TJThyne.com presents...

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
skftex
TJ Team Validator

TJThyne.com presents...

Post by skftex »

We are going to try something new here at tjthyne.com. TJ has generously agreed to chat with the members for about an hour, about once a month, here on the message boards. We will be setting up a thread where you can ask him questions/chat with him, and he will be here on the day and at the time announced and will answer your questions. The times and dates will be announced hopefully a week or so in advance but we can’t guarantee we’ll always know that far in advance, which is the case for this first one, and we are sorry it is such short notice.

TJ hopes to be available to chat each month after 3 new episodes of Bones Season 6 have aired. This is of course dependent on TJ’s schedule. We tried to find the best time for the majority of our members, but we do understand that for some of you, it will be very early in the morning/middle of the night. Due to TJ’s schedule and to time differences, there is just no way to have a chat that is convenient for everyone in all time zones. We apologize for this but we do hope to try always to have them on weekends (possibly Saturdays) so that if you do want to attend at least it will not be a work day for most people.

We are going to have a trial chat on the date listed above, to see how it goes and whether the message boards can handle it. You do have to be a member of the boards to post and join in on the chat. We hope that people will stick around and participate on the boards the rest of the month and not just show up for chats. This is something TJ wants to do for those loyal fans that come here to his site and take the time to join and participate.

A few guidelines:

• Even though this will be done on a thread, and can presumably hold as many posts as we wish, we do hope you’ll all be nice and ask him one question then wait and allow him to answer it and to answer everyone before asking him another. Comments are fine; just remember we want him to be able to answer as many people as he can in the hour he will be there, so we ask that you not post constantly making it hard for him to keep up and maybe making him miss a question from someone.
  • Please do not ask TJ personal questions. He’s nice and he’ll answer almost anything, but the purpose of this is to allow fans to ask him questions about his work.
  • Questions do not have to be limited to Bones, and out of the box questions are fine, just keep them clean and family friendly. The more you ask him about Bones the better though, since that is part of the reason he is doing this, so he can talk to us and answer any questions about the episodes in Season 6.
  • Make it fun for TJ, be creative. He tends to be asked the same questions over and over so if you are able to come up with something new, he’ll probably enjoy chatting more. TJ’s favorite color is blue. We are telling you this so we can hopefully have more original questions asked. ;)
  • When TJ says he has to leave, do not continue asking him questions. He has a busy schedule and he will be taking time from his day off to spend with us. He may or may not have been able to answer a question from everyone; if he hasn’t, we are sorry, but if he says he needs to leave, any other questions will have to wait until the next chat.
  • Please check the tj’s skeletons section and see what he has already answered, and please do not ask any of those questions again.
  • The chat IS moderated to an extent, meaning if we feel a post is not appropriate, it will be removed or we will ask TJ not to answer it and give a warning.
  • If you ask a question and TJ does not answer it, we are going to assume it is because he prefers not to, don’t keep asking him over and over. We will do our best to make sure he doesn’t miss anything.
We will be announcing any changes to the chat set up after we have gone through the trial chat in August. The first official Bones Season 6 chat will most likely be in October, date to be determined later. Whether there is a chat every month depends on TJ’s schedule and/or the Bones Season 6 schedule. If you have any questions about the chat or rules, you can ask them here, or send one of us (skftex or ThyneAlone) a pm and we’d be happy to answer them.

Here is a helpful link for those of you outside of the United States, to help you figure out what time the chat will take place for you. TJ is in Los Angeles.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Thanks everyone, and let’s make this a great experience for TJ, so he’ll want to continue doing it.

Sharon & Steph
[/color]
Last edited by skftex on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 906

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: TJThyne.com presents...

Post by skftex »

Okay, based on a question I was asked. If you have asked the question in the "All you've always wanted to know.." thread for TJ and it has NOT been answered, then it is fine to ask him that when he chats with us. The last guideline, the one that says if you ask a question and TJ doesn't answer, we are going to assume he prefers not to, we mean if you ask him something in the chat on Saturday and he doesn't answer it. Not something you've previously asked in the thread and it hasn't been answered.

word count: 104
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Wow guys, this is amazing! Too bad I'll miss it! :( Maybe I will think of a question and ask a friend to ask it for me. Damn! The only Saturday I do something and it has to coincide with this. Well, I hope next time I'll be available. :) Great idea, I hope you have a great time chatting with the man!

