Bones 5.21 The Boy with the Answer

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Akarana
Super Fan

Bones 5.21 The Boy with the Answer

Post by Akarana »

This time I'm going to base my review on my own tweets concerning the epi, so it's chronological and not divided into topics...

When the epi started my first tweet was "Is it bad that when I see Hodgins like that I can only think how much fun TJ must have had shooting the scene...". I mean seriously, blood and pain and yelling and a nightmare scenario and fog and being pulled away... somehow I think that equals fun for the actor, especially because usually we don't get "horror movie scenes" with Hodgins as the lead.
However the drowning scene freaked me out because I nkow how it is when you can't breathe (for another reason).

Ok, next tweet was also Hodgins related, when we saw the news thingy about the case. "Scientist Jack Hodgins? The press sure didn't do their research right". I just found it odd that although he's a billionaire they only present him as "scientist". Of course he is one, but wouldn't the press be really excited that the sole heir of the Catilever group got kidnapped and no one knew? My best guess is that hodgins has an armada of lawyers who threaten everyone who would reveal his identity. If that's even possible...

Caroline and Booth, those scenes were fun! ""I'm cute I can always find a job" and "How is your girlfriend holding up?!". She's such a BB shipper!

Then Hodgins being all scared and so on. And why didn Angela say before "He says he still has nightmares"?! Shouldn't she know because she#s lying next to him every night now that they're married?! Anyway, my point: I was hoping for a hug much earlier in this scene when he comes and seeks her out. One look at him and one knew what was going on and still he has to spill everything.... Also interesting that he wants to wait to make their marriage official after the case is closed. There was once a character who could only deal with one thing at a time or else he would be completely overwhelmed. And when he had to deal with several things he created a huge mess... Who was that?.... Ah, right, Luke Danes on Gilmore Girls. I know this pattern is familiar. Just hope Hodgins won't screw up that badly and Angela won't react the way Lorelai did... But back to Bones.

"poor kid" was next, when they found the boy. I didn't know then that he was conscious when she locked him in. I don't know what#s more horrible: To wake up and be burried or to struggle and be burried anyway... Seems like she came up with that stun gun thing afterwards.

"Oooh, Max knows something. Maybe he should share".. Ok, I was wrong on that one. i thought maybe he had used his connections again to get some inside info from prison, but turns out he only wanted to end this and take revenge for his daughter.

"WOW what a dress! Cam looks AMAZING. Way to go Tamara Taylor!" I think my reaction shows clearly that I did not see this scene coming. Nor the dress. Cam in light green is new and I love it! I think that is one of my favorite outfits of her, if not THE favorite. And I don't even like green usually.
"Oh cam... she breaks my heart" followed and again I have to point out how much I love Cam. And Tamara Taylor rocks those emotional scenes. they are rare, because Cam is usally all "kick-ass" and "bossy", but when she gets emotional she always breaks my heart and manages to make me cry- and in movies or TV series that's hard to do. (Give me a real life docu about anythng remotely sad and I'm bawling my eyes out). i'm so happy that she seems to get more of these scenes and that they included this one, because it shows that Cam is not nearly as unaffected as she pretends to be. if you take all her scens from this epi and delete this one you can barely make out that she cares- same goes for most of the other cases. But then they give us this scene and she#s so vulnerable and sad and doubting herself... I really adore Tamara Taylor. SO talented!

"Oh god, what is Max up to". Max as a sniper. And Booth stopping him. I admit I saw it coming that Booth would stop him once he pulled out the rifle. I had to laugh when they were hitting each other again. If BB ever get together Max sure has great stories for the grandkids.. "The times your father beat me into a pulp and the times I took revenge".

Then came the case again and Angela and Hodgins announcing their marriage. The conviction....the funny scenes at the bar. Anyone notices that Cam seems to have her handbag full with the paper stuff and has way too much fun throwing it? She barely stops ^^

And the last scene "oh my god the end... I fear I know what's coming". think we know that scene... oh yeah we do. The flashback epi when brennan drove away from Booth after their first kiss: Same scene only a bit happier. But then afterwards they fought and spend a year apart. judging by that scene and by what Brennan said before I'd say that they are going to stop working together next episode, because she needs some time. that's my guess for a cliffhanger for the end of the season. Then again I could be really wrong.

