Bones 5.19 The Rocker In The Rinse Cycle

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Bones 5.19 The Rocker In The Rinse Cycle

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm not going to review this yet as I haven't time, I have to get out tonight.

But I will have loads to say later. I really warmed to it. Dialogue was snappy, funny and in character, there was music and singing !! a bit of homage to Angela's dad, a good Cam storyline that gave TT a chance to shine, not least in an excellent role-swap scene in which Michelle told her off; Brennan showed definite jealousy of Catherine, Hodgins held forth about baseball and found the vital piece of evidence. Oh and plenty of ick factor in the remains, always fun, along with some jocular testicle humour. What's not to like? More when I have time!
word count: 122
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Akarana
Super Fan

Re: Bones 5.19 The Rocker In The Rinse Cycle

Post by Akarana »

Oh how I loved this episode!

The case... what was the case? Ah yeah right the crazy dude getting killed with a guitar. The first scene was already funny when Cam not so subtly changed the topic to "girl parts" and made Booth more than uncomfortable. Brennan's quip at the end when he was weirded out by the testicle thing was just great.

But, before I get to the case I have to talk my favorite: Cam. And Cam and a date. And Cam and Michelle. Oh Cam and Michelle.

Cam and the one testicle thing and that combined with Hodgins: Hilarious. I was laughing so hard when they kept cracking jokes while Brennan looked like they had two heads.

Cam: “Is there a testicle up here?”
Hodgins: “Four that I know of.”

;)
Also later he when he had the "silikone" and she told him what it was...

And the love interest:
The guy is... ok-ish. I was already laughing when Cam actually sat there with a folder about this guy. Thorough research... Cam really IS crazy when it comes to Michelle and this time she just morphed into Brennan ;)

Their date was so cute and Cam is such an awkward dater. When she asked him if she was smiling too much. Awwww. :violin: It would have been nice if we had actually seen parts of their date at the movies, but maybe we'll get to see them together sometime in the future.

And Cam and Michelle:
There are really no words for how much I love seeing these two together. Michelle's sheer presence transforms Cam into a scared 4 year old, who keeps worrying and rambling. She's even more awkward as a mother than she is at a date.
I was half expecting her to walk into the room with Michelle at the gynecologist. Or when she kept rambling at the diner and Michelle was already talking to her like she would talk with a little kid.
My absolute favorite though was the last scene with these two when Michelle confronts Cam at the lab. All the mployers at the Jeffersonian should take lessons from this teen about how to intimidate one Camille Saroyan and how to boss her around.
She played her so well. First with the accusations and how she got Cam to admit that she would ground her for "I didn't do anything, it just sortt of happened". Cam keeps her hands in a "Forgive me" possition during the whole talk.
Then Michelle pulls the guilt card with the whole "Can't you trust me. Do you have to sneak behind my back" speech, just to tell Cam she should be dating the guy, but take it very slow, because she's out of practice. The speech, Cam's expression... I was laughing so hard and I don't know how many times I've watched this scene alone. :lol:

The rest...Angela being weirded out by Cam's "Is it big" talk, brings me back to Cam.
Hodgins comments and laughter was kind of connected to Cam as well.
Sweets getting so excited about the rock music was cute, that's something non-Cam related.
Booth was cute as well, especially when he kept playing air guitar.
Brennan and Booth singing was... well, off-tune.
The case was ok, although I have to admit I didn't pay too much attention.

For me this was a Cam episode, which in my book is AMAZING, because she's my favorite :D

Favorite scenes.. well, it's bascially one scene:

Michelle: “You’re dating my gynocologist?!”
Cam:” It wasn’t my fault! It just happened.”
Michelle: “What?! Think about what you’d say if I said that to you.”
Cam: “I’d ground you.”

Michelle: “Why didn’t you tell me? Don’t you trust me?! You have to sneak around behind my back?!”
Cam: “No! Wait! How did we switch roles here?!”

