Bones 5.16 The Parts in the Sum of the Whole

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
delphiekat
Super Fan

Bones 5.16 The Parts in the Sum of the Whole

Post by delphiekat »

OMG, the end was heartwrenching!!

Poor Sweets, he's got all the facts wrong! Which is kinda odd, because I assumed he would have done some research, or asked questions first, but hey, that was a good excuse to see that flashback :)

Definitely not enough Hodgins, although it was fun to see the whole "anger management" thing again... The elastic, it must have hurt to slap it so often on his wrist!!! The hair was okay, but with the things TJ said in interviews, I expected something bigger :) But it was fun to look at the colors of the layers this week :P

Yay for Zack, but once again, I wish we've seen him more! It was fun to see him interact with Hodgins, and start a tradition to be on the receiving end of "cause of death experiments."

Cam, Angela, Caroline, we didn't get to see them much, but it was good to see how everything started.

Now, the whole Bones/Booth flashback thing... The weird thing was that it didn't feel weird :shock: I mean, they seem very comfortable telling Sweets about it. Their first meeting feels more natural than what we have seen in the Pilot - Brennan being attracted by Booth's wide shoulders and facial symmetry, Booth impressed by her identification of the victime, etc. So that kiss didn't feel out of character, which almost surprised me!

I'll have to watch it again to get all the subtle hints, but I loved the "cold fish" line!

Back to the present, I really loved when they left Sweets' office like they usually do, in the middle of a discussion, without acknowledging him :) Booth finally telling her about his feeling was... WOW! How could she turn him down????? I really loved how the scene was played, it felt "honest" with both characters.

I really enjoyed this ep, even if I was sad the way it ended, but like Booth said, now they'll have to move on, and I can't wait to see where this will lead us (and them, of course!)...

What did you think???
word count: 352

llamalah
Fan

Re: Bones 5.16 The Parts in the Sum of the Whole

Post by llamalah »

delphiekat wrote:Poor Sweets, he's got all the facts wrong! Which is kinda odd, because I assumed he would have done some research, or asked questions first, but hey, that was a good excuse to see that flashback
The only thing in this episode that annoyed me was Sweets deciding that the entire thing was rubbish based on the fact that they had kissed... but how did Caroline not blab about the office kiss and the fact that it was in the office in the middle of the day, someone else had to have seen it... so there is no way that it wasn't at the very least legendary gossip... and therefore something Sweets should have looked into.

All that being said - AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME...
and heart crushing.

It didn't shock me at all when Bones propositioned Booth - you're right - it just seemed normal and how it would have played out. Its kinda funny that booth is so uncomfortable talking about sex with Bones but here, when its a being offered unattached, he's like 'okay - why not'
and the kiss!
and then him implying he thinks they could have a relationship and then her running away (cabbing away?!?)
and the SLAP! OH MY GOSH!! He had a hand print after that! nice ED!

I loved the looks on sweets face everytime they panned back to him. He had glassy red eyes... and look of shock, and disbelief and frustration etc etc. haahaa. poor sweets..

The best part - right at the end, when he looks at booth basically double dog daring him to say something! nice one sweets..

And you know what.. I not upset with the end.. I mean, it was upsetting but not in the "I hate you Hart Hanson" kinda upsetting but in the I wanna give Booth a big hug and offer myself up as his 'move on' for the next '30, 40 or 50 yrs' !! They needed a shake up and THAT was a shake up. Im looking forward to what happens next ...

now: moving on to TJ : *giggles* Hodgins hitting on ange made me laugh.. and bashing up zach.. and being all angry and flicking the rubber band.. and zach saying he is sexual frustrated.. and the 'stop being so unpleasant'... and eating on the platform.

what else can I say? I have much love and respect for HH and the crew for taking us on such an emotional rollercoaster, with a heartcrushing ending that makes you just sit and stare at the screen for many moments.