Great episode, the gravedigger gave me chills, Hodgins was adorable and made me want to give him a hug, Brennan seemed to fall back into old schemes, Max as well, Booth seems helpless, Angela is being her usual self, Caroline was hilarious as ever and Cam was just... I bow to TT for the scene in Sweets office.
word count: 1021
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: 5x21 The boy with the answer

Post by hanneDK »

First of all I need to get this out of my system (might repeat myself again, so now you're warned) WHAT A B****!

I'm still trying to gather my thoughts on this week epi and for some reasons I can't put a sentence together that would make sense but I will try, though.. :-)

The days up to the epi I was excited (in a worried way).. had mixed thoughts on what would happen with the trial but also with the Hodgela marriage, on how they would break the news.. :think:

To say the least it blew my mind from the first second with Bones' dream - it scared me. Hated to see Hodgins in the state he was in all bloody and then dragged away..
Akarana wrote: When the epi started my first tweet was "Is it bad that when I see Hodgins like that I can only think how much fun TJ must have had shooting the scene...". I mean seriously, blood and pain and yelling and a nightmare scenario and fog and being pulled away... somehow I think that equals fun for the actor, especially because usually we don't get "horror movie scenes" with Hodgins as the lead.
Couldn't have said it better.. wonder how TJ prepared for that?? :think:

As for the trial - hated every minute of it... again.. what a B****, don't say I didn't warn you. How she dissected every evidence they had - with fair reason, her logic to destroy them..

It was great to see Caroline again - love her humour.. her line when Hodgins was on the stand: "for us who doesn't speak bug! :lol: all thought the case was serious I couldn't help laughing at that line..

When the verdict came, I had tears in my eyes - don't really know why..
Taffets' last word to Bones "it ain't over" sent chills down my spine - I got a bad feeling about it, my worst nightmare and for others would be that she somehow got out (Maybe not in the same way like in the Epps epi).

As for Brennan I'm also scared of a major cliffhanger to end this season with - is she considering stopping - with doing her job or just with her partnership with Booth.. because she is tired of murderes..

Don't know what else to say right now.. Feel like I have covered everything I wanted to say..
But I will end my thoughts with this: hate the thought that next week will be the season ender.. Feels it was like yesterday we started with The harbinger in the fountain.. Have already begun to miss Bones.. :cry: :cry:
word count: 443

Moonstar28
Fan

Post by Moonstar28 »

Okay, I have just watched this episode and am trying to process it through my head...

Inital reaction; the opening omg, it was such a surprise and had a nice impact showing Brennen scared and vunerable, showing us at the same time how much she cared for the people and worried that she could not help them.

Dr. Saroyan in that dress in Sweet's office, very nice!

The Grave Digger, what a *****! If I was there I am not sure I would have been able to keep my anger under control and would have punched her, Max had the right idea but am glad that Booth stopped him...

The ending, with Brennen going away from Booth in the taxi, it left me full of doubts and wonder for the next episode, as she looked back at Booth it made me think that she was taking one last look at him before doing something...

And how Hodgins announced their wedding, it at least gave them all something to be happy about just before the verdict came.

All-in-all, for me it was a nice episode very dramatic and also leaves a lot to be tied up in the next episode, especially with the comments Brennen was making.

Fav Quote:
Booth: (checking through the box from Caroline) Alright, thanks. You okay?
Caroline: You mean because this case is a career killer, I'm cute I can always find a job.

Not really any 'funny/quirky' quotes in this eppie that we have seen previously in Bones, this is a very serious episode and so it should be, everything was hanging on the line/closure for a lot of people on this one.
word count: 282

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

This wasn't my fave epi but it was good.

First the maybe not so good, I thought the opening sequence was hysterical and I'm guessing that's not the reaction they were hoping to elicit, I just didn't find it scary at all even the bit with Brennan being buried alive (and believe me that prospect freaks me out more than anything). I half expected Robert Englund to be back but this time in his Freddie guise it was very teenage slasher flick.

I am not normally one to be niggled by continuity stuff but the whole which of Booths shoulders was Brennan's head on did seem like something someone should surely have noticed and corrected.