Michelle: “You two seem like a good fit. Have a little fun. But don’t got too fast. You’re out of practice!
Cam: “Excuse me!”
Michelle: “I thought you believed in honesty.”
Cam: “Oh… alright. I’ll go slow. Very, very slow.”
word count: 702
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

OK. I liked this episode so much more than last week's. So, here're my thoughts.

I thought the corpse was great. I loved the reveal & then all the falling bits. Cam got hit with a testicle! LOL "I'll put it this way: Our victim was male." Call me juvenile, but I was LMAO at all the testicle talk. --"Is there a testicle up here?" "Four that I know of." -- "It's not to scale."

I'm so excited about the romantic interest for Cam. She & the gyno are cute together. I really hope he doesn't turn out to be a psycho or something (I'm very untrusting of people. lol). I definitely was worried that it would be an issue for her to date Michelle's doc, but luckily Michelle solved that herself. I really enjoyed the Cam/Michelle interaction at the end. This could explain why Cam had a smaller part in the previous ep.

On a side note, I'll never understand what Brennan sees in Booth. He's such a great big turn-off for me. I know, you all think I'm a freak, but I honestly don't see it. Just not my type, I guess.

The "Hot Blooded" scene... I knew it was coming from the commercials, so not a big squealy surprise, but I still appreciate the continuity & reference back to the earlier ep. (However, to be fair, the person wasn't trying to kill Booth. They were trying to kill Brennan & he just took the bomb meant for her. :P) BTW, I kinda think that those two should never sing. It rocks that Bones can play the guitar, though. I really did love them rocking out in that scene.

There was more good continuity when Bones said she'd seen someone beaten to death with a guitar. I remembered her saying that another episode. (On a bit of a side note on art imitating life, I discovered that a man named Craig 'Bones' McGowan was actually beaten to death with his own guitar last December in the UK.)

Really? A guitar symbolizes copulation? Never heard of that. Weird.

The B&B stuff was much easier to take this time. I think because I didn't have to put up with their obnoxious others. It was much better just getting the mentions of Hacker & Catherine without having to actually deal with them personally.

Oh, I liked the references to Angela's dad, too.
word count: 413
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

carmen5731
Fan

Post by carmen5731 »

I loved everything in this episode. I never laughed so hard. I loved the way bones kept bringing up the marine bio. Can't wait to see where that ends up. Then of course there were the scenes for next week. Can we all hear the applause for Angela and Hodgins. All in all can't wait.
word count: 57
I can't relate to 99% of humanity- Seymore, Ghost World

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Loved it! I think the best episode of the last few.

@mosh426 (I think he's Hart's assistant or something) had twittered a picture of himself holding some prosthetic testicles awhile back and I have just waiting and waiting for them to appear in an episode! So cute how guys get all squeamish about testicle talk. Girls don't get like this do we? :P

Going back to that Hodgins contest they held a few weeks ago--I submitted "Mom in the Dryer" Basically, they find a body in a dryer that exploded and caught a house on fire. I was worried it might be a little too twisted--guess not!!

"Really? A guitar symbolizes copulation? Never heard of that. Weird."
Think of the shape and where it's held while playing. :music-rockout: They got really deep about it, but that's what I always thought!

Hot Blooded scene was great--I do agree that they can't sing but that added to its charm. And of course Bones can play the guitar right? She doesn't have a TV! BTW, Hart Hanson twittered a great pic of Emily being shown how to play the guitar.

Everything Akarana said about Cam. I LOVE her and I'm so happy she got some face time. She was just adorable in the scene with her and Michelle. My only quibble is the doctor--I mean he's nice and all, but just not what I was picturing for her. I don't know, maybe I was thinking he'd be more "Booth-like."

"That is so hot that you know that...interesting..." Yup.

Aristoo is almost as hot as TJ. Almost. They were great together in this one, but I would have liked to see them playing baseball at the end instead of Brennan and Booth again, but I guess they always have to have that scene.

