Knowing and meeting the man

General TJ stuff
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Did you go to school with TJ? I guess I did.

Post by begolden »

Glad to be of service!
word count: 5
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thanks for stopping by to share a story with us, Kelly! Especially such a personal one. I remember the guy I had a crush on in high school... we were good friends, but alas, he just wasn't interested in me in the way I wanted him to be. We lost touch after graduation; sometimes I wonder where he is today. It's neat that you actually know where TJ ended up. :D

P.S. I took a quick glance at your MySpace site -- your clocks are creative and especially unique. Nice work!
word count: 92

Clockgirlkelly
Fan

Post by Clockgirlkelly »

Thank you for the compliment! I appreciate it! If you know anyone who needs a clock...send 'em my way! :)

It's great to see where TJ is today. I still feel a bit silly by writing about it, but it's fun for everyone!
word count: 45
"Dress yourself for the dazzle of the light"

clockgirlkelly.etsy.com

myspace.com/clockgirl

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Clockgirlkelly wrote:Thank you for the compliment! I appreciate it! If you know anyone who needs a clock...send 'em my way! :)
Will do! :D
Clockgirlkelly wrote:It's great to see where TJ is today. I still feel a bit silly by writing about it, but it's fun for everyone!
It IS fun. I hope you don't feel too strange about sharing with us. You've been lovely.

It's funny. After I read your post about your high school experience, it got me thinking about a guy who was my boyfriend in junior high. Very sweet boy. Sometimes I'm still amazed he chose me, out of all the other girls that liked him. *shakes head* But he moved away, out of state, because his father's job relocated the family, so (obviously) we parted ways. Lost touch long ago. Anyway, I wondered where he might be, so I googled his name... and I found him. He's still living in the state his family moved to back then, and he's apparently a lawyer now. And the law firm for which he works had his picture next to his bio so I know for sure it's him... he looks the same, only an older, more adult version of the boy I knew. It flashed me back to all sorts of grade school and junior high memories. It's amusingly scary. Very surreal. Wow.

See what you stirred up? ;)
word count: 243

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Sherry, that sounds like a funny, yet familiar story. I've facebooked (haha new word) my elementary friends and found them back where i used to live, in North Carolina. That also reminds me of all the drama that went down in middle school such a looonggg time ago :wink: Eck. high school drama is no fun. there's no escaping it anywhere you go!!!

I wonder what kind of person TJ was in high school. Jock? Nerd? Popular jerk (haha doubt it)? Was he smart as a school kid?I mean isn't it weird to think all celebrities were once kids? i've always wondered what kind of high school kid TJ was. I bet he was really nice and he got along with everybody. :D
word count: 126

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oh, the drama! I remember it all too well. Heh. But no matter what angst I felt throughout high school, the one thing that always kept me going was music. Choir, show choir, orchestra class, and the school musical. I lived for those classes and performances. Along with English/Language Arts/Literature courses, they made up the strongest, happiest memories of school that I have. :D

As for TJ... from the posts we've received so far on this thread from his former classmates, he sounds like he was exactly what we've seen: a really sweet, funny, talented guy. Glad to hear it!
word count: 103

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

So, Sherry, did you send him a message? Maybe it´s fun talking about old times!? :)
word count: 16
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:shock: Pause for Sherry to be totally deer-in-headlights. Hee.

Oh my gosh, I haven't talked with him since junior high. That was *muffled* years ago. :mrgreen: I can't even imagine the conversation we'd have. Terrifying thought. LOL.

Funny too: Just the other day I was cleaning out a section of my closet and I came across this old notebook, in which I'd written a story or little novelette back when I was in the seventh grade (it was about 80 notebook pages long, heh). And tucked inside the notebook I found this letter I'd started but never sent to him. It was after he'd moved, and I was trying to figure out what to say. Apparently the letter was one of several drafts, because I had 'notes' in the margin and some lines were crossed off and rewritten. Some things apparently never change. *GRIN*

And I cringed, reading this letter, because it brought back all these memories of grade school and beyond, and how terribly shy and self-conscious I was back then, and it reminded me of what little self-esteem I had had. Here was this boy who liked me and was so sweet to me, and I was always questioning why on earth he picked me of all people. I was never able to let that go, at the time. (Maybe I felt guilty that he wanted to go with me because two of my best friends had liked him, too. Hmm.) Anyway, I read this letter and I just wanted to shake the girl I was, the girl who'd written those self-conscious anxious words, and say, "Where did this come from? Why did you waste so much time feeling unworthy and stupid and afraid?" Argh. I can't tell you how sad it made me, to read this letter and see myself that way. That poor little girl. Talk about your lessons in psychology! Wacky. :D
word count: 327

Clockgirlkelly
Fan

Post by Clockgirlkelly »

I like this quote...