I think maybe I got a bit confused over the number thing, bear in mind I have only watched this once, but did they get the number from a call she made whilst in custody? I think I may have got that wrong 'cos I was struggling with how she managed to dial a number which matched the GPS co-ordinates of a burial site that she used years previously and I didn't get how they automatically discovered it was GPS co-ordinates (I was just generally confused).

The other thing I have never really got with Heather Taffett is how she managed to do all the stuff she did, I mean she's 5' 4'' and medium build yet she dragged people into containers and then dumped the containers, not to mention a whole car which she buried (with a shovel I presume!) and she dragged Booth out of the window of his apartment and also onto a ship. Much as I would love to try and drag Booth/DB anywhere that so would not be possible and I'm the same height.

I thought the character of Taffett was a little less charicature in this one but she's still no Howard Epps (now he was scary).

I did love Patricia Belcher as usual, she is just brilliant and I love every scene that she is in. Like others I loved Tamara showing Cam feeling vulnarable, that was a cool scene.

I'm still not really getting the Hodgins/Angela marriage it just feels really sudden and a bit out of place I wanted them to get together again but just a little more preamble would have good.

I'm also starting to get irritated by the Brennan and Booth situation again, all the looks and the fact that she is backing off as she's finding it hard to care, its just getting on my nerves now. I kinda wish that they would just be with other people socially and stick with the banter work wise. I'd still kinda like them to be together but I'm thinking that when that happens my reaction is gonna be 'so what' which is kinda how I feel about the Hodgins/Angela thing at the mo.

All in all I didn't hate the epi but it didn't blow me away and I'm not that hopeful for next week either (although I hope Im wrong).

During the break I'm gonna start watching an epi a day from the start, see some of the real classics.

Anyway lets hope that next week is better than I'm thinking it will be.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 572

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

OK, I loved this episode. One of the most emotional epis I've seen in a long while. It truely showed the actors abilities. I loved the opening scene, excellent intro to the episode. The court case I thought was well done and though I kept calling Taffet the same thing as a few others on here...(LOL)...she had amazing arguments and brilliant deductions in her defense. Sad thing is a lot of true life cases go like that, but the killer walks. So even though it burned my butt to hear her defenses, I wouldn't have expected anything less. I thought it was very realistic. (I'm a big true crime person. Used to watch a lot of ID channel and read a lot of true crime cases.)

I loved the power of TJ's scenes. I can only imagine what a vic in a case like that would feel like and he played it well. I also like the choice he had to make. The feeling of wanting justice for one's self, opposed to the overall outcome. Great conflict.

I was scared that the verdict was going to be not guilty. From a writer's stand point it would have left a lot of opportunities open for later. Very glad that it was guilty however.

And Max...oh Max...what a parent won't do for their child. I love him, but I am sooo glad Booth stopped him. (Now had she been found not guilty, then I would have applauded the vigilanty justice...lol)

Overall I loved the episode, the only part I wasn't fond of was in fact how and why Hodgins revealed the marriage. I thought that was a little overplayed. (Not overplayed in the acting...overplayed in the writing.)

I can't wait for next week...but I am very very scared where they are going to take it.
word count: 319

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Just a quick note to address Jude's question. The phone number was what she called with her "one phone call" when she was arrested. I don't know how they apparently linked it up with GPS coordinates associated with the boy, because if they'd already had those coordinates, they'd have already found him. I was a bit confused by that. Have to watch again.

I loved this episode. Just incredible. I broke up my thoughts this week into different topics.

Taffett - I really hate Taffett. I didn't call her any unprintable words, but rather just kept thinking "I hate her." I want her dead & gone. Not going to happen, I know. She'll be back. She's apparently the new Epps. Maybe she'll fall off a balcony, too. I just hope she doesn't actually succeed in offing anyone next time she shows up. Epps almost did.

The trial - I knew something like that was going to happen with the evidence. They really didn't do things by the book last time & I was sure it was going to bite them in the butt. I think it's interesting that Taffett brought up Angela's credentials. A lot of people have wondered about her amazing computer skills. At least now we know that Ange has a Minor in Computer Science. So, she's basically just a self-taught wiz at all this stuff. She doesn't have all the degrees that people think are necessary, but she's still got the skills.The DNA from a dust mite was the coolest thing. That was proably the most interesting bit of science I've seen in a while. I so thought she was going to get away with it. I was almost shocked, but hugely relieved, that the verdict was "Guilty." One thing I wondered about -- why wasn't she being tried for all the other kidnappings, like the twins that they found in "Aliens."

