The Jack And Angela Relationship

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Akarana
Super Fan

Re: The Jack And Angela Relationship

Post by Akarana »

I agree, Sharon, on the partner swap thing and that's basically my only problem with the Hodgins/Cam pairing.
Then again I'd love to see Cam in a real relationship, not just those flings like she had with Booth. And I am against brining a love interest from the outside in for a reason I can't explain. Maybe it's just the fact that I think the characters that come in for the reason to be love interests only are always kind of flat.

And then of course there's the fact that I'd like to see Hodgins happy. Happy in a way that you as audience can watch it without thinking "Oh no, she'll break his heart again...Oooh there she goes".

So I agree whole heartedly with you on the partner swap thing but at the same time I'd just love to see them together.
word count: 153
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I do agree with you about characters brought in as a love interest are flat usually. Sometimes they are not but then, I'd really rather they not bring in MORE characters to just take more screen time away from the squints anyway. They already get the short end of the stick since Sweets came (in my opinion). And I definitely do see the chemistry between Hodgins and Cam so it is never a shock to hear people want them to get together. I just am not one of them.

But then I keep holding on to the hope that they'll make Angela wake up and then have to chase JACK for a while, rather than him being the puppy dog around Angela's heels because I do want them together but I want it to be on equal terms not on Angela's terms. Probably my true, number one resistance to the Jack/Cam thing. ;)
word count: 157
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

skftex wrote:But then I keep holding on to the hope that they'll make Angela wake up and then have to chase JACK for a while, rather than him being the puppy dog around Angela's heels because I do want them together but I want it to be on equal terms not on Angela's terms. Probably my true, number one resistance to the Jack/Cam thing. ;)
I think we got to see a glimpse of that in the scene where -- after Roxie breaks up with Angela -- Hodgins and Angela are in bed together. At first I thought oh nooooo, Hodgins, just... nooooo, don't let her use you like that (even though on some level I could see him just wanting to be with her again, that's valid). But I loved how he kind of called her on some of her behaviors. How she told him why Roxy broke up with her, how she thinks Angela doesn't consider the future, only the moment, and Hodgins got a look on his face like "Welllll, it's true about you, sweetheart." Heh.

Plus, she asked him point blank, "What's wrong with living in the moment?" and he said kindly but firmly, "Nothing. But... it's nice every once in a while to think about the future." He was right to say that. He was honest with her about that, and it was definitely something she needed to hear.

Likewise, he set her straight when she said, "So this... right now... this isn't 'together'?" He shook his head and said, "It was a moment. A great moment, but like all great moments... it passed." (Great line, by the way.)

I really do think that even though it's heartbreaking, it's the kind of tough love he needs to give Angela right now. Even though deep down he's still in love with her (hence the earring he kept for himself), he needs to set those boundaries with her. I think it's so important to the evolution of their relationship. I hope we see more scenes like that between them before they reconnect (or as they reconnect). If they're meant to get back together, then I hope it's because Angela starts to figure things out and she ends up having to chase Jack for a little while. He deserves that, after all the work he put into that relationship, after all those marriage proposals, after all the love and patience he gave to her. I want to see them get back together on equal, loving terms. I hope Hart considers that when writing them this season.
word count: 443
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, I reckon that's something TJ would like too (see his answer to some of your questions on the main site, Sherry!)! :D
word count: 23
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I saw that last night, Steph. Our good web gal Sharon was kind enough to send me a PM about it. His answers to my questions -- about Jack & Angela, as well as all the other bits and pieces -- were fantastic.

I was telling Sharon, it's the kind of conversation I would love to have with him; you know, take him out to lunch and just discuss characters and story ideas and character development, just really delve into that. I think it would be so much fun, and very thought-provoking. He seems to have an enthusiasm for that kind of detail, and I sure do, too! Anyway, I adored reading that. As I mentioned to Sharon in my response to her message, please thank him for me, next time you have a conversation with him, won't you? :D
word count: 139
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

brooke34
Fan

Post by brooke34 »

Ooh, Sherry got her questions answered! Lucky! :mrgreen:

It's interesting reading all these different viewpoints about the J/A thing. I know there are plenty of people who are really invested in them as a couple. Y'all are definitely much more forgiving than me, that's for sure. Whether that makes me a cautious, tiptoeing type, or a bitter old woman with no faith in the redemptive powers of love, etc., I have no idea. :lol:

However it works out, I have absolutely no interest in seeing Jack get kicked in the teeth for another two years running, I'll say that much. I watched the unaired version of "Player Under Pressure" today, the one on the third season DVDs, and after the rejected proposal, when he asked her wearily, "Why does it have to be so damn hard?" I was yelling at my TV, "Yes, Angela! Why, indeed?"