"I spent the first fourteen years of my life convinced that my looks were hideous. Adolescence is painful for everyone, I know, but mine was plain weird."
Uma Thurman

I remember those feelings too. I remember writing, sketching, dreaming, and usually it revolved around my "fantastical" relationship to some boy...who was clueless to the fact that he held my self worth so delicatly within the palms of his hands. How is it we define ourselves by others, even now? Crazy!
word count: 85
"Dress yourself for the dazzle of the light"

clockgirlkelly.etsy.com

myspace.com/clockgirl

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

What she said.
word count: 3
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

jasonc
Fan

TJ in New Jersey

Post by jasonc »

Yesterday my wife and I were in church in NJ. I thought the guy in the pew in front of us looked familiar from behind. When he turned to talk the woman next to him I recognized as Hodgins from Bones, as we are both huge fans. I told my wife, she didn't think so. When it came time in mass to turn to people around you and offer signs of peace, we both knew that it was TJ. We shook hands and did not want to interfere with his personal time. After mass, we again respected his privacy and did not approach him.

I will not give out the location of the church, again to protect his privacy. I was just wondering, does anyone know if he has family in NJ or if Bones is filming in NJ?

Thanks,

Jason
word count: 142

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: TJ in New Jersey

Post by ThyneAlone »

Wow. How very respectful and kind of you not to invade TJ's privacy. Of course in a prayerful atmosphere that's very much the way you tend to behave anyway; but I'm sure he appreciated it. Great to see you here btw. Please call again!

No, I personally don't know about any family or whatever in NJ - though others may.
word count: 63
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

Clockgirlkelly wrote:I like this quote...

"I spent the first fourteen years of my life convinced that my looks were hideous. Adolescence is painful for everyone, I know, but mine was plain weird."
Uma Thurman

I remember those feelings too. I remember writing, sketching, dreaming, and usually it revolved around my "fantastical" relationship to some boy...who was clueless to the fact that he held my self worth so delicatly within the palms of his hands. How is it we define ourselves by others, even now? Crazy!
I remember the awkwardness that was "teenage-dom". Had its share of good times and bad, but yeah, what bugged me was wondering if I was worth any guy's time. The answer (I found out a few years later when my confidence boosted from work) was an emphatic yes. Though in the years since I grew to realize that I, along with every other decent person out there are worth it, regardless of who enters our lives and says we aren't (and hopefully that's a small percentage, or no one).

Now I'm on the side of the fence where I know I'm worth it, could be happy single or taken (well, gf for a start), and am currently faced with either possibility. The latter would be nice...he is the icing on my cake. Here's to hoping he feels the same way (I know he does, but he comes with baggage - a possessive ex, and needs to cut those ties for good).

Btw...nice posts! I've read the ones posted since I was last here, and it's nice to know TJ was a good guy, and also that when folks find out he's in public (darned near in front of them!) that they hold back when it is best to be quiet or discrete. I'm sure he appreciates the fans approaching, and the quiet moments too where folks see him but hang back. He's got some great fans. :)
word count: 336
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Knowing and meeting the man

Post by ThyneAlone »

He certainly does. Welcome back.
word count: 5

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

Thank yah! It's good to be back.
word count: 8
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

Daisy_A
Fan

Post by Daisy_A »

Aw you're all talking about how great it is to be past High School and I'm there with a crippling work load and a self esteem of 0! I'll be glad when it's over as it is really just terrible!

And Hiya..It's Daisy again and I'm back!!
word count: 54

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey Daisy! I was just flicking through my membership log the other day and wondering where you had gone! Welcome home! Can I just say :naughty: Don't go walking around with a self esteem of 0. TJ wouldn't like it!

I think you're in the UK? As a teacher there myself, I'd be interested to know exactly where you are and what you're studying (over on the sofa in Welcome maybe). I know how heavy the load is with GCSE at the moment and I do sympathise. Try not to let it grind you down though.
word count: 100