Our people - This was the main draw of this episode to me. I was enormously moved by the emotional content of this one. The opening was incredibly intense to me. I was immediately sucked in. How often do we really get to see Brennan's subconscious like that. The fear, the frustration, the helplessness. Just incredible opening, I thought.

Then, throughout the ep we got to witness how this was affecting people. I began to tear up, both when Jack was stressing to Angela & when Cam was talking to Sweets. I just wanted to reach out & hug Jack, it reminded me so much of the end of "Aliens," when he was talking about how he was afraid to go to sleep & he had that catch in his voice. Then, when Cam was talking about how she felt powerless, I knew exactly what she meant. "These are my people she hurt, my friends..." That's exactly how I feel, & why I hate characters like Taffett & Epps that come in & cause so much pain.

I was frustrated at first with Brennan pretending to be fine, but I understood her fears that connecting with people has clouded her objectivity. What she was really saying was, "if you never touch, you never hurt." She's so terrified, & I'm actually impressed with how open she became during this episode - during the trial, & then when talking to Booth. She's feeling lost & scared & overwhelmed & burnt out. It was actually amazing to watch. I was really loving Brennan in this one. I haven't been able to empathize this much with her in a long time. (As an aside, there was an error when Brennan hugs Booth. From one angle, she's on the right. From another, she's on the left.)

I liked Max's protectiveness. I knew he was going to do something like that, but I'm glad he's apparently not going to have to go back to jail for a long time. "I don't want you to kill people for me. Just buy me a sweater like a regular dad." That was a great line.

I enjoyed the marriage announcement. It was a nice bit of joy in a tense moment. What was up with Brennan's toast, though?!

The ending - She's thinking of leaving the crime-fighting behind. It would be the end of their partnership, that part of her life she was so desperate to hold onto just after she turned down Booth. It's like she's denying herself everything now, thinking of giving up everything important to her, Booth, her career, her friends, to try to avoid the pain. It's heartbreaking, really. When he called for the cab, I knew we were going to get a little deja vu moment to link back to the 100th, but what does that mean exactly? Another ending for them? Another year, or more, apart? Or does it signal that there is a new chance? A new moment, with perhaps a new result? I'm not sure how to feel right now. I just can't anticipate what will happen next, & what it might mean. Where will it go?
Last edited by jade.stormcloud on Fri May 14, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 860
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

One thing I wondered about -- why wasn't she being tried for all the other kidnappings, like the twins that they found in "Aliens."
Ms Julian did say something about 7 counts when talking about dropping the charges, so I imagine they were trying her for that initially along with Booth/Hodgins/Brennan's cases. I guess it had to be thrown out too? Maybe because the kids in "Aliens" coincided Hodgins/Brennan being kidnapped and there was too much conflict of interest?

I have things I should be doing, but I stared at these for way to long trying to figure this out. The only other numbers I got from the boy's case was that he was abducted on 6/23, so I imagine the phone number was like 801-378-0130 or something and the computer found things with similar patterns. If someone has an answer please enlighten me! There are a zillion GPS coordinates that could have 801 in them, but maybe Ang narrowed it down based on how far the Gravedigger could have gotten from the mall to the time of the phone call?
37 08 01.37
78 01 30.17 :think:

I tweeted to Hart that Deirdre Lovejoy was excellent casting because she gives me nightmares. She just did a brilliant job of having no emotion. I think it was her eyes, very cold. :shock: I'd like to see her go too, but then not really because Gravedigger episodes make for excellent TV!

Bravo TJ! I too wanted to give him a hug. That's nothing new though! Emily did an amazing job tonight, really felt for Brennan.

Everyone else said what I was thinking, so I'll leave it at that. I loved it. Nervous/excited about the finale.
word count: 296
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

First off. This whole case just gets under my skin.
I'm not too terribly original, and I've always been petrified of being buried alive.
I used to have nightmares about it when I was younger, and after the Gravedigger case, I've had a few. So needless to say, it's a bit unnerving.