And getting off topic but the preview for next weeks??!!
word count: 324
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

AngMT wrote:Aristoo is almost as hot as TJ.
What?!?! :o Sacrilege! LOL :P
word count: 12
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sit back folks, gonna be a long one!
OK, now can I even begin to say how much I liked this without boringly repeating what everyone else has said? There was so much going on but it all fitted together so snugly and was brilliantly paced. I love everything they’ve done musicwise. The performance segment of the S4 finale grabbed me even though I had my doubts about the rest of it, and I’ve always had an affection for B&B holding forth in song, be it in private, in karaoke or at a funeral. Mayhem On The Cross was great from that point of view, especially with the Gordon Gordon sideline. And this (despite, or maybe because of, given my weird sense of humour, the fact that it reminds me of Homer Simpson at a similar camp) certainly had me dancing round the computer. I mean, for goodness’ sake, Hodgins mentioning Queen, of whom I have every recording in existence? Wonderful. I thought there were some nice comments from the clearly entranced Booth too, expecting hedonism and not orderly queues (“They’re all in line…not even pushing! This is not my rock’n’roll fantasy!”)

One of the nicest things about this one was the ‘reward’ to the longstanding groupies such as I, the little nods to continuity. ‘Hot blooded’ (“our song”) seemed totally right – though why someone surrendered a guitar so readily to Brennan or why indeed they got onto the stage so easily, remains a puzzle to me. I also liked that there remains in my consciousness an echo of Brennan having said in the past she knew of someone who had been beaten with a guitar. Then there was the ‘social contract’. We are aware from long acquaintance of Booth’s habit of expressing himself through tie and socks, and it was interesting that it’s one of the first areas where Brennan reveals her anxiety about Catherine – she asks him why he’d want to wear “frolicking cetaceans” around his neck. The theme continues; she rationalises it, but there is some deep-seated feeling in her that this is Wrong. I particularly enjoyed the lady protesting too much a la Greta Garbo; “I prefer to be alone”. Meantime she continues to delight with throwaway lines such as:”You’ve known me for 2 years, Sweets; you should expect to be impressed by me” and “you have no expertise that would be useful to me”, though of course Dalton thinks otherwise! And although I did raise my eyebrows a little at her failure to recognise Kurt Cobain’s name, the groupers/groupies confusion seemed entirely right. It worked like the ‘kickster’ line of old. Then Angela tops it all by being so knowledgeable about guitars, thanks to her Dad – another great retrospective.

The case took somewhat of a back seat again after the initial shock of what had been done to the body and the vision of what resembled an exploded whale in the machine (“Too bad they didn’t do it on the delicates cycle”). It was good, however, to know a little of the character of the man involved and others’ attitudes towards him, so that when Sweets says bluntly that he prefers the killer to the victim we at least understand, though we are loath to agree. The actual solving of the case, step by step, was ingenious, but did involve some suspension of disbelief. Would one really recognise woolly mammoth bone instantly, or be able to construct an entire accurate virtual guitar from the marks it had made on someone? Would a silicon testicle be so easily recognisable and is a whole serial number, or even a partial one, going to be present on it?

Early on we learned that this ep was going to be focused on sex, but in a fairly lighthearted way. Guitars and baseball are both loosely linked to copulation and of course Cam’s worries about her daughter’s imminent initiation into womanhood surface once more. I won’t quote again the scene between the two that has already been reproduced, but the role-switch was hilarious and significant. Both actresses did a masterful job. Then there is Richard Cole’s crude fantasy of sleeping with every woman at the camp and Erik Dalton’s innuendo. We see Brennan’s bluntness up against Cam’s laconic ripostes (“It’s been quite a while for you.” “Thanks for pointing that out.”). Hodgins discovers a “condom – unused”.

And as for the testicle, I just have to give it a section of its own. Continual references to it might have been clumsy and offensive, but this was done with a lightness of touch that even made my husband giggle while he squirmed. Some of my favourite lines:

BOOTH: Just save the lady parts discussion for when I’m not here…
CAM: ..our victim was male.
BRENNAN: Would you rather us go back to talking about lady parts?

