How did you become a fan of TJ/Bones??

General TJ stuff
~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Re: How did you become a fan of TJ/Bones??

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

@freedom Why don’t you come to the chat on Sunday 10am U.S time then you’ll be able to ask him that yourself. It’s a great question which I don’t think has been asked before. Just go here http://tjthyne.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=394 and let Steph know you’d like to ask a question.

Ali :D
word count: 64

thais_christ
Fan

Post by thais_christ »

I gotta admit that I fell in love with TJ since I saw him in Friends...haha

But, seriously now, I became a huge fan of his since I watched the Pilot of Bones, which leads us to January 3rd, 2010.
TJ is a very malleable actor. He fits into so many characters and always execute an amazing performance. He is perfect, that's all I can say. Also, I love his voice and his laughter. Tj is so cute. I think he is an actor that is really interested in his fans' life. That's why he keeps coming here and talking with us over Twitter. He is the best idol someone could have.

Hum... About Bones. Well, when I was 11 I watched the first episode, but as it was dubbed in Portuguese (It annoys me profoundly, because the dubbers always pronounce the characters' name badly, mainly, Hodgins, cause in Portuguese G has a different sound.) and I was such a kiddo, I didn't continue to watch. However, this year, a friend of mine, lent me all the boxes of Bones and I was able to watch them all in two weeks. I've always been interested in this whole scientific and forensic area, yet, Bones means a lot to me now. I don't know why, but I gotta thank God for this, cause Bones brought me a lot of new friends and, from now, I think that I can live a day without talking about Bones with someone or without speculating what Hart Hanson could be preparing for us.

I think this is it. My whole falling in love with TJ and Bones experience.
word count: 279

freedom
Fan

Post by freedom »

I guess my funny moments with Bones have to include Dr Hodgins blowing up the lab in a variety of different ways!
As well as knocking himself out with numbchucks still creaks me up everytime I hear/see it, yet there is an ouch to it :lol:
word count: 46

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I think I can understand that, freedom. Every time I see the scene where Zack punches Jack in the nose, I can't seem to help myself from laughing. Though I also find myself reaching for my own nose in sympathy to Hodgins, every single time.

It's just so unexpected of Zack to do that! And I love how Hodgins actually looks a little impressed, even as he's holding his bloody nose. *chuckles* He did provoke the poor kid, after all! :D
word count: 83

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I'm always impressed at how unfazed Hodgins is by that. Such a tough guy, a bloody nose hardly gives him pause.
word count: 22

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh he's probably just used to being physically reminded what a pain in the butt he can be. :lol:
word count: 19
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

so I became a fan of Bones whenever it first aired here in australia. I have no idea when that actually was. I had bible study on that night so I often missed it... and the station that airs it was very unreliable and often played repeats over new episodes. For that reason, I thought that Angela's (ex) husband was in it for a lot longer then the double episode he featured in.
THEN...
I was given Season 1-4 on DVD for christmas two years ago and then got sick on that evening with the flu and was stuck laying on the couch for the next week. I managed to devour season 1-3 in that time and much of season four as well. I discovered that I had missed a stupid amount of the show... and had pretty much seen season 1 about six times without even realising it. AND that there was this beautiful man with amazing eyes and unruly hair.. I searched him .. found this lovely site and the rest is history.

:-)

Llama
word count: 178

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

I'm surprised I never answered this one...I've actually watched Bones since day 1. I think I saw the previews for it during House or something and thought it looked good. I was intrigued enough by the first episode to give it a series recording. I thought it hit its stride a few episodes in, and I was sunk by the Christmas episode. Always liked Hodgins/TJ, but it wasn't until my divorce when I found myself with some extra time on my hands that I went exploring on the internet and found the site. (I actually thought he was Eric Millegan and vice versa-because of how the intro was done-until I bothered to actually look them up halfway through the 1st season) I didn't have cable for most of season 4 and half of 5 but it was the only show I kept up with.

That "I'm your guy" speech is about what did me in for good though. :romance-inlove:

And then there's Validation, the interviews... *sigh*
word count: 175
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yeah, sometimes they just hit on a line that sums him up and you go "Aaaaawwww".