First impression: Nightmare on Elm Street. Had to say it. And I agree. Seeing TJ covered in blood and screaming, I did think about how much fun he had. Actors do love their horror scenes (:
(Just going to say, David's part in Tempe's dream was a bit... over-acting, in my opinion)
I was delighted to see that they showed Bones' emotions in this episode; these instances are few and far between.

Hodgins' outlash kinda got to me. I think it could be the case, or his acting skills. Not too sure. I do know that I was on pins and needles throughout.
I have to say, though I know they needed to drop the charges to find the evidence on the little boy's murder, I was upset. I wanted her to be brought to justice for what she did to Tempe Jack and Seeley.
(listen to me, like I'm their friend..)

Taffet is so unnerving. They picked a wonderful actress for such a psychotic role.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but as soon as Max said anything about "innocent people," I knew he was going to try and kill her... Which I wasn't opposed to. :snooty: :shhh:

I think I've gotten too attached. But it's alright with me. (:
Thought I'd have more to say...
I was more into this episode than I think I have been since Aliens in a Spaceship.
I'll probably add more next time I see it.
word count: 308
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

kayleigh_marie wrote:I wanted her to be brought to justice for what she did to Tempe Jack and Seeley.
(listen to me, like I'm their friend..)

I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but as soon as Max said anything about "innocent people," I knew he was going to try and kill her... Which I wasn't opposed to. :snooty: :shhh:
I totally understand. These are my friends. I rejoice when they find love & ache for them when they are hurting. I fear for them when they're in danger & wish vengeancee upon those who do them harm. I hated Taffet for what she did to my people. I'm quite attached. :)

I also had the same thought about Max. I knew he was going to go after her. I don't blame him. :violence-instagib:
word count: 138
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

jade.stormcloud wrote:I totally understand. These are my friends. I rejoice when they find love & ache for them when they are hurting. I fear for them when they're in danger & wish vengeancee upon those who do them harm. I hated Taffet for what she did to my people. I'm quite attached. :)

I also had the same thought about Max. I knew he was going to go after her. I don't blame him. :violence-instagib:
:text-thankyouyellow:
I'm so happy I'm not the only one!!
word count: 88

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

AngMT wrote:
One thing I wondered about -- why wasn't she being tried for all the other kidnappings, like the twins that they found in "Aliens."
I think you'll find the reason that they dismissed the other cases as well as 'our team's' cases is that their cases all depended upon the evidence that was found in the locker, and with the judge ruling that that evidence was inadmissable because it was illegally attained, that didn't leave them with enough to really try the cases with. All tehy had were the dirt samples and the voice altered tapes that were proving too complicated to uncode....at least that was my impression of the why.

And I was wondering how the figured out the telephone number was the cooridnates too. I got where they got the number, but not how they made the connection.
word count: 146

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 5.21 The Boy with the Answer

Post by ThyneAlone »

I honestly waver between liking and disliking this episode. For sure, I'm not indifferent. I did love the dream sequence, with TJ getting his chance for a sustained and convincing vulnerability and despair. I liked the way everyone pulled together and supported one another.

My dislike was partly because of the way, as you rightly say, girls, our people were being targeted and hurt. Also partly because the case gave the feel that it was being worked for the team and not for the victim, which I know was unavoidable and plot-related, but I still don't like it. And then the court scenes actually made me feel claustrophobic. I just didn't want to be breathing the same air as that contemptible, vicious woman. True, it was brilliantly acted. But I have never found the basic conceit of the Gravedigger convincing in any way. Never seen why anyone would take so much trouble for a basic kidnap/ransom scenario, never understood how she did the physical things which she did even with the help she must have had initially. How did she even get on that vessel to place Booth where she did? Bury a car having placed 2 relatively heavy people in the seats and calculated how much air was in there? Why would she know the coordinates of where she buried the boy? This is an instance where I have to suspend disbelief very firmly or frankly it falls off the tightrope. I felt the same way about Gormagon, only worse, which is why I only ever watch the episodes of S3 where he doesn't figure. Epps was definitely the best regular - an absolutely believable psycho in the Lecter mould. I was very disappointed that it 'isn't over'. I think she has run her course!

Great performances from all involved and tremendous tension though. And I am utterly convinced with Brennan's need for some space, which Emily portrayed excellently. I'll be interested to see which places that takes us.
word count: 338
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

Okay, wow. This was a good one. So much tension.