CAM: Any testicles up here?
HODGINS: Four that I know of.

BOOTH: Do you think we can go twenty minutes on this case without talking about testicles?

CAM: The missing testicle.
HODGINS: Oh god (I think you need to see TJ’s face to get the full effect here).

CAM: Does that prosthetic seem overly large to you?
ANGELA: It’s not to scale, Cam.
CAM: It’s been a while.

The Cam/Paul relationship looks promising, with both eager but shy and clearly experiencing major chemistry. Love their awkwardness and the initial misunderstanding. This one might run. Please can we work with some happy relationships for a bit, writers? And talking about relationships, baseball. Here is Jack bonding with Arastoo over a chiefly testosterone-fuelled obsession and talking in a ‘secret code’ with him. Only occasionally have we seen Hodgins ‘do’ male bonding, and yet it’s such an essential part of his character, which stands out clearly in eps such as ‘The Man With The Bone’. For those of us who like picking up the scraps of info we are given on Hodgins, we find he is a lapsed Episcopalian. Fairly predictable I guess, but I don’t recall its being referenced before. I am noticing that he’s far more laid back of late, happy in his own skin. Very little twanging of rubber. He made me smile with his “that wins the understatement award of the day” when Cam remarks on the state of the remains, and, later, the description of the victim as a “baseball playing rock climbing crash test dummy”. And of course he and Angela have now fallen back into a relaxed relationship, so much so that he catches himself out inappropriately using the word ‘hot’ to describe her (augurs well for the future, that). She gets some nice lines too, as when describing the mystery of baseball herself (“Boys like to hit balls with sticks when the snow melts”) - as does Sweets, displaying horror at what has been done (“that’s like whacking someone with the Mona Lisa”).

Great ep. Looking forward to next week. Well done to writer Karine Rosenthal, who incidentally has written some of my favourite eps including The Girl With The Curl, and edited a lot of them too..

word count: 1211

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

Overall, I thought this episode was below average. There were some great moments, like Hodgins reference to Four testicles on the platform and Arastoo's unexpected snicker. And I loved Hodgins laugh/snicker at Cam's comment about the guy with one gonad really having balls. Hodgins often gets a kick out of Cam, whether it's things she says (like .. "secondly, Santa is magical," in The Santa in the Slush) or the way she sometimes postures as "boss." I honestly hadn't noticed that too much before someone here (sorry, I don't remember who) said something about how she could see Hodgins and Cam getting together. Prior to that, I hadn't paid attention, but since then I have and they do have some very cute moments.

As for the rock and roll Booth thing .. gosh, that stuff just makes me cringe. The comments are cute enough, like the funny one about the orderly queue. But when Booth starts playing air guitar and putting his tie around his head, I just cringe, it looks so stupid. And he and Brennan singing together .. ugh. She wouldn't even know the words to that song, in truth.

I did love Brennen's remark to Sweets that he shouldn't be surprised by her at this point, and I loved Sweets excitement about the musicians. Also, the whole, "it's not to scale," thing and Hodgins accidentally mentioning Anglea's knowledge of something was 'hot,' and then quickly correcting/pc-ing himself.

Cam and Michelle's role reversal was adorable and well done. I am excited for Cam to have a love interest, though this one doesn't exactly excite me. Perhaps in time. I wonder about whomever it is that makes the decisons on these sorts of things .. I don't think they're very good at chemistry. I've seen very little to speak of between Booth and Bones (sooo glad he's seeing Catherine ..) over the years, none between Brennan and Andrew, and now virtually nothing with Cam and Dr. Gyn. The only really exciting couple for me has been Angela and Hodgins .. and what a relief they are finally about to fix that mess!! (Now if they'd only resolve the Zach isn't really a killer - issue.) Grrr. Even Sweets and Daisy have more chemistry than Booth and Brennan. Though, I have to admit, I LOVE that she is showing signs of jealousy, lol. So cute and so atypical for her. It's refreshing when she is actually shown to have real, human emotions.

