it was such a big epi for Sweets I would quite like for it to have ended with the proposal (good coming from bad).

All in all though I liked it, a bit more emotional and angsty than some of the latest epis, a bit more stripped to the bone, reminded me a bit of the basics of the first two seasons. From what I've heard there's plenty of emotion to come too, which is good so long as we still get a few laughs along the way.

Most importantly it answered something that's bugged me for ages and which I actually sent HH a tweet about ages ago, how can Brennan write popular fiction when she's so clueless about popular culture etc and now we know.

Anyway, catch you later

Jude x
word count: 413

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

All the layering mysteries solved-I asked TJ about the wardrobe and he answered. Since it was kind of a group thing, I didn't put a name on it, just said we, and it is posted in the tj's skeleton's section. Interesting that given what TJ said, Hodgins was wearing a yellow t-shirt in this episode. :lol:

Sharon
word count: 61

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

I won't go into detail so everyone can read for themselves, but that is really interesting!! Thanks for asking, Sharon, and TJ for answering!
word count: 25

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hmm yes and I had some thoughts about it as well; the points TJ makes could address personality layers as well as physical ones maybe? given that there's an awful lot we don't know about Jack yet..after *5 seasons*, writers, can we have a bit more please? <<rolls eyes>>
word count: 52
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I loved the 'clothing layers' Q&A, Sharon. Thanks for asking TJ for all of us!
ThyneAlone wrote:Hmm yes and I had some thoughts about it as well; the points TJ makes could address personality layers as well as physical ones maybe? given that there's an awful lot we don't know about Jack yet..after *5 seasons*, writers, can we have a bit more please? <<rolls eyes>>
Unlike the clothing layers... very unfortunately, when it comes to personal layers, that I don't think TJ has control over, Steph. (Not that you don't already know that; I think I'm just saying it because I -- we -- very much mourn the writers' decisions in that regard.) And I wish he did have more say because then maybe we'd get to see more and learn more about his character on meaningful levels. But that is a much longer conversation than this episode thread. ;)
word count: 156

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

oooh I saw your name on the first page Sherry and thought you had written about the episode. And came here and you didn't. LOL Well that is okay, nice to see you here anyway!

And of course you are all welcome for the TJ answer. I mean, it is tough work asking TJ questions but someone has to do it. HAHAHAHAHAHA ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
word count: 63

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oops! Sorry, Sharon! *GRIN* Nope, no writing about the episode yet.

Actually, I haven't even seen this episode yet. :oops: :D I was out of state attending the funeral for my dad's cousin (I suppose that would make him my cousin, too) on the night it aired so I wasn't around to see it. I did download it this past weekend when I got back into town, but just haven't had time or brain power to watch it yet. I've been feeling a little out of sorts and as a result have been behind on more than a few things this week. Still trying to get back on track. But it's definitely on my 'to watch' list. I'm interested to discuss it with all of you (especially you, Sharon, given your curious comments *smiles*).

At any rate, it's nice to be here. I've missed you guys. I feel like I've been in a bubble for the past month.

P.S. When can we expect a new TJ Q&A? No pressure or anything! Heehee.
word count: 182