I had that problem with the first season titles too. At first glance I honestly thought TJ was Emily!! I'd entirely forgotten seeing her for the first time; that neat cameo in 'Spider-Man' (when I was having a brief Tobey Maguire thing, now long past).
word count: 63

losersaxplayer
Fan

Post by losersaxplayer »

Netflix said I'd like it. *shrugs*
word count: 7
"Never, Never, Never Quit" - Winston Churchill

kimizcute

Post by kimizcute »

Well, I was at the gym and saw a preview on the gym tv and thought, ooh, that looks like it could be awesome, this was about 4 months ago... so I jumped on netflix and had a bones marathon and it was so good, I couldn't stop watching. But out of all the characters, I like TJ's Character the best, he's such a ham, and I love it!
word count: 72

FishFlyingBy
Fan

Post by FishFlyingBy »

One night I was checking online for the newest TV-Shows on Swiss/German television, and Bones was listed. I read the summary and a few days later watched my first episode on TV, which was "The Man With The Bone". I loved it right away. That's how I became a fan of Bones.

I always loved the character of Jack Hodgins and once I got the DVD and watched the specials with all the interviews and such, I became to notice what a nice, decent and funny guy TJ is.

I got a go now and pick up the screen door, which was torn off by the storm outside while I was writing. :eusa-shifty:
word count: 115

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I've always been a fan of Angel, and I kept seeing the commercials for Bones with David, but I just never got around to watching it until recently when I finally signed up for Netflix. After watching all 6 seasons of Lost (which I loved!!) I needed a new show to become addicted to, so I decided to start watching Bones and was immediately hooked. My daughter and I have watched all 7 seasons in about the last 6 weeks, so I'm a VERY recent fan. I wish I would've started watching it when it first came on! And of course, my favorite character shifted from Booth to Zach and Hodgins. I still wish Zach was on the show, or at least they could bring him back every once in a while. But Hodgins is by far my favorite character, I fell in love with him the same time Angela did. :romance-inlove: :icon-lol:
word count: 154
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

ooooooh I found another Thread to post on ;) HAHA!!!

Okay So I don't even remember exactly when I became a TJ Fan LOL. So I became a HUGE Emily Fan first (like if u know me that's obvioud lol) and I think I was watching a Emily and than DB interview at a FOX event? I think? And TJ walked pass as they were interviewing DB and said something Funny and I was like "WOW That Dude is pretty Funny" so I started watching TJ Interviews and I just fell in love with the Dude. Actually I think it was his Musical taste that reeled me in first LOL. (I come from a Music Loving Family, grew up on Old Skool As Music lol) Anyway I just kept watching Vids and Loved how Genuine he is, than watched his movies and I saw how Talented he is :) And yeah I think that's how I started being a HUGE Fan of his lol.
word count: 165

Stanze87
Fan

Post by Stanze87 »

Thanks to my sister, I love the series of bones. At that time, the third season was sent in German television (2008). Since then, I'm also a fan of TJ. Now I have all seasons on DVD and can't get enough of bones. Hodgins is my absolute favorite character :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 51

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

I first saw him in an episode of Charmed 'Once In a Blue Moon', where I thought his character was funny and unique, especially for the character he was playing. Then I got into Bones (due to my undying love of David Boreanaz in Buffy & Angel), when I totally fell in love with his character. Now I have David & TJ to look forward to when Bones comes on, it's fab! I watch Bones all the time because Hodgins always makes me feel so much better in myself - Hodgins has anger management issues and I have severe depression. Thankyou to TJ for being there for me as Hodgins when I needed you.
word count: 112
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

ThyneAlone wrote: At first glance I honestly thought TJ was Emily!!
Oh my god, I'm glad I wasn't the only one!!
word count: 23

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Nope. Me too. :)
word count: 3

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

Haha when I finally looked it up I thought it was so silly of me!
word count: 15

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, they should watch what they're doing with their credits, is all I can say!
word count: 16