Five things he'd love to know about you...

General TJ stuff
Caseyface
Fan

Re: Five things he'd love to know about you...

Post by Caseyface »

1.) Greatest desire: Hmmmm to be a millionaire hahaha.. I would love to some day get into some acting classes. Especiallyyy since I'm temporarily living in California, but as of right now on our income, it's not something we can afford.
Aside from that, of course I want to get through college, buy a house with my hubby, and eventually (not for a long time tho, I'm still a baby myself! lol) have kids.
I would absolutely love to own my own animal rescue.

2.) Biggest Fear: This is a tough one. I would have to say my number 1 fear is losing loved ones. I never thought much about it until I got married at 18 and moved 2000 miles away from everything and everyone I knew, and then a few months later I found out my mom had to put our family dog down that we had since I was 9. Ya know when you're real young, you feel like the things and people you love will be there forever.. But when my Buddy had to be put down I realized the whole "one day they're here, the next they're gone" kinda thing. It's the scariest thought in the world! To a lot of people it may sound silly that a dog made me realize this, but he was family too.

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them:
Money... My excuses... Being so far from home in a place that's so foreign to me. I think I just need that extra kick in the butt to get me going. I just got sad thinking about this. :( Someone please kick me in the butt? Thanks :lol:

4.) Where do you live currently and what is the state of affairs in your region these days?

I'm a Chicago girl at heart (well.. suburbs at least haha).. I moved to San Diego in December because the military told us to lol. I don't watch the news over here much because most of it I wouldn't even consider actual news, it's more like a talk show, or a reality show. Uhmm it's very.. very.. very hot outside? Where I'm from it snows in MAY from time to time haha. I really should get out more than I do.

5.) what's your favorite JACK moment on bones?
Can anyone really choose a favorite? I love when Jack is showing his sweet and sensitive side.. or when he’s all excited and being funny lol. To tell you the truth, any time Jack is on the screen, it’s my favorite Jack moment! Sorry, TJ, but you’re just a beautiful person!
word count: 465

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hiya Casey! Wow, you chose THE most difficult thread on the whole message board to introduce yourself! Brave soul. Still, you did it with panache and it's good to know you. Now get that kicked butt over to Welcome and say hi to everyone there too.

:D :dance:
word count: 47
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

1.) Greatest desire- To become a world renowned author, simple as that.
2.) Biggest Fear- Probably dying alone. Granted it's not original, but it seems pretty scary, your life ending, knowing you've not effected or been important to another person.
3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from achieving your greatest goal- The fact that I don't have a car. Haha.
4.) Where do you live currently and what is the state of affairs in your region these days?- Upstate New York. And I guess it would probably have to be the utter ignorance exuded by the politicians and other such members of the Government in this state.
5.) what's your favorite JACK moment on bones?- In the episode where he and Brennan have been abducted by the Gravedigger. Particularly, in the end. When Jack and Brennan are both in the back seat, after Jack figured out their exact location with a few particulates and some (very expensive) perfume he bought Angela, and sending a text message to the Lab (god, I get carried away), he comes to terms with the fact that they may never make it out of the car alive. It's just his admitting this- showing so much emotion, yet showing strength at the same time, and showing his love for his colleague. It was powerful. And I have to admit, I still cry a little bit every time I watch that episode. :oops:
word count: 242
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Fantastic choice. I always get a lump in the throat too. :oops: :lol:
word count: 11

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

1.) Greatest desire. (open ended. a tough one, I know, but what is each individuals greatest desire).

My greatest desire is one over which I have no control; in the deepest part of me I wish and desire that all children born on this planet would be born of love, not selfishness or lust, and that each and every child would be treasured, loved and cared for the way they deserve.

2.) Biggest Fear. (I know, I know, perhaps you were looking for more "what's your favorite color" but from what you grasp of me already, the small-talk never interested me in life.