If that was just ep 16 of the season, I can only imagine what they are going to do to us in the finale. oh man.
word count: 453

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

I really liked the episode. And I felt so sorry for Booth in the end.

Zack was funny because he was his usual dorky self. Poor Eric. he comes back, gets hit with a baseball bat, has to wear this gigantic suit.... :D

the wig and Hodgins.. oh boy. And man was he angry. I'd like to see T.J.'s wrists after all that anger management. They must have been red from that rubber band :lol:

Cam was funny because she looked exactly the same, talked the same, was the same. I would have liked it better if we would have seen her in these dark basement rooms she once talked about, but there wasn't much of her in the episode anyway.

Sweets was funny for me because he level of desperation rose during the epi and he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

And poor Booth, again. At least now it#s out in the open.... still they will stay apart. I wonder what Angela would say if she heard that Booth and Brennan kissed (again) and Brennan told him off.
word count: 184
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yeah folks I enjoyed this!
I too was somewhat surprised that Sweets hadn't done more research on this one, given that he seems to have worked on this oeuvre for quite some time. No wonder he was so frustrated.

Still, the main thing I liked about this was that it felt true to character, I mean everybody's character. Whenever I have disliked or been indifferent to an ep it has tended to be as a result of a character being written unconvincingly/untrue to his/her self - or when the victim and his/her dear ones are treated disparagingly. This took us back to the start, before character development started, and yet made the people real rather than caricaturish a la stick figures (I assume the Angelator replaced the stick figures, hmm? :lol: ).

So what do we have? We have a rather self-satisfied Booth a bit too sure of himself, which is definitely redolent of the pilot, and a Brennan completely shorn of the outside world - though you'd assume that if she were aware it was a matter of social mores to allow others out of the lift first she'd also know not to go round slapping people spontaneously in public, or shoving past them without a word. Actually, for an intelligent person, she did go with some rather questionable spur-of-the-moment decisions. A federal judge could have caused major trouble for them all and punching him in the face at that stage in the investigations did not seem a wise choice! On the other hand, it was intriguing to see her giving way to emotional reactions *more* in the past, when we had assumed she had loosened up emotionally since then. Nevertheless - no falling in love or any such frivolity, so it all felt natural. She was as frank and uninhibited about sex as we are used to, and made a rational decision not to indulge in it. The anger and frustration at being disparaged was believable too. It was like being robbed of her identity and therefore comparable to her breakdown way back when she realised that she’d been carrying round a false identity for many years.

TJ has spoken often of the Hodgins of the early episodes and how he has developed his more recent portrayal. I’ve always admired the fact that he took a ‘typical’ squint off the page and turned him into someone we cared about in very short order. I did like the nerviness and anger of the start of S1 reproduced with such care – I reckon he must have at least glanced at some of those early episodes. Here Jack is having to stand up for what he loves and is good at, so it’s not surprising that the elastic band gets a considerable degree of twanging; but on the other hand the corners are neatly detailed and filled in with the arrogance of someone used to getting what he wants and the Tigger-like enthusiasm for the nuts and bolts of experimentation. I too wish we’d seen more of him; but it was a bonus to see him swing back into an entirely natural rapport with Eric Millegan, who also seemed to fall back into the role like he’d never left it. And I’ve always loved Angela’s Bohemian side, so it was a treat to have it highlighted. She really does look and sound like she belongs in Montmartre somewhere.

The ending was seductively persuasive. To have the pair actually consider the possibility of a relationship instead of dancing round it did create the impression of progress/moving on (and opens the season up to the appearance of fresh partners). Whether they can slip back into their easy companionship after facing up to the elephant in the room will be interesting to see. Don’t you think it’s about time Jack and Angela had that kind of a moment? Acknowledge and decide already – we need closure!
word count: 668
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

delphiekat
Super Fan

Post by delphiekat »

Okay, I watched this episode again - oh surprise - and checked the last scene at least 5 times! I couldn't help it!