The dream sequence was refreshing and different for the show in that it showed a vulnerable side to Bones that we seldom see. I guess I'm the lone one who didn't like seeing TJ covered in blood. That was just uncomfortable to me. :( Especially since it was all over his face, not where he was actually bleeding when buried. (pedantic, I know) :lol:

I loved it when Max (looking dishelveled and cute) called Bones from prison and casually said, "Hi honey, I need you to bail me out." And he nods his head as she talks. Haha!! And her response was cute. "I don't want you to kill people for me." But seriously, why was he in jail? Was just aiming and not even firing the gun enough? Or was it hitting Booth? I'm just curious about the technicality of it all, because Taffet gets most of the evidence thrown out, but Tempe's dad is in jail and he never even succeeded in firing, let alone killing anyone. :doh:

But WHAT was up with Max's eyes in that episode?!! :shock: I have loved Ryan O'Neil in previous episodes and thought he looked great and very cute with his little pot belly (in the orange jumpsuit) and his lovely, pale blue eyes. But in this episode he looked as though he was having some sort of procedure while he was filming. His eyes looked very hooded and VERY dark. I made an effort to see his baby blues, but they just didn't seem to be there. :?:

Caroline was cute with her usual quips, "If I lose I'll send everyone (taxpayers) a note of apology." :lol: And when the judge said she didn't have much evidence left and asked her if she wanted to proceed, she looked doubtful until she first looked at Hodgins, then Bones and then Booth. I liked her resolve to help them.

As for Angela the artist turned computer genius :wink: I guess I'm glad she DID become a computer whiz, but geesh .. she cut it close. She couldn't have worked out that algorithm thing before?!! Talk about your last minute Hail Mary's. :lol:

I must say, I don't like the wimpy side of Hodgins. I don't like that he's so me-centric about the whole thing, as though he was the only one who suffered, and I thought Bones handled that scene very well when she essentially persuaded him to divorce himself of the emotion to get a chance at a conviction. But it's so sad that she pointed out (rightly - for her) that people and relationships bring emotional entanglements that complicate reason. :( And I do think she definitely was trying to tell Booth she wants out. Of course, there wouldn't be much of a show without the two of them as crime fighters, so I'm sure there will be a way to bring her back around. Possibly to investigate a crime close to her heart, like an attempt on Booth, or Parker, or one of the other Jefferesonians. Taffet did say it wasn't over, after all. :evil:

When Booth told her he had instructed Caroline to drop his case as well, I just loved the look Emily gave him there. So soft, so sweet. If you didn't notice, please take note next time you watch the episode. It was really precious.

As for the issues with the case itself, there are still unanswered questions. It can't have been solely for the money. Taffet had other movtives, surely. And I now believe that regardless of her original motivation for the kidnappings, this has morphed in to an issue between her and Bones. They are both brilliant, dispassionate women at the top of their fields (Bones was great on the stand reacting to Taffet and telling her she wouldn't find a more qualified Forensic scientist and not to interrupt.) and I now think Hart and company will turn the trajectory of the case and aim it at some sort of vendetta about Bones. Time will tell, I suppose.

Excellent points have been made about the logistics of this average sized woman burying bodies, cars, freezers, etc. I think they're all valid and haven't yet decided if it's just one of those quirks of fiction where we are invited to suspend disbelief or if it is an allusion to the possibility that Taffet did not work alone. I can't remember any bits of evidence that would suggest that, but it would make the whole thing more plausible.

At one point Booth said they were trying 5 cases with multiple counts, so who was that? Bones, Booth and Hodgins, of course, and the boy. Who was the fifth? Maybe it was two counts for the boy - kidnapping and murder. And why did Caroline later say it was one case with 7 counts? Seven something, anyway.

But what was up with her rebuttal to Angela's voice recognition thing - the same words in Angela's voice supposedly done by some highly qualified professor? Umm ... :roll:

And how would she know that Bones was "seeing" Sweets? Is that really something that would come out in Discovery? Or that Hodgins was a "known conspiracy theorist?" Hmm. Although I did love the look on her face when Hodgins testified about the dustmite being full of the perpetrators skin. :clap:

The jury was so unemotional, so un-reacting through the whole thing, it was hard to read which way the verdict would go. They instructed the actors to remain very neutral, I'm sure.