I agree with you, Steph. That is definitely a cry for help!

Hillarie
word count: 162

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well I don't know about forgiving, though sometimes that has to be done. But honestly for me it is what Jack wants so it is what I want for Jack. That is the bottom line for me anyway!

Sherry, yes I agree that was definitely a step forward for Jack to tell Angela that was a moment and it passed...I cheered for that! Because it is a good sign! :D

Sharon
word count: 72
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

brooke34 wrote:Ooh, Sherry got her questions answered! Lucky! :mrgreen:
*smirks and tries not to giggle pathetically* :D TJ has been very kind to answer some of my questions. He's a very thorough responder, and I think we all appreciate that about him.

Have you visited the "All you ever wanted..." thread? (Found under the "Talk TJ" section.) You can post questions for him there, and eventually (we hope) he will get to them all. It'll take him a while though; he's been asked quite a few questions. Still, you never know what he'll be in the mood to answer when he has a moment, so go for it and ask a question!

brooke34 wrote:It's interesting reading all these different viewpoints about the J/A thing. I know there are plenty of people who are really invested in them as a couple. Y'all are definitely much more forgiving than me, that's for sure. Whether that makes me a cautious, tiptoeing type, or a bitter old woman with no faith in the redemptive powers of love, etc., I have no idea.
HAHAHAHA

Oh, Hillarie. *hugs you* :mrgreen:

I can understand feeling cautious and cynical, especially given the way the Jack/Angela relationship has gone so far. It started out so wonderfully, and then crumbled all to hell. And some of it, irritatingly, nonsensically so. Who knows if Jack can trust Angela? She's a sweet woman, so talented and fun, but she may not be emotionally ready for a committed relationship. And if they write it that he goes back to her as if none of that crappy stuff ever happened, I will be pissed off. Even though he loves her and wants to be with her, there comes a point when Jack has to say 'enough!' I hope the writers give these two characters the proper attention they deserve, in approaching their relationship this upcoming season.

P.S. I never did get to see the unaired version of "Player Under Pressure." Always wanted to see those Jack/Angela scenes. It seemed like they should have found a way to keep those or air them back in Season 3 where they belonged. I wish they had.
word count: 370

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

When watching S3 DVDs I tend to go for the unaired version all the time. Yes, I know it doesn't make as much sense, as it was supposed to be shown earlier, but it's so lovely. Think I've watched the one that was actually aired..ermm..once?
word count: 50

queenofthelab
Fan

Post by queenofthelab »

I do that too! I've only seen the aired episode.. once, maybe twice whereas the original ones I've seen five or six.
word count: 24

jusbcuzz
Fan

What's up with Hodgela?

Post by jusbcuzz »

As much as I dislike the term Hodgela, this is pretty cool. Kind of a choose your own adventure with the story. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi-SkqzkbTw
word count: 30

boo
Fan

Re: What's up with Hodgela?

Post by boo »

Haha ... I love it when he rubs his hands and says, "There maayyy be some more storage room coming up." :lol: w00t :dance:
word count: 21
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I hope there are more storage room adventures in the offing. :mrgreen: I'd love to see B&B hit the storage room at some point, too... & maybe Cam & her guy... & Clark & his girlfriend (he needs to let his hair down a little). LOL Of course, at this rate, H&A would run off to the storage room only to find a queue. :D
word count: 62
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I notice you don't mention Daisy and Sweets; that would be because they just indulge themselves indiscriminately everywhere without needing a particular room? ;)
word count: 24

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

jade.stormcloud wrote:I hope there are more storage room adventures in the offing.
Heehee .. TJ shirtless. :shifty:
word count: 17
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

ThyneAlone wrote:I notice you don't mention Daisy and Sweets; that would be because they just indulge themselves indiscriminately everywhere without needing a particular room? ;)
I think it has more to do with the fact that I'd just prefer not to think about those two "indulging themselves." lol

And bad boo! I would certainly never think such impure thoughts :angelic-halo: & ignore any of my postings that say otherwise. :happy-smileygiantred:
word count: 69
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

jade.stormcloud wrote:
ThyneAlone wrote:I notice you don't mention Daisy and Sweets; that would be because they just indulge themselves indiscriminately everywhere without needing a particular room? ;)
I think it has more to do with the fact that I'd just prefer not to think about those two "indulging themselves." lol

LOL!
(sorry, very brief comment; but..heehee) :clap:
word count: 60