I love what Hodgins told Angela "You feel like you saw something great that almost happened and it didn't..." Sounds like their almost-wedding...

In the last scene, I noticed that Bones never said she didn't love Booth. She said that she needed to protect him from her, that she can't change because she doesn't know how, but not that she doesn't love him back...

And I also love how she asked him if they could still work together... not if they could still be friends, but if they can work together... Reminds me of the episode when they discuss if they would still hang out if they didn't work together anymore. But from the look on her face, she doesn't seem to mean only the "crime solving" parts...

And the very final moments, when they walk, the way they lean into each other, so sweet!!!!

I really can't wait for the next episode, to see how this will affect their relationship... :pray:
word count: 192

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Quick question, since I won't see this episode until it airs tonight in the U.S.: how far back did they go -- when does the flashback take place? Six years ago, is that correct? So... a year before the pilot case? Or am I misunderstanding the timeline?

Another quick question: how old is Parker at the current point in the series? He was four when the show started, wasn't he?

Do they mention Rebecca at all in this episode? I'm wondering about the timing. I thought he and Rebecca were together for more than awhile, so I'm wondering if the writers messed up the math in that regard. If he and Rebecca were together, why would he have been in any way interested in Brennan in the flashback?
word count: 132

Rain
Fan

Post by Rain »

I can't stop thinking about the episode....I have so many thoughts that I think I need to collect them before I post on the actual episode.

However I have to agree with
llamalah wrote:All that being said - AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME...
and heart crushing.

that is the one thing I can comment on at the moment. The acting was superb! The emotion I felt at the end of the episode was indeed heart crushing. I think David and Emily knocked it out of the park, I felt all of the emotion that they were feeling, such a good job.

I really really wish they're were more of TJ and the rest of the gang...but I understand I guess. There was a point to the episode and they needed to get it all in, it is only an hour show.

But for Sherry-
As far as I can tell your right...they mention that their real first case was a year and a month before the Pilot one.

Unless I missed it they didn't mention Parker or Rebecca. There is one moment where Booth and Bones ask each other if they are seeing anyone and Booth says he is seeing someone casually....maybe that was meant to be her? and therefore Parker is not born yet? For timeline purpose though, I'm not sure if that all makes sense.

Shannon
word count: 234

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

BAHAHAHAHA sometimes people don't want what they were asking for. Anyway, I loved the episode, for the most part I thought it was done really really well!

The Caroline thing is a huge FAIL for me, because no matter what Booth says to Caroline about not remembering squints, I just can't buy that Brennan would have forgotten Caroline that easily.

Other than that. All good. Loved the return of the rubber band, and wow Hodgins was sloppy in the early days. Don't remember that so much about him in the pilot but maybe he'd started looking clean by then. ;)

Cam, I can live with that, too bad she didn't have more to do, but really in this episode they couldn't give anyone too much other than the two main characters and have it work.

There are more things that I'd like to say but I need to watch it again. Have to say, that there was a small moment when Booth and Brennan are talking to Sweets, right near the end, when Brennan says "We aren't in love with each other..." and there was a fabulous look on Booths face, came and went quickly but was kind of a clue to me what was coming. I liked the whole ending as well, the kiss, Brennan's reaction, the whole I gotta move on thing. Yep. Loved it.

word count: 235
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Okay, here I go... Being an avid B+B lover... You know what this post will be mainly about.
Lets start at the beginning.

I loved Hodgins' Hair, though it did seem smaller than I'd thought, given the interviews, and all. I did miss the anger management band, so it was nice to see it. I also love how he nearly attacks Angela. Haha.
When I saw Zack, there was a little Fangirl *squee*. Not going to lie to you.
I miss Zack so much D:

As for Cam and Caroline, it was nice to see them, too, though I've never been a fan of Caroline :shifty:

Hrm. Sweets and his book. I've always been in love with the idea that he's also writing a book, and that they're the central focus. Though, as aforementioned, you'd think he'd have done some serious research as to what the origins of their partnership were.
Some of you can speak from personal experience at my disdain of Daisy, so it was LOVELY to see Sweets without her in this Epi.
And that he was in his element. He wasn't in the lab, he was in his office, analyzing.

