GalaxyCon Live Aug 22 2020 Bones Live

General TJ stuff
tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

GalaxyCon Live Aug 22 2020 Bones Live

Post by tjadmin »

TJ will be doing a live chat (on Zoom) on Aug 22 with Michaela Conlin, Tamara Taylor, Eric Millegan, Pej Vahdat and Michael Grant Terry at 2 PM ET. I believe it is a free Q&A and they are offering paid autographs and video greetings.

You can find more information here:
https://galaxycon.com/aug-22-bones/

And if you go to that site, you will find there is a way to win a free zoom chat with the Bones actor (of those listed) of your choice (If you win you better pick TJ!!! ;-) )

Sharon
word count: 96

kalya
Fan

Re: GalaxyCon Live Aug 22 Bones Live

Post by kalya »

I saw this on Twitter this morning. I signed up to listen to all of them be interviewed for an hour, of course, as that is free, but I had to think hard about paying for the 2-minute personal chat. It is pretty expensive. But finally I decided I missed my vacation this year, and I went for it. :-)
word count: 60

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Welcome Kalya! You will love talking to TJ. He is sooooo sweet! :romance-smileyheart: Really cool you are going to chat with him. If it isn't too personal we'd love to hear about it afterwards!

FYI everone else if you want to attend the Q&A make sure and go get a ticket (they are free) but you will need the code to virtually attend the event.
word count: 67

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

I woke up to the news this morning and bought the free ticket as well. This totally is the best event of the year. :happy-cheerleaderkid:
For now I left the chat thing out because hoestly it´s pretty expensive.
word count: 38
"My life turned around but I´m still living my dreams" - Anastacia

Daniela
Super Fan

Re: GalaxyCon Live Aug 22 2020 Bones Live

Post by Daniela »

Hey everyone,

I received some information about the procedure at Galaxy Con if you booked a chat with TJ. A friend just had a chat with an actress on there.

The Team seems to be all professional. Before you get to chat with TJ, a tech person from the staff will test the technical seetings of your camera and microphone with you to make sure that you won´t face any surprising issues. After that you´ll be send to a waiting line with a counter on which you can see your approximately waiting time until it is your turn.

During your chat with TJ you will see the time you have left. At 30 seconds the deadline is highlighted but the Star has the opportunity to "snooze" it, which would mean additional 30 seconds for you. (It might depend on how many people are in the waiting line if they do or don´t do). I don´t now how often this procedure is possible. My friend told about two times the actress she chattet with hit snooze.

After you´re finished the video of your chat will be available online latest after 24/48 hours. The participants lately told about an availability after two hours. No guarantee here that it will always be this fast.

I hope this information will help you a bit planning in advance. :)
word count: 229

kalya
Fan

Post by kalya »

I got my 2-minute talk with TJ. It was 2 1/2 minutes, but that is still pretty short. We talked about Toronto (the city where I live, and which he really likes), being alone through the pandemic, and that we are both cat people. A possible Bones reunion, which he would like, and that's about it. If you missed the group talk, he is now sporting quite a heavy beard. A 2-hour chat would have been nice!
word count: 81

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Wow that's absolutely brilliant! Though you're right, 2 minutes could never be enough.
Sadly I couldn't make it to this one, but I'd love to hear about everyone else's experiences.
So glad we are still getting the opportunity to find out what is going on in the lives of the people we admire. :)
word count: 58
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

After the review of my friend I took her recommonandation and booked a chat with TJ. Thankfully the tech stuff got an issue with my computer sorted in advance!
In the end we talked 2:20 minutes, which seemed way shorter as Kayla mentioned before.

We talked about the crazy Corona time, that both of our families thankfully are doing good. Also we shortly talked about the Cons we met before I (still can´t believe he remembers this after all the time). He asked where I am exactly from because he thought I was living in Dortmund. It sounded as if he´s planning to do live Cons after Corona again, when he said that we will then laugh about that random year with the online conventions. All in all it was short but absolutely worth it. :)
word count: 138

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Hi Karen and Daniela, thank you for sharing your short TJ chats with us. Do they let you have a video keepsake? 2 minutes is fast but TJ sometimes talks really fast and can say a lot in 2 minutes.

The Q&A was really funny. I think it kind of got away from the moderator as they all were just bouncing from memory to memory. TJ cracks me up where everyone else had their name on their video box, his said "King of the Lab or TJ, either one" :icon-lol: :romance-smileyheart: And yes he does have a very full beard. I wish he"d cut it so we could see his lovely face but he probably doesn't care what I think! :icon-lol: :crying-yellow: :laughing-rofl:
word count: 121

kalya
Fan

Post by kalya »

They do provide you with a video of the conversation, but I didn't get a notice telling me it was there. So if anyone else did one of those chats and doesn't have the copy, just go to the site where you logged on, and you can download it.
word count: 51

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Yes, they recorded a video of the 1.1 chat and took a screenshot of us saying "smile" in the beginning. I haven´t received the screenshot but the video was ready to download after 2 hours already. :dance:

Good to know that I wasn´t the only one crackign up about his chat name in the group chat. It was hilarious! I love all this behind the scenes stuff and even more when it´s funny. My neighbours might heard me laugh through the opened window but who cares? ;) It was really fun to watch.
word count: 95