Really looking forward to Hodgins and Angela next week!! Getting arrested, lol!!!
word count: 440
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

boo wrote: I honestly hadn't noticed that too much before someone here (sorry, I don't remember who) said something about how she could see Hodgins and Cam getting together. Prior to that, I hadn't paid attention, but since then I have and they do have some very cute moments.

So proud... so proud :D

boo wrote:
I am excited for Cam to have a love interest, though this one doesn't exactly excite me.
I had actually expected worse when I heard who they had cast for the role. I think they were cute together, but i agree that they don't necessarily set the screen on fire with chemistry.
I love it that Cam has a love interest now, but if I would have had a say in it, it would have been a bossy guy, a less shy one, one who can stop her from bossing him around. I actually would have liked the Mr. White guy... as a type, not necessarily him. It's hard to explain, but I would like a "George Clooney" more for her than a "Hugh Grant" if you know what I mean. Rather a Daniel Craig than a Colin Firth.... and so on ;)
word count: 203

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Honest truth, I think there are untapped depths to his persona and I think he'll turn out to be her equal. Dunno why. Just feel there's more to him than the Shy Guy. Hope my instinct's right - I'm feeling positive today!
word count: 45

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

ThyneAlone wrote:Honest truth, I think there are untapped depths to his persona and I think he'll turn out to be her equal. Dunno why. Just feel there's more to him than the Shy Guy. Hope my instinct's right - I'm feeling positive today!

I really hope you're right! I think Cam needs someone who can put his foot down before she devours him before breakfast and then spits him out again. She's a "shots and Poker" gal from New York, after all... from the "get robbed in broad daylight tradition" ;) And she has a lot of family... (which we have yet to meet).
word count: 109

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

boo wrote: As for the rock and roll Booth thing .. gosh, that stuff just makes me cringe. The comments are cute enough, like the funny one about the orderly queue. But when Booth starts playing air guitar and putting his tie around his head, I just cringe, it looks so stupid. And he and Brennan singing together .. ugh. She wouldn't even know the words to that song, in truth.
I agree that Booth seemed a bit foolish. It was during those bits that I was painfully reminded of why I do not find him at all attractive. :P

As for Brennan, though, of course she knows "Hot Blooded!" They sang & danced to that song together at her apartment. :music-rockon: She probably secretly broke that album out once in a while just to reminisce. LOL.

boo wrote:I don't think they're very good at chemistry. I've seen very little to speak of between Booth and Bones (sooo glad he's seeing Catherine ..) over the years, none between Brennan and Andrew, and now virtually nothing with Cam and Dr. Gyn.
I'd have to agree about Bones & Hacker, but no spark between Booth & Bones?!?! Really?! lol. I can't even comprehend that. It's like someone saying the sky is green & the grass is red. lol. Apparently, we have very different eyes. :D
word count: 222

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

Akarana wrote:
boo wrote: I honestly hadn't noticed that too much before someone here (sorry, I don't remember who) said something about how she could see Hodgins and Cam getting together. Prior to that, I hadn't paid attention, but since then I have and they do have some very cute moments.