On to what I'd been waiting for ever since I had heard about the 100th epi. :dance: :dance: :dance:

I loved the immediate chemistry, and Bones' "reaction to the breadth of his shoulders and his prominent jaw." The sexual tension between them was yummy. :drool:
The slap. Oh, my. That just brings me back to Audrey Hepburn, and movies of the like, with the romantic slap. Though it wasn't romantic. HA. It was... Interesting. And knowing (well, hearing) how kind of a man David is, and how quirky he is, I can imagine he actually let her slap him. If not, good on you, CGers.
Of course, I was expecting the letdown at the Bar. But NOT the tear-jerking, heart-stomping letdown of a lifetime at the end.
I know not everyone is as enthusiastic about the B+B pairing as I am, but you have to admit it's very ... upsetting.
What Brennan said at the end, "I am not a gambler; I'm a scientist. I can't change. I don't know how," killed me.
And poor Seely. I don't know. I could go on for ages.
I've rambled on long enough.
All in all, I LOVED the Epi. :romance-admire:
Sorry for the excessive use of smilies.
word count: 412
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Well this episode had everything, emotion, humour and cool characterisation.

Firstly I've read a lot of reviews and I don't know if I'm missing something but I didn't see anything that made me think that the whole B&B 'thing' is changed for the worse I think its moved on in a positive way. I've watched the final scene a few times and maybe its just me but I reckon they both actually said 'I love you' without actually saying the words. Ok Booth's speech was a bit more obvious but Brennan basically said she didn't want to hurt him, she didn't say SHE didn't want to go there (in a way Brennan is being kinda selfish 'cos she wants all the good stuff of Booth being in her life without the emotional investment of admitting he's more than a partner although I don't think its a deliberate act just an automatic defence mechanism). It seems to me that the next few epis are gonna test Brennan's resolve (school says revisted, Booth's love interest, the Gravedigger) and it looks as though she's gonna head to the hills, probably out of fear (I'll discuss all that further in speculation at some point). Anyway suffice to say I reckon that this is just another stepping stone along the way. All that said I loved the scene it was one of those stomach clenching ones where you feel as though you're invading the characters' privacy by being there and it was a highly emotional experience. I have a feeling there is plenty of that ahead so I'm getting plenty of kleenex in in readiness.

Now to the rest of the epi, I liked Hodgins (cool hair) he was still the angry man then and I really loved that and also the way he was coming on to Angela straight away.

Talking of Angela I had kinda always thought that she and Brennan had known each other longer than they actually have whereas, in reality, Brennan has apparently known Hodgins and Zack for longer. I liked Angela in this one she felt more real as a charcter than she has in recent epis.

I didn't really didn't care about the discrepancy with Caroline 'cos it was worth it to have Patricia Belcher around she is awesome. I wasn't too bothered about Zack being back well only as far as I liked the examination of the beginnings of his relationship with Hodgins (lots of fun).

A couple of random things to finish:

I missed Goodman its a pity they couldn't get Jonathan Adams on board.

I loved seeing kick ass Brennan back with her penchant for hitting people, you go girl!

Brennan is a very fast worker 'cos in the thirteen months after this she got togother with Pete, moved in with him, split with him and took off to Guatemala for two months to escape, busy girl!

I'm guessing that maybe the person Booth was seeing might have been Tessa in the early days, I always got the impression he split with Rebecca when Parker was first born or not long after and by my reckoning he would be about two at this time (although he did hook up with Rebecca again casually)

Anyway that was long and now (unfortunately) I have to go to work.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 581

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Quick question, since I won't see this episode until it airs tonight in the U.S.: how far back did they go -- when does the flashback take place? Six years ago, is that correct? So... a year before the pilot case? Or am I misunderstanding the timeline?