EDIT: Now I'm wondering, is okay if I ask a friend to ask something for me, right?
word count: 81
~ s o f i

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

While we can't stop your friend from asking a question for you, why don't you just save it and ask him yourself the next time? :)

You know what, sorry editing this, because I'm thinking yeah we need to limit friends asking questions for friends. Because someone is going to show up and have a list of 40 friends to ask questions for them and that defeats one of the purposes of this whole thing, to get people to come and join! LOL So please, no "My friend so and so wants to know..." Sorry!!
Last edited by skftex on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 97
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

This sounds amazing!

I can't think of any other "big-time" actors that are this cool with their fans, so kudos to TJ. Count me in for the chat, too.
word count: 31

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

SirRose we will be happy to see you there too! Welcome to the site by the way. :)
word count: 17

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

I thought so, that's why I wanted to be sure :P
Last edited by sofilps on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 11
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:think: *pondering questions*

I'm looking forward to it, Sharon! This is very cool. :D
word count: 13
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Sandy
Fan

Post by Sandy »

yay is so fantastic, i will miss it, :( i hope will be there the next time.
Tj is so cute to dedicate his busy time for us.
he is ROCK!! :clap:

i hope you have fun chat with him. :D
word count: 38

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Definitely join us next time, Sandy! :D

Sofi, I'm bummed. :( I'm so sorry you're busy this weekend. I'm trying to recall what you may have mentioned on LJ... is it a concert you're going to?
word count: 39

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

This is amazing. I now need to figure out what time it's going to be for me lol

Cheers for organising all of this it should be fun :D
Ali :dance:
word count: 30

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Sofi, I'm bummed. :( I'm so sorry you're busy this weekend. I'm trying to recall what you may have mentioned on LJ... is it a concert you're going to?
Not yet, concert time begins on October! heh. I'm going to a Green Film Fest, they are going to screen 10 different documentaries about ecology and recycling and all that stuff. I bought the tickets last week and the first movie happens to begin at 2 pm. (10 am PST). So yeah, it's a shame I won't be able to join in the fun this Saturday but don't worry, I'll be here for the next one! :D

Sandy and I will be here for the next time for sure! ;)
word count: 128
~ s o f i

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I want to say to all the Australians, I'm sorry :( , I did know when the time was chosen that it was going to make it tough for all of you, but finding a time that works for TJ and also works in Europe and Australia is hard to do. And Steph and I, we need to be here for this one so it had work for the U.S. and the UK.
word count: 73

Sandy
Fan

Post by Sandy »

sofilps wrote:
Sinkwriter72 wrote:Sofi, I'm bummed. :( I'm so sorry you're busy this weekend. I'm trying to recall what you may have mentioned on LJ... is it a concert you're going to?
Not yet, concert time begins on October! heh. I'm going to a Green Film Fest, they are going to screen 10 different documentaries about ecology and recycling and all that stuff. I bought the tickets last week and the first movie happens to begin at 2 pm. (10 am PST). So yeah, it's a shame I won't be able to join in the fun this Saturday but don't worry, I'll be here for the next one! :D

Sandy and I will be here for the next time for sure! ;)

enjoy the Film Fest Sofi, yeah the next time i will see you, ;)
word count: 143

freedom
Fan

Post by freedom »

Sounds good getting to chat to Tj one on one shame about time difference otherwise I would ask him a few things :dance: lol!
word count: 23

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

hey sharon,
don't worry .. its not like it could work everywhere in the world. At least it's a sunday - so we can all just sleep afterwards.. kinda like when the world cup was on.. If I can get up at 4am for soccer, I can definitely get up at 3 for TJ!!
:dance:
word count: 54

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Wow that's loyalty, llama. Thank you so much, it'll be great to see you! My only worry is that my unreliable Internet connection will go down. That would be horrendous!
word count: 32
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

oh.. i wont be here this time because I have to work.

I normally dont work weekends but got offered overnight babysitting gig and it pays well - for something I will mostly be sleeping through anyway.. and then I will have extra $$ for my trip.

Going to LA in November!! WOOOT! :banana-dreads:
word count: 51

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

I am so gonna be there and on my very best behaviour

Alex is really gonna hate this though 'cos i'll be out to the pub not long after and you can guess what the main topic of conversation will be he's already promising to leave the country for a few days after I go to the convention in September!

Roll on the TJ chat and lets hope its the start to a great weekend and the Reds batter Arsenal on Sunday (sorry its the football/soccer season again I can't help it!)

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 103

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:dance: I'll be here too ;)

Nothing to do this weekend, no work, so it will be great!

Don't know what to ask though, but still thinking about it ;)

Véro
word count: 31
The waffle conspiracy...