So proud... so proud :D

Haha, sorry i didn't know it was you. I'm glad you posted.
ThyneAlone wrote:Honest truth, I think there are untapped depths to his persona and I think he'll turn out to be her equal. Dunno why. Just feel there's more to him than the Shy Guy. Hope my instinct's right - I'm feeling positive today!
Yes, I'm hopeful, too. Cam was really cute in that episode. When she first came to the show she was so hard and such a tight ass (excuse my french, lol) but over time I've really grown to like her and I would love to see her happily involved. This guy may turn out to be great, I hope so. They didn't exactly light the screen on fire, but it's early days yet and we know Cam has hidden depths, so here's hoping he comes alive and really rocks her world.
jade.stormcloud wrote:
I'd have to agree about Bones & Hacker, but no spark between Booth & Bones?!?! Really?! lol. I can't even comprehend that. It's like someone saying the sky is green & the grass is red. lol. Apparently, we have very different eyes. :D
No, it's not that I've seen none, it's just that I've seen very little. To me, it doesn't really make sense why they would be attracted to each other. She is sooo miss rational empiricist scientist and he's all mister gut, believes in God, etc. They have had some really cute moments, like when Caroline made Bones kiss him under mistletoe and Brennan was explaining to him what she was up to and he jumped away from her, almost in fright. Lol. That was really cute. And there have been a couple of others. I just don't see them really steaming things up the way Hart and company like to imply. I think they could steam things up, if the scripts were written that way, but they are always just a hairs breadth from actually following through .. and I guess that's part of it. It just leaves me feeling empty. No matter, Hodgins and Angela are enough for me!!
word count: 427
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

I'm coming in a bit late on this one but better late than never. Been recovering from watching myself on TV I seriously didn't shut up for the whole one hour programme, I didn't realise how loud I'd been omg! Alex's words were 'you're a gobby mare' which basically translates as 'do you ever shut up'. I didn't realise quite how much I use my hands to talk either, very surreal experience! Well back to 'Bones'; some of this might have already been said but anyhoo...

Firstly DB absolutely cannot sing a note (well he can but they are all the wrong ones) and I really do not care one iota. I know what others have said but I love it when Booth rocks out, tie round the head and all its just such a laddish thing to do and is very, very DB (I reckon Booth is basically an AU DB or vice versa!) not everyone's type I know but most definitely mine! Rock and roll isn't necessarily about being able to sing or play anyway its about the energy, the power and the total raw pleasure of it all. I loved the real life Zeppelin reference as well, I remember DB talking about being given tickets for the gig (I think by Sky) on the Paul O'Grady show, he was like a kid in a candy store.

Secondly each to their own but I cannot see how anyone could think that B&B don't have chemistry omg they so melt the screen (I know David and Emily work on it so hard, on none studio days too and I reckon the end product is great).

Anyway back to the epi, I knew weeks ago that I was gonna love this one 'cos it had the best epi title EVER just hysterical. I too loved the ongoing testicle gag really schoolboy humour but soooo funny.

I also loved the Michelle, Cam interaction, Tamara Taylor can do no wrong as far as Im concerned and its about time she had more focus on her. I actually like the new love interest (he's not really my usual type but I think he's cute). I don't reckon he's shy though, if he was really shy he wouldn't have just come out with the fancy going out line it would have taken longer and he would have found some excuse to just bump into her I reckon. Plus look what his job is I don't reckon he's gonna be shy with women. I think that early days in a relationship virtually everyone is a bit awkward.

I like that Hodgins and Arastoo are bonding and all the baseball refs (what the rock 'n' roll aspect as well it was all very boys never grow up just get bigger). I too think Pej Vahdat is very easy on the eye and he's in the good books as he actually tweeted me back when I congratulated him for showing someone of the muslim religion in a good light as opposed to some of the propoganda that's about these days.

Anyway suffice to say I loved this epi, rockin, fun, boys being boys, more Tamara and testicles what more could you ask for!!!

Oh and one more thing I love that Brennan is so jealous (my god exactly how many times did she mention Catherine). I feel kinda sorry for her 'cos she can see someone else with something she wants and could have if she could just take that step.

Anyway that's all for now.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 618

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Jude40 wrote: Plus look what his job is I don't reckon he's gonna be shy with women.
I'm just wondering, do you think that'll be awkward at some point. I mean, I've never dated a gyno, but it seems like at some point it'd really occur to you that he spends his days, well, basically getting to third base with a lot of different women. Is it just me, or does that seem like it'd be weird to think about? What kind of crazy worries could that engender? I mean, would he be comparing you to all the others he'd seen? Does he ever get turned on while examining people? Or has it all perhaps become so mundane that he has trouble getting turned on at all? I wonder if Cam will ever get weirded out by some aspect of his job. I suppose that could be an interesting hiccup in their relationship. (Do you think he'll be automatically checking her for medical issues while he's down there?)