Another quick question: how old is Parker at the current point in the series? He was four when the show started, wasn't he?

Do they mention Rebecca at all in this episode? I'm wondering about the timing. I thought he and Rebecca were together for more than awhile, so I'm wondering if the writers messed up the math in that regard. If he and Rebecca were together, why would he have been in any way interested in Brennan in the flashback?
They go back approx. 13 months before their "Pilot" case. Yes, Parker was 4 at the time of the first Christmas ep, so he would've been 2-3 during the flashback case. We know that Rebecca turned down Booth's marriage proposal while she was still pregnant, so while we know they dated on & off a few times (& still "fell together" on occassions even into season 2), there's no knowing if they were together at the time of that first case. His "casual" gf that he mentions could have been Rebecca, or possibly Cam, or someone else entirely.

Now on to my really long post. This is quite possibly my longest post ever (copied & pasted from the BY, b/c I did not want to have to type it all out again :P ). I just need to start off by saying that the coninuity errors in tonight's show drove me NUTS! So, here're my thoughts as I watched, along with further speculation as I read people's posts & reviewed the ep.

- OMG! I was eating when Hodgins walks in with his bad wig. I started choking on my chips & hummus. I thought I was going to need CPR.
- "You can take that femur & shove it..."
- Continuity error already! Ack. In the Pilot, Booth said that in their previous case, Brennan provided him with a description of the killer & the murder weapon by just looking at autopsy x-rays.
- More continuity issues. Why didn't Bones know Caroline in "Man in the Morgue?"
- The first experiment, & of course, Zack's the victim.
- Interesting... Booth's flair is all because of Bones.
- Hodgins telling Angela "Something great almost happened." He's sooo talking about both Angela & Hodgins almost getting married, & Booth & Brennan almost taking that first plunge into a relationship.
- Continuity: Why was Bones confused by Booth using the word "squint" during the "pilot" if she'd heard him use it before?
- The missed moment. Rebecca talked about how ppl only get one, & after that they were just feeling what used to be there. Is it perhaps too late for B&B?
- Booth gave up gambling because of her too, huh? She makes him want to be a better man.
-BTW, I don't like Hodgins flirting with Ange right away, b/c that sort of interaction didn't show up until season 2.
- Why would Sweets think a kiss would undo them? He knew that they kissed under the mistletoe once.
- "Cold fish" He called her that. That's why she wrote it in her book. She doesn't want to be a cold fish but she thinks she is, especially since he was the one that told her so.
- "Nothing happens unless first a dream." We've had the dream. When is something really going to happen?
- A real kiss!!! Yay!
- Awww..... Dammit, Brennan. You know, Brennan wanted to take the chance when they started working together again, until she found out about Tessa. She had way more guts back then.
- "I knew, right from the beginning."
- Moving on. If he really believes that she's THE ONE, why would he be so quick to jump to the idea of moving on? He's held out on making a move for 5 years, & after just one time being turned away, he's going to say "OK, I'll just find someone else" ?!

I didn't cry. I think because I no longer expect them to get together. Things that Hart has said & things that David has said lead me to believe that it may never happen & if it does, it will be at the end. I really think if they're not going to get them together, they should just drop it so that they can focus on other storylines that might actually get resolved.

BTW, I loved having Zack in this. It felt like he had never left. It'd be great if they could break him out of that looney bin & bring him back for good.

A couple of side notes:

Someone at the BY mentioned that they seem more interested in drawing in viewers than in making a good story, & I have to agree. I've noticed they seem to go more for laughs & shock value lately. The characters' stories and interactions don't carry through from one episode to the next. It's the difference between how Angela & Hodgins became a couple & how Angela & Wendell became a couple. The one was a coherent storyline that flowed & grew through many episodes providing a satisfying & engrossing story, & the other just seemed to be thrown in out-of-the-blue for the sake of soap opera style drama.