My biggest fear is not becoming the person I want to be, or achieving the things I want to achieve, before I die.

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them?!!!! don't need to write this one down. just answer it.

I honestly don't know who or what it is. I imagine it is me. :doh: But I have no idea, why. Meh .. someone deep inside I suppose I believe I don't deserve it. Maybe I need Sweets to set me straight. :wink:

4.) Where do you live currently and what is the state of affairs in your region these days?

I've moved around a lot and I currently live in the southeast United States. Things here are well. We're certainly fairing better than a lot of regions these days.

This is so hard because there are sooo many of them. I love all the stuff with Zach, the experiments and, "King of the lab" competitions. :lol: And there were many wonderful, funny and tender moments between Jack and Angela, as well as the scenes between Hodgins and Brennan while buried alive. But if I have to pick one *sigh* I will have to pick the utterly hilarious and insightful scene in The Soccer Mom in the Minivan (season 3, episode 2) when Booth introduces Special Agent Frost and points to Hodgins saying, "She'll be working with you, Hodgins." And Jack proceeds to say, "Yes, please .." and stumble through one of the funniest scenes in television history. I love it and it really showcased your acting ability.

"Yes, please. No .. what? Um .. Hmm? JaHa .. Hodgins. Ddd .. doc .. Doctor. Wor .. okay? "

:dance:

And then when Angela chimes in and introduces herself she then says, "I do reconstructions .. and him." The expression on your face and the little "hmm," you mutter are sooo cute. I love that scene. :romance-cloud9:
word count: 434
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Well, I've read all of this thread and have been pondering my reply... I'm sure it will be not all that interesting compared to some. Since I'm newly divorced and it's a brand new year, I think it's a great time to think about these. I'm actually more comfortable talking about this stuff here "anonymously" than in person so here goes...

1.) Greatest desire. (open ended. a tough one, I know, but what is each individuals greatest desire).

I want to find that one person I can connect with--whether it be with a man or a lasting friendship with another woman. I've never been truly in love with anyone (sad to say since I'm 30 and I've been married), and I've never felt truly comfortable with any of my friends. Most of my friendships have ended with a change of jobs or moving. I always feel like I have to hold something back and am constantly questioning whether they really like me or are just being nice, which is probably ridiculous. I don't feel like I fit in with my family either, but then my parents are each on their 3rd marriage, so that may have something to do with it! I want my kids to see me happy and see what a real marriage looks like before they get older. Forget Sweets, I think we need Stephen Fry for this consult, lol!

2.) Biggest Fear. (I know, I know, perhaps you were looking for more "what's your favorite color" but from what you grasp of me already, the small-talk never interested me in life.

That something will happen to my kids...or to me before they're able to take care of themselves. I type about sickness and death all day and sometimes it's really scary to think how quickly it can all be over.

:roll: I also have a rather irrational fear of sharks. Saw Jaws when I was 10 and STILL have nightmares occasionally. I'll go in the ocean but not too far. I could sit on the beach all day though.

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from achieving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them?!!!! don't need to write this one down. just answer it.

Two things on this one...My ex-husband held me back I think as far as being myself. I managed to go to school and get the job I have now and all that, but it was like nothing I did was good enough and he never really listened so eventually I just stopped talking. He made fun of Bones all the time too, y'all. Should have put that under "irreconcilable differences," lol.

The other is, of course, me. Example, I used to draw and took art all through school. Everyone thought that was what I was going to do. Went to college and saw all these people who I thought were better than me and just quit. I don’t think I could have found success as a “gallery” artist, but I know I could have done something with it, advertising or whatever. My favorite thing to draw was people but I think I got too wrapped up in perfectionism. One of my New Year’s resolutions was to just go buy a sketchpad and some pencils and see what happens…haven’t gotten around to it yet though...