I also loved the way Bones referenced Sweets and all his inexact-pseudo-science-of-psychology when she was suggesting to Max that he wanted Booth to catch him so he wouldn't go back to jail and be separated from her again.

It is interesting to see that Bones, such an unemotional person - was obviously deeply emotional in regards to her nightmare. Also, in saying that she doesn't like the sadness of working with murders and how she might need a break. Perhaps Booth has rubbed off on her.

Lastly, it was so satisfying to me that Taffet in all her arrogance was her own undoing. Had she not taunted Bones with that "genius/number" business, they would never have found the boy and therefore never would have found the dustmite and she would have walked free. Brilliant as she was, she messed up big time, just as Booth said would happen.

word count: 1101
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

boo wrote:

And how would she know that Bones was "seeing" Sweets? Is that really something that would come out in Discovery? Or that Hodgins was a "known conspiracy theorist?" Hmm. Although I did love the look on her face when Hodgins testified about the dustmite being full of the perpetrators skin. :clap:

Well, I imagine that would have been easy for her to find out. When she took over the Gravedigger case, she probably used her position to find out all she could about the team.
word count: 86

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

boo wrote:
At one point Booth said they were trying 5 cases with multiple counts, so who was that? Bones, Booth and Hodgins, of course, and the boy. Who was the fifth? Maybe it was two counts for the boy - kidnapping and murder. And why did Caroline later say it was one case with 7 counts? Seven something, anyway.

Angela, Hodgins, Brennan, the two boys...were they twins that were found in the ufo looking thing?..thats five...I know there was a case before the two boys, I can't remember the details...and the boy in this episode, though I don't know if he were counted since they didn't have the body at that time...
word count: 119

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

AmyLynn wrote:
boo wrote:

Angela, Hodgins, Brennan, the two boys...were they twins that were found in the ufo looking thing?..thats five...I know there was a case before the two boys, I can't remember the details...and the boy in this episode, though I don't know if he were counted since they didn't have the body at that time...

No, it was Booth, Bones, Hodgins, and the Twin soccer players.
Maybe a person before it, but Angela wasn't one of them.
word count: 144

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

Yes, Booth, I don't know why I said Angela, maybe just cause I associate Angela with Hodgins?...lol. There's 5, but in the episode with the boys didn't they discuss an earlier victim, or I am way off base? Cause I know the grave digger had started before that cause that guy already had written a book about the grave digger. For some reason I just remember there being more than the two boys before she got to the Jeffersonian team. The twins were the first ones that ran out of air before the grave digger's deadline, because she hadn't planned on taking two of them, I just don't remember what they said about any prior cases.
word count: 123

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

According to "Aliens," there were five victims other than the two Kent boys. Four had their ransom paid & survived. One had never been found (this one, I'm assuming). Since then, of course, we had Brennan, Hodgins, & Booth. So, she's responsible for kidnapping a total of 10 people, & responsible in the deaths of 3.

I believe Booth says in this one that they have "five cases, multiple counts." I'm not sure how the cases are divided, or which ones they are prosecuting. Perhaps the kidnap victims are not part of it. Maybe they have to bring their own cases to trial if they choose to press charges?
That would leave us with 6 people: Booth, Hodgins, Brennan, The Kent boys, & the 10-year old (Booth specifically mentions him as one of the cases). Perhaps the Kent boys are being taken as one case? Or Brennan & Hodgins as one? I don't know why the Kents aren't mentioned in the trial, though. Did they not have enough info to trace them to her after all that evidence was thrown out?
word count: 182

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

jade.stormcloud wrote:
Perhaps the kidnap victims are not part of it. Maybe they have to bring their own cases to trial if they choose to press charges?
That would make sense. They are alive to press charges, so that's a good conclusion.
jade.stormcloud wrote:
I don't know why the Kents aren't mentioned in the trial, though. Did they not have enough info to trace them to her after all that evidence was thrown out?
I believe that was the circumstances. The comment was made that w/o the locker evidence that all they had was the dirt samples, and they couldn't get anything more from those. So I'm pretty suer that's why they dropped those charges.
word count: 124

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

That reminds me .. which episode was it where they found evidence in a locker? :think: I think I may have missed that one.
word count: 22
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.