I may possibly have gone a bit inappropriate with this. :shifty: Sorry.
Last edited by jade.stormcloud on Sun May 02, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 189

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Jade, I really don't know how she'd feel. Personally I think it would be kinda weird being with someone who knew so many women so intimitely especially the young good looking ones. One other thought though and I'm gonna be a bit vague 'cos I don't wanna be innappropriate but maybe he would know what he was doing more than a lot of men, like you Jade don't have personal experience of a gyno so just a thought.

I do love the question by the way hadn't thought about that aspect lol!

Jude x
word count: 100

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

jade.stormcloud wrote:
Jude40 wrote: Plus look what his job is I don't reckon he's gonna be shy with women.
I'm just wondering, do you think that'll be awkward at some point. I mean, I've never dated a gyno, but it seems like at some point it'd really occur to you that he spends his days, well, basically getting to third base with a lot of different women. Is it just me, or does that seem like it'd be weird to think about? What kind of crazy worries could that engender? I mean, would he be comparing you to all the others he'd seen? Does he ever get turned on while examining people? Or has it all perhaps become so mundane that he has trouble getting turned on at all? I wonder if Cam will ever get weirded out by some aspect of his job. I suppose that could be an interesting hiccup in their relationship. (Do you think he'll be automatically checking her for medical issues while he's down there?)

I may possibly have gone a bit inappropriate with this. :shifty: Sorry.
Oh my god, I'm laughing so hard, because I wondered about that second part as well for like a second, but then dismissed it as inappropriate. :lol:

A friend of mine ( a male) is studying to be a gyno. and he is doing his practical year now. What he said (once upon a blue moon, I didn't ask him for this) is that we forget that most women he sees aren't hot 20 year olds... or hot at all, no matter what age. So he says that most of the time he would rather NOT see certain parts of them from a male perspective. As a doctor he has to of course...

And Cam... I think if there's someone who won't get weirded out by his profession it's probably her. Her "patients" are naked and dead and if you think about what they have to catalog and analyze during a standard autopsy I think she's hardly impressed by what he does. Just take the prosthetic this week. Even Hodgins was creeped out by finding it and when is he ever creeped out by anything? he even analyzed bedsheets with glee...
word count: 388

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

I- am not sure about this episode, I giggled the whole time, but also felt like it was one long embarrassing moment too so really I don't know if it was good or bad.

I liked the jokes Hodgins made, but I (and my guy) didn't understand why they were all so extremely squeamish about testicles, seemed a bit overly hammed up (although some of the stuff bones mentioned did make me cringe a little just not...that much lol). I secretly wish Bones had nitpicked Booth on the Gynecologist thing, since one need not have ever been sexually active to have good reason to see the lady doctor. But I guess that would have messed up the flow of the scene.

Gynecologists are probably like what one of my dentists said, they could tell horror stories of the things they have seen. I can understand most people would be weirded out by it though, but I have trouble imagining Cam would despite all her cute quirks and occasional insecurities...Basically, what Akarana said both about Cam and Gynos! (ehehehe)
word count: 182

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

LOL you're doing great keeping it clean and relevant, guys!

I think I agree with Jessi here. Both of them have to handle bodies all the time, that seems to be an area where they have bonded a bit...I also think that a gyno would instinctively keep work and leisure separate. As most of us do if we are going to stay sane. I don't think I'd've had a problem with it. I quite like that dark sense of humour most medics seem to have.

Lorenith, you're back! Creeping in like you think we wouldn't notice. Welcome.
word count: 104

JennyLea
Fan

Post by JennyLea »

I really only have one comment to add. I like this episode but I was really surprised by how off key Bones was during the hot blooded part. I expected it from Booth but from Episode 3.12 "Wannabe in the Weeds", we already know that Bones can sing way better than that. It was just a bit strange.

Jenny
word count: 60