I live about 20 minutes south of Nashville, Tennessee. I love it here. The area I live in is kind of Brady Brunch. It’s actually the more affluent area where quite a few of the country stars live, although I live in the dodgier end. Lots of churches of every type, great schools, lots of parks, etc. I’m close to shopping and if I could actually get a night out there are hundreds of places to go to hear music (country or otherwise) any day of the week and plenty of restaurants. It has lots of history related to the Civil War so they are really careful about preserving things and how they build things there. I really don’t have to worry about locking my car doors (I dare someone to steal my ’96 Camry) or letting my kids play outside. I’m lucky in that I work from home in the medical field so local economic stuff doesn’t really have an effect on my job—the hospitals I work for are actually out of New York. People are always sick no matter the economy so I feel safe for now. So yeah, I’m pretty blessed. I’m originally from the Chicago suburbs and I can say that as a general rule people here are just so much nicer. About all I miss from Chicago is the food. I never had much of a chance to visit all the really cool stuff there. The only bummer is that I have no family here, but at least it’s in a convenient area of the US as far as getting everywhere. Oh, and it’s going to snow tomorrow so the southerners are starting to panic. We had 4 inches last Friday and it basically shut the area down for 4 days. It only happens once every few years so they don’t salt/plow. They cancel school if it MIGHT snow, it’s ridiculous. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. My son has mild autism and NEEDS that routine!

I love the episode where he and Brennan get buried--that's the Aliens one right? Any of the fun experiments they do and how he is with Angela. I was about melting with the “I’m your guy…I love you” conversation he had with Angela when she thought she was pregnant. Pretty much anything! I’ve always been drawn to Jack! I'm a bit of a nerd myself, used to be a teacher's aide in the science dept in high school. Ate lunch next to the jars of various animal organs and kept the lab's pet rat at home over the summer. I might be able to get more specific as I go through Seasons 1 and 2 again.

So there you have it, sorry if I got off topic. Off to get my 4 hours of sleep in.
Last edited by SmackyKennedy on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1097
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

Well, here we go, in my midnight-i'm-bored-and-I-can't-sleep-mode (i'ts just past midnight over here)

My greatest desire is to find a job, which I actually like. I had part-time jobs but it was mostly for the money than for the experience.
My second desire is to get my diploma next year. the training isn't thát hard (I'm here on this board because i'm bored haha) ans my fellow classmates are satisfied with 55% correct. They are so not motivated.

As said before, losing loved ones. My grandma is the only grandparent left, and I don't visit her as much as I can, because I live at the other end of the country. (Still no excuse though, because it's only 2 ours of metro, train an busses)

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them?!!!! don't need to write this one down. just answer it.
Ehm, yeah.... ME!!! I want to run a marathon at some point, but I'm sticking to the couch so far. Watching Bones ;)
And I want to travel around the world, but money is holding me back (as always).

Ah, I live in the city with the best Dutch skyline, Rotterdam (Check http://wilcozpics.files.wordpress.com/2 ... e_4588.jpg). The building with the orange/pink sign is my university, yay! Not sure what you mean with the second part of your question, but do you mean what's going on round here? Well, my answer to that is: not entirely sure, since I moved here only 4 months ago, so í'm busy to know the city. Great party's though. Drop by if you are in town ;)

5.) what's your favorite JACK moment on bones?There are so many to choose from. The swings, the funny sayings. Can't choose.

Well, and now i'm off to sleep.
word count: 403

Bren41882
Fan

Post by Bren41882 »

Yeah that is a tough one I think if I look into the depths of my soul my greatest desire is to love and be loved a true passionate love and to do whatever I can to make this world a better place.

My biggest fear is losing the people I love

My biggest dream was alway to be a wife and mother I just haven't found the right guy yet.

I live in Rhode Island USA the economy in RI is bad and we just had major flooding but we'll get through it.