Also, this is a quote from someone there that I totally agree with: "i watch for a great story, and while certain amount of angst is a sign of a good story ...prolonged, overdragged angst is a sign of just the opposite, that the angst itself must compensate for what the storyline is lacking... so Hart, do you have a great story to tell or not?"
word count: 982
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

One more thing. :mrgreen: Zack commented that Hodgins' attitude is all sexual frustration, yet Hodgins was portrayed as being a bit of a player back at the beginning of the series (& still quite angry & argumentative).
word count: 34
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Little note from TJ, when I asked him about the his wrist after this episode. ;)

"yes, my wrist was marked for days.
hahaha"
word count: 23
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

delphiekat
Super Fan

Post by delphiekat »

Ouch!

What he wouldn't do for a good performance!!!
word count: 10

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Because I couldn't really think of a better place for this, more about the rubber band...sorry without corrections (that is for Steph ;) ) I'm just pasting it as he said it...

"here's a little scoop for you:
After initially introducing the rubberband in season 1,
I told Mac, our prop mistress "this is now a forever prop for me,
til I find a way to take it off some day."
I have worn that rubberband everyday of filming for 5 years.

the only time it isn't on is when i'm in the jumpsuit.I don't wear anything on me (watch rubberband) when i'm doing anything in the jeffersonian tech-jump suit.
BUT,
every other scene, for 5 years,
I've had that rubberband upon my wrist.

I told hart about 8 month ago: "you know Jack has 4 props on him always: Watch, pen, badge, and the rubberband!
he couldn't believe I still wore it.

I said "i'd love to see him take it off some day, like he really really doesn't need it anymore"
but instead, it was a big featured part in the 100th.

So, when you watch a rerun, look close on my right wrist in any scene and see if peeking through you can see a small sliver of green, a glimpse of "i'm managing. I'm getting by".

:-)

TJ"

Then I wanted to clarify something because I saw a post that said something about the rubber band changing colors, so I asked and TJ says it has ALWAYS been green, and he's worn it on his right wrist for years...

Sharon

Okay wanted to add a little note asking people PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND PASTE this onto other sites. If it shows up other places I'm not gonna post stuff like this anymore. So please don't ruin it for everyone, put a link if you need to share it somewhere. :)
word count: 330

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

- Why would Sweets think a kiss would undo them? He knew that they kissed under the mistletoe once.

-In my opinion, that kiss (mistletoe) happened with the two of them detached from emotion. It was a necessity to gain ground on a case.
The first kiss was just two drunk people trying to... well,two drunk people.
The kiss in the end of the episode, in my opinion, was 6+ years of passion and unrequieted love finally come out to play.
They gave up on their boundaries, and for 3 or 4 seconds, were in the place they both want to be.
The floodgates opened, and Brennan couldn't handle it.

I am also with the previous statements of her "saying I love you in her way."
My reason for calling it heart-breaking is that she can't take the chance and go for what she knows she wants and needs in her life because she's a scientist.
And I think he said he has to move on because he knows Brennan's will-power and amazing thick-headedness. And maybe trying to move on will help him to be able to be around her daily, knowing they both feel the same but can never be together.

It made more sense in my brain.
Hanne, don't read this at work. lol
word count: 224
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

skftex wrote:Okay wanted to add a little note asking people PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND PASTE this onto other sites. If it shows up other places I'm not gonna post stuff like this anymore. So please don't ruin it for everyone, put a link if you need to share it somewhere. :)
I cannot emphasise this enough. TJ has given us a personal look into things here; it's not intended to go elsewhere as though it were an interview. Giving a link to bring people here is much better.

And Sharon, I'm not going to correct that...it's great just the way it stands. Many thanks. :clap: :dance:
word count: 111
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Where should I begin.. ? Bare with me.. I'm not a writer like most of you.. ;-) One flaw I got which I can't get rid of is, that I'm very detail oriented.. ARGH

Here goes.. :-) I must say I really loved this episode – wow.. all were so in character and all the suttle hints to the show in some why to where it is now..
The way they used the flashback to tell the story.. not bad..

