Site Development and Issues

General TJ stuff
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Site Development and Issues

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sent off another email to management hoping against hope that it gets to someone out there. I am depressed for TJ that he is not being properly promoted and that there doesn't seem to be someone around to pass on the supporters' ideas and offers.

However, coming on here always cheers me instantly because I have such intelligence, wit, enthusiasm and warmth to look forward to. So I'm sticking with you guys, don't worry. Sometimes it has been a close call, though; I get so frustrated I just think 'I'm out of here!' And then I think about you lot and change my mind :)

Lovely to hear from you girls.

Steph x
word count: 116
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

What happened to Karen? Wasn't there someone by that name who was coming in to take over?

Is there anything we can do to jump in and assist? I mean, obviously TJ must want to keep some level of control over his own site, and I'm no expert with computers... but I can learn more and -- if shown how -- I can certainly update a site here and there. Anything to help promote a talented actor whose work I appreciate.

And really, TJ's site should be updated more than it has been. How long has it been now? Six, almost seven months?

What can we do, TJ? Just let us know! Communication here -- just like in acting, heh -- is key. :D

Steph, I'm so glad you haven't left. We need you! We adore you. *hugs*
word count: 138

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:

Steph, I'm so glad you haven't left. We need you! We adore you. *hugs*
Hear hear!! Thank you for sticking with us, Steph! We're in it for the long haul, too. As Sherry said, the cosmos has a way of bringing us into each others' orbit -- and sometimes in the ways we least expect.

Now my inner Hodgins is kicking in...I'm thinking we just take over. If a certain soul man wants his site back, he'll have to mud wrestle us for it! :lol: :lol:
word count: 91
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

late_heart wrote:Now my inner Hodgins is kicking in...I'm thinking we just take over. If a certain soul man wants his site back, he'll have to mud wrestle us for it! :lol: :lol:
*laughing uproariously*

Oh my god... the very image of mud-wrestling with Jack Hodgins. *wipes eyes, still laughing* Hey, if it helps get this site moving and promotes TJ's work.

Then again, I don't know... I've seen his muscles in Man in the Fallout Shelter. I think he could take us. :mrgreen:
word count: 89

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yeah Steph, I am glad that you still here, too! You're the best! Hang in there!

I talked to a friend yesterday who said she don't want to use the internet anymore, and I said to her that I couldn't do that, because I couldn't imagine not talking to you guys anymore! :)

Let's hope it will get better. Steph, should we write to Karen, too?

Simone
word count: 71
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thanks for all the support, everyone. It is deeply appreciated. I have sent off more messages. I've actually just stopped by the homepage and it looks weird, no content changes but it seems like someone has been messing with the formatting, so could this be a light at the end of the tunnel??
word count: 54

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

That would be great!
word count: 4

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

*mournful headshake*
No, back to normal now..
word count: 7

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm putting this announcement in Site Ideas and Site Issues to draw your full attention. TJ has asked us almost to do a takeover here and become 'management team' ourselves. This may or may not involve a site redesign. Either way, you have an unprecedented opportunity to express what you don't like and do like on the main site and the forums. I will be looking at these threads before I hand over our ideas to TJ. So come on - what do you want? :) *ducks and runs for cover as the avalanche commences*
word count: 95

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Based on what you've told me so far, I can tell that the "New" site is going to be great! I love the idea of the personal TJ page. I would like to suggest a list of TJ's favorite thnigs.
Fave food, drink, music, quotes from films etc.
That sort of thing would be interesting i think. :D

Another of my ideas is, we could have a random section, where we have a list of totally random stuff like...ermmm....his favorite advert/commercial at the moment, the most stupid thing he has ever asked or said to anyone.
Things like that, that will be fun for him to be asked, and for us to read. :D

let me know what you think please.
xx
word count: 125
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Ellen! Thanks for the ideas! We'll see if some of that can be added on to the new stuff.
word count: 21
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I have a request for all of you. I put videos on the homepage, and they SHOULD appear on the left of the screen, next to the new photo I just posted. It should have the option to watch 2 videos, one is the Cars.com ad, and the second is clips from Bones. Could you all check to see if you can see them and if they work, and report to me here whether they work or not (please let me know either way) and what browser you use (IE, Safari, Firefox...etc). Thanks!

Sharon
word count: 96
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Just reinforcing. As Sharon knows, mine looks and works fine; it's IE. Please let us know.
word count: 17

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi Sharon, Steph

I use IE and mine's working fine. Btw the home page is looking cool, especially the main photo I know everyone says this but TJ does have the most fabulous eyes. Just a tiny off topic comment for Steph 'Come on you Reds!'

Jude x
word count: 49

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

*shakes head*
Though last week's débacle isn't very encouraging. Some very rude words from my spouse and offspring.

And then there are the Blues...TJ's eyes of course.
Yes, I think this homepage is definitely a keeper, well done a million times over to Sharon.

(see that segue back onto topic? How good am I?? LOL)
word count: 60

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Both videos are working fine on my computer, Sharon. I use Firefox! And the Validation link is working again, too.

And may I also say: OMG - that new picture TJ sent... I love it!!! :!: :)

Simone
word count: 35

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK is anyone having the same frustrations as I am with the smilies?

The originals all work for me. However, when I open the 'view more' smilies window, and try to enter the more complex ones, nothing registers. Nothing at all. I have tried all kinds of combinations and clicks. It's really frustrating when I see others using them so effectively! Any ideas on this one? Is it worth mentioning to Ben? Or is it just to do with the way my PC and internet access is set up? Something that doesn't work properly in IE but does in Firefox? Please help!
word count: 104

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Rebecca, I wonder if your computer is treating it like a pop-up and not allowing it to open? Especially if you have preventative measures in place that stop extra windows from opening?

Sometimes when I click on 'view more smilies' a box opens up but it takes a while for the smilies to begin loading, but otherwise I haven't had a problem yet.
word count: 65

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Rebecca, I have found that if I try to use one of the smilies before the WHOLE page of them loads, that I get nothing in my message either. So I open the view more smilies page and let it load while finishing my message, and then I go back and insert the smilies I need when the page has loaded. You might want to try letting the whole page load and see if that is the problem. :P :twocents-mytwocents:

Sharon
word count: 79

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

That's Steph not Rebecca, Sherry and Sharon!

Buuut... yeah. It opens up fine. It loads fine. I do wait, honest.. It just won't transfer the appropriate symbol to the box I'm working in. Instead, it simply hides the window as if I'd shrunk it. I tell a lie, it's done it maybe once in all the times I've tried, and I didn't do anything 'different' on that occasion. Bizarre. :?: :angry-screaming:

Ah, now you see the mystery? It did it just then! And I don't know why!!

:angry-tappingfoot:

Oh now it's messing with my mind. :confusion-helpsos:

*shrug* Just keep trying then. :crying-green:
word count: 106