My god there are so many I love his experiments,and the love he has for Angela, I also love the conspericy therieost that he is, and his passion for his job.
word count: 237

ChristyTwilight
Fan

Post by ChristyTwilight »

5 questions

My Greatest desire I've had since I was about 9 or 10. I used to draw pictures of it. I wanted to own a house out in the country. The house would have beautiful land all around it. A porch swing so I could sit and look out at the sunset every night. On the side would be a big pond that ducks and various other birds would come and sit on. I would sit under a weeping willow tree and throw them pieces of bread. Inside the house would be a library to hold all of the books with inlaid hand carved bookcases, a entertainment area with a simple TV and movies to watch with my family, the kitchen and living room would be welcoming to feed some guests while looking outside and seeing the farm. Of course I would have a couple of guest rooms, but I don't want a big house. I want it simple and one floor so I can live out my years in it.

My biggest Fear is simply losing the few people that care that I'm alive. That would be my husband and my daughter. I don't have a mom or dad that would care if I'm alive, so if I lost my family I don't know what I would do. I have had nightmares about them going missing and being accused of killing them. I guess any mother would have that nightmare so I guess its not original.

Being Poor is the simpliest answer for that. My desire requires money. Not much money, but not that 20k a year I live on with both my husband and I working. I'm going back to school to improve that. I'm in my second semester now getting an associates in biotechnology then transfer for biochemistry/molecular genetics

I live in upstate New York. New York is in debt and currently shut down 51 national parks because the budget still hasn't been decided on and they spent too much money on the guys pet projects. The town I live in has been slowly declining since the late 1800's. By the 1950's our population was practically halved every year. Now most of the buildings are up for sale, very little employment thus nobody gets out of here unless they already had money or are very very lucky.

My favorite moment was when, after many attempts to try to marry Angela, he understands that she is a free spirit and must accept her for who she is. He lights up those shrimp to form the "love me" and tells her that he wont ask, and that he will be there basically for whatever she would like even if that means just being together and never getting married.
The other moment was when he thought she was pregnant and he confronts her and says that he will be there for her for whatever she needs, whether it being a babysitter or just needing some money or a friend.
He has a fire for a lot of things but he is also so laid back when it comes to relationships, and that is nice.
word count: 646

Moonstar28
Fan

Post by Moonstar28 »

1.) Greatest desire: I wish I was able to make my national level (or higher) as a gymnast and trampolinst before getting sick.

2.) Biggest Fear: Giving up the fight to live... No matter what I have faced I normally have a smile on my face and do not show my pain or hurt to the outside world, but behind doors it is a different story (as some of you may have read under sofa time).

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them?!!!! Yes, and I don't really have a choice but to let it stop me until it goes away again :) Once that has happened, I can train and start preparing for my show for charity for next year (oh man it is going to be great!)

4.) Where do you live currently and what is the state of affairs in your region these days? I live in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. At the moment the state of things seem to be as well as can be, FFM was voted number 7 in the best place in the world to live. Tbh I am not one for reading news since I don't really have much free time :(

5.) What's your favorite JACK moment on bones? I loved Jack and Sweets stealing the car in the last episode of season five. I also loved the scene where Jack is drinking Egg Nogg while Zack is cutting open the skull in "Man from the fallout shelter" and the bio-hazard alarms going off and the pair fighting who should go first. Do I only have to pick one? I have more! (like everyone here I guess ^^)
word count: 291

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

1.) Greatest desire.
To be like Christ. I am a Christian and I know it's impossible to be perfect like He is, but God calls His children to strive for holiness. Leviticus 19:2, Matthew 5:48 (NIV)
2.) Biggest Fear.
Rejection. I have roots of rejection. Each time I uproot one, I uncover another, but at least I'm making progress with God's help, cognitive therapy, and introspection.
3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them?!!!!
My roots of rejection. As soon as I let my past be in the past and trust that history won't repeat itself, then my greatest goal of having healthy relationships will be met.
I reside in Traverse City, Michigan. I grew up in Grayling, which is an hour away. The state of affairs, if I'm interpreting this correctly, is Michigan has the highest unemployment rate of the country (14% compared to everyone else's 10%).
Seeing as how I'm on Season 1, Episode 16; his face-offs with Dr. Goodman are pretty amazing.
word count: 214