What was up with Sweets.. why couldn't he accept that his book was wrong on the whole ”love” aspect between Booth and Bones.. and also about that the ”Chloe-case” wasen't their first collaboration. And the lesson in all of this is: RESEACH a bit more!

One thing that stood out for me was Bones first meeting with Cam – that got me to remember The Titan on the tracks.. with their ”first” meeting..
How Booth reacts to her saying no...

Hodgins – OMG that hair.. and his rage.. love his use of the elastic – it must have hurt (which we now know DID.. ;-)
Also loved to see Zack again.. I was amazed that they didn't get along to begin with – which could have something to do with his rage and that he was rude towards him.. one word the Anger mangement.. :-)
Their first experiment.. lol.. Zack in that suit, he couldn't barely move..

Another thing that caught my eye was the look in Booth's eyes, when Sweets talks about him being a gambler – taking a chance in love.. for me it felt like he confessed his loved towards her..

The way it ended.. Booth wanted to take a chance but Bones couldn't.. don't know why but I had tears in my eyes.. with the whole speech.. him – had to find someone he could live with for the rest of his life.. her not being able to change..

I'm as most of you ”looking” forward on how their relationship will be like..

So that's my thoughts.. :D
word count: 342

Sandy
Fan

Post by Sandy »

I loved so much the episode!!

The truth, did not think that Booth and Brennan have that good feeling in thier fisrt meet.
Poor you sweets simpre ruin their things and their book.

Zack really impressed me again. I miss him, I hope that Hart Hanson bring it again someday ..
Know how Angela began working with Brennan, and Hodgings has evolved and changed to always be angry to be more peaceful and friendly .. and have a good friendship with Zack, their first experiment together is memorable.
haha the rubberband, when I saw it I thought what Tj had to hurt. haha and I thought if he has to repeat that scene several times .. his wrist had ti hurt so much ...by the way thanks Sharon :wink: for telling us the fact what Tj has said about that.

At the end of the episode was very emotional. I cried a lot, poor Booth, I felt bad for him and for Brennan ...I'm intrigued about what will happen now after that moment in their relationship.
word count: 173

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Sooo, where to begin...
I've finaly watched the 100th... I was totally excited after reading all the coms and listening all the recommendations from people who saw it before me. I sat with all my fan attitude and endless love for TJ's work...

And... Arf... What a disappointment!!! I'm sorry to say so, but I really disliked this one... I almost felt asleep and I've found it sooo boring!
I couldn't stay focus on this ep and hopefully we had Hodgins and Zack appearing otherwise I would have stopped watching it...

Well the first thing which comes to my mind is that it sounded more like an ep from the Young and the Restless rather than Bones... And I hate this soap!
Where was the investigation??? Where was the case??? Hodgins and the case are the 2 reasons why I watch the show and really the case was minimized and Hodgins really didn't came much often... It really bugged me (thought the expression was funny after talking about Hodgins :D )

On the other hand, I just had the unpleasant feeling that the authors were out of imagination and tried to find some story to keep some fans watching the serie... It sounded like written quickly at the restaurant on a paper towel... Not that I don't like the BB story, I'm not a big fan of it. But it sounded far-fetched to bring a little excitment with a BB kiss...

Of course I loved the rubberband thing :) Loved to see Zack again, and the experiments :D

So, I don't know why they did it for the 100th but I thought the Bones spirit was missing and this one was so boring I just couldn't stay focus on it... Even if I've tried to watch it 2 times...

So, of course, it's only my opinion, I'm a Bones devoted fan, but I really totally disliked it and was disappointed...

Wooh! It's done!
It wasn't too long I hope :)

Véro
word count: 343
The waffle conspiracy...