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Greatest Desire:
I want to find love. I want to find the man who will listen to my stupid rantings, my annoying nags, my whiney excuses and my lazy wish for a maid...and somehow think it's cute..I want to find the guy who will never get used to my long hours at the hospital because deep down he'll never be able to stop wanting me all to himself..I want to find the man I can trust with my whole life and heart and soul, enough to bring another human into this crazy world we live in..I want a man I can love, I want to be loved..Just..Loved..
Biggest Fear:
I don't think I'll ever find him..I alienate everyone who tries to become closer to me, I push them away with criticism, sinicism, hate, jealousy...I don't know how anyone can stand me...I have one friend, one person who stays with me not because of familial duties, but because she wants to..but I fear that will only last until she finds her own love..
What's Stopping Me:
Me, it's all me and I've known that for years...I focus so much on how awful the world is, how much in turmoil we've become, that I push all my anguish on the people around me...If I could stop myself from blaming all of the world's trouble on the world's ignorance, and start myself thinking in terms of helping, maybe I'd find someone willing to listen..
Texas:
I live in Arlington(DFW area), the city is growing and gaining in value now that the gigantic Cowboys Stadium was built down the street. But, in terms of my state..We are one of the last state's left with employment opportunities, with land, with not only the chance to survive these times of hardship, but live happily through them..
Jack:
I like when he's about to have his leg sliced open by Bren and he confesses his love tfor angela, I love when he gets all flaberghasted when he gets to work with the hot bug and slime chick haha, I love when he's drinking egg nog then has to get all hot and steamy with zack, i love Jack!
word count: 390
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

So it has taken me forever to do this.. partially cos I really had to think about it and partially cos I am usually doing 15 other things while on here. But I am able to take a moment tonight and breathe (important!!) and think (also important) and do some answering.

1.) Greatest desire.
To hear God say to me: Well done, My good and faithful servant!

2.) Biggest Fear.
falling into depression so bad I can't get back out of it.
Right now, it seems like that is one of the furthest things from happening, but last time.. things were good until suddenly they weren't. It truly scares me to think that I have such little control over my emotional/mental state.

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them?!!!!
6 months ago I stopped those stopping me from stopping me anymore!
Amazing feeling of freedom and joy and just HAPPY.
and I haven't looked back.
My goal is to finish my degree and then go into post-grad study so I can work as a chaplain for families with children with disabilities.

I live in northwest sydney, australia. We often call ourselves the lucky country.. and after the reading through others posts, I consider us to be VERY much in the category of blessed. While much of the world entered recession over the past two years, we did not. Sure things slowed down, got a little bumpy, but we never entered recession. The major situation right now is that we are headed into an election, in just under two weeks time. The major campaign points are: asylum seekers, health, national broadband network, educational reforms, workplace reforms and economy. Personally I would love to know what each of the candidates feel about disability services. But that won't come up - its not considered to be a votable policy.

I'll give my top bunch - cos 1 moment is not enough
In no particular order:
- aliens in spaceship (entire episode)
- giving ange the rose at the end of boy in the shroud. (GAHHHH)
- vibrating with excitement over 'JFK' in Proof in pudding
- Pg 187 discussion with Ange ('You'll never get rid of me!' - Haa)
- The two times we see him visit Sweets (hating everyone and about wendell)
- Everytime he is with Zach.

Llama
word count: 426

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

HI!

...new to the site, so I assume this is the introductions thread? I've been a huge fan of TJ's since about (not kidding!) June-ish, when my brother's TJ-love rubbed off on me by way of us both renting DVD's of Bones and watching until we fell asleep.

Now on to the questions, right?

Greatest Desire?

Okay, that's a tough one. Hmmm, probably just to be in total control of my life and most of what was going on around me. As in, knowing where I was and where I was going, etc., not the craziness of trying to rule the universe! (though...that could go second on the list! :P ) I don't have an issue going with the flow, but it would be nice to know where the flow ends up, LOL.

Greatest Fear?

Why are these questions so hard?! I think that my greatest fear would probably be being unable to deal with a huge life change in the "correct" way. If we moved to a differet city tommorrow, would I be compelled to act differently? Family member dies...how sad am I supposed to be/not be? Little stuff like that freaks me out, but in terms of "normal" fears, I have a bit of an irrational one of centipedes, worms, and wriggly creatures in general. I don't know why, but I'm fine with the other bugs!

Is there something stopping you from acheiving your greatest goals and if so why?

Huh...I gotta say, you must all be some really deep people! That's great! The only things stopping me from my goal of the moment are...sadly, my own excuses and terrible time management skills. I'm lucky to have an incredibly supportive family, but whenever I put my mind to something, I have a tough time keeping it there, you know?

Where do you live and what's you current state of affairs these days?

CALGARY, AB, CANADA! *insert cheers here* Home of the Stampede? Anybody heard of us? No? That's still cool. :lol:
The weather here is absolutely insane, as in it can literally be snowing in the morning and be warm enough for shorts and a tank top by three-thirty in the afternoon. Living with my older brother is better than I'd thought it would be, so I'm a pretty happy girl, yes sir!

What is your favorite JACK moment on Bones?

ALL of his experiments! Too many of them to list! I just love the neurotic sort of glee he seems to get from tracing these wild, insane, things through from effect (usually the conditions of the body/crime scene) back to cause and process ( how it happened). It's awesome that on a show like Bones, he's got so many oppurtunities to do that, too.

Secondly, I LOVE Hodgins and Angela together. Angela's one of my favorite characters, and everything Jack does for her shows off his more romantic side, as well as always makes me wonder who makes guys like that and where can I get one? :lol:

Well, looks like that's it. I am looking forward to hanging out on here, though. Just from the questions and the answers you guys have, I'm thinking you're all very deep, intelligent and eloquent people.

Prove me right? :)
word count: 563

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Lol!
..or.......wrong.......

SirRose! Welcome!
We may have all had to dig into the depths to answer TJ's typically incisive questions, but we do have our fun side too :) :)

This is not in fact the regular intro thread. This is the thread for answering the questions TJ has asked all of us, and man, it takes some courage to leap in here first! Go to the Welcome forum and there you will find the regular intro thread plus the Sofa, which is where we go to share in more detail. Warmest welcomes again and hope we see more of you soon.

Steph

PS I have to say, this is a great first post.
word count: 114

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

Awww! Well, sometimes it pays to be wrong, trust me, no one got anywhere being totally perfect! :mrgreen:

I'll check out the Welcome Board right away, and thanks for saying that you enjoyed my first post! I'm loving you guys' posts too!
word count: 43

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

*runs to sofa and tries to cover up all evidence of roll throwing so Cassie continues to think we are deep, intelligent, and eloquent. ;)

Oh and I know what the Stampede is ;)
word count: 32
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*nods very seriously* Yes, indeed. :geek: We are eloquent, intelligent, completely deep and serious people here on TjThyne.com.

:teasing-tease:

Wait -- what was the question?

:mrgreen:

Welcome to the chaos and fun, everybody! Join in! :text-woo:
word count: 32
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

WHOOO!

Show me to the mosh pit, please!
word count: 8

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Right this way madame *guides to Offtopic sofa time* :music-rockout: :music-rockon: :music-listening: :music-guitarred:

See, there's the mosh, and there's the pit :]
*kicks roll under couch*
Excuse the mess :D
*helps clean up*
:chores-vacuum:
:shifty:
word count: 29
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne