TJThyne.com presents...

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
Skye
Fan

Re: TJThyne.com presents...

Post by Skye »

Wow!!! Wow!!!! Im really excited now!! This is a really good idea because it gives us chance to say "hi"!! :D :D
word count: 20

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

Skye wrote:Wow!!! Wow!!!! Im really excited now!! This is a really good idea because it gives us chance to say "hi"!! :D :D
I agree Skye it should be lots of fun. I just hope I'm awake and coherent lol
word count: 40

thayanne
Fan

Post by thayanne »

wow Guys this sounds amazing!! TJ is the best for taking some time with us !! ...so are you for making this! :D

Will be here all day
word count: 26
"The biggest regret of my life is I didn't stop you "

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi everyone, I have another request for the chat, that when you post on the chat if you have huge signatures, that you please uncheck the option to attach a signature. It messes with the size of the board when the sigs are too big, and it'd be easier for TJ to read if he doesn't have all those big sigs (LIKE MINE) flashing at him. LOL

Thanks!
Sharon
word count: 71

marissa18
Fan

Post by marissa18 »

I'm soo upset right now, I didn't know this was going on today until like the very last minute so I wasn't able to ask a question/talk to tj :( Hopefully next time I can partake in the conversation
word count: 42

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sorry you missed it marissa. We'll see about whether there will be more. This was a trial, it all depends on what TJ thought of it, and whether we think it is going to continue to work.

Sharon
word count: 39
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK folks, the trial chat/Q&A session is over and we need to know what we can do to improve things when we have another one. Please leave your suggestions here and tell us what you liked and didn't! You know we will always listen to you! -you were all so good.
word count: 54
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

:twocents-02cents:

I thought it went great especially for the first time out and really did not have any problems with it. I humbly offer a couple suggestions, etc.

--By the way TJ sounded in one of his last posts, he probably did answer all the questions but they got lost because of that extra "view" step that appears when a lot of people are posting at once. If he gets a heads up about that (and I think Sharon is already on top of that) I'm sure it will be fine.

--Since there will likely be more here next time, maybe have an honor system that if your question was answered this time, don't ask one the next time until he's gotten through some others' questions. We know who we are! This might bring a lot of people to the site and would hate to see them frustrated and leave because the same people are asking over and over. Besides, I found everyone else's questions way more interesting than mine!

--Maybe copy the "rules" as the 1st post in the thread so they are easily seen by people coming in at the last minute. Just regarding the stuff like direct comments/replies to TJ's posts are fine, but don't chat with each other in the thread. There really wasn't a lot of that though. The chat box was lots of fun yesterday.

--Here's an idea to help with traffic/slowness of the boards. If you don't have a question for him and plan to just read/observe anyway--wait until later and read the thread?? The only prob would be if you think of a question based on something he says, you wouldn't be able to ask it, but there wasn't a lot of time for 2nd/followup questions anyway. Truthfully, I should have just submitted mine and got to work instead of just sitting here refreshing the page for almost 3 hours. I mean I know it's fun to see immediately, but it might help.

--Also, I think the forum thread is the lesser of evils, because you can control it here. The chat box is too small and his replies too wonderfully long in detail. There are just too many random people on FB and Twitter to do it there.

OH wait a sec----Maybe have the questions ASKED in the chat box and have him REPLY in the thread? I noticed he pasted in the question with this reply, so we'll know what he is answering. This way he can see the questions on one side of his screen while seeing the board at the same time. Since the chatbox doesn't automatically refresh unless until you submit something or hit refresh it might help him keep track of where he is at. If he is the only one posting in the forum he won't have to deal with that posting glitch. We wouldn't be able to have our fun breakfast conversation, and this might confuse the heck out of some people but thought I'd throw it out there. :? :think:

Love to you all, Ang :D
word count: 532
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Good ideas, Ang. :D Not sure about that last one, though. If we're only allowed to post questions in the cbox, we wouldn't have anything to keep us occupied while waiting for responses. The cbox interaction was half of the fun yesterday, imo, with so many people hanging out, interacting, & having a good time. :dance: It'd be a bummer not to have that next time.

I think it went wonderfully well for a first try. It was a lot of fun, & as long as TJ's aware of the posting glitch (& is still willing to come back again :mrgreen: ), I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work out pretty much as is. Perhaps, the MODs can go ahead & post the questions that didn't get answered last time when they start the new thread, & then once he has answered those, let us know that the floor is open for us to each post our new question. I do think it's better if we stick to a limit of one question per person per event.

Overall, it was great, & I just wanna thank TJ & our fearless leaders again for their time & effort. You guys are the best. :clap:
word count: 200
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Perhaps, the MODs can go ahead & post the questions that didn't get answered last time when they start the new thread, & then once he has answered those, let us know that the floor is open for us to each post our new question.
That's a good idea, jade! :D

Yeah, I know that last one would have its own set of issues too, LOL.
word count: 65
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

Yesterday was a blast. :) I have a couple suggestions. I know that a lot of us like to post in colors, but maybe during the chats we could have different colors mean different things. Maybe green or something for a question since Hodgins is all about blue, green and browns, lol, maybe red or some other bright color for TJ's responses, another color for Steph and Sharon, and maybe plain black and white if someone wanted to comment that way people know what's what. When I was part of a different board and the musician was on stage we would cellcert, people letting others listen on their cells and type in red what was going on on stage. It was a lot easier to read because it stood out from the other stuff. I know it looks like a lot, but it really would only be one color that anyone would have to remember.
And my last suggestion is using the quote option. :) I know it was suggested in the cbox but it would be really nice. :)
word count: 179

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

TJ will be taught how to use the quote option, and he'll be told about the post thing where you have to hit submit again if someone else posted something before he finished writing. Honestly, I thought of a lot of things but those two didn't even cross my mind until I saw him copying the questions and then when he said he thought he answered something and it didn't post. So, good we know now. :)
word count: 79
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Ooo, I like the color idea, that'd probably make it a little easier for TJ to pinpoint the questions from our immense ramblings lol..Well, maybe he wouldn't have to use color, just us haha
word count: 37
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Eli
Fan

Post by Eli »

I kinda miss the train for the chat.
It happens during my busy week and terrible weekend.
I hope there will be another session for the chat.
word count: 27

marissa18
Fan

Post by marissa18 »

One suggestion I have is that maybe we could get e-mail alerts of when the next chat is going to be, because I know at least for me I'm not always able to go on tjthyne.com but I always check my e-mail even if it is for like 5 minutes.
word count: 54

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

That might be a bit impractical and longwinded to do for everyone! We're considering alerts elsewhere..
word count: 17
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Yea, there are like 300+ members here, that's A LOT of emailing to do..
word count: 15
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I don't know how complex it may be to set up something like a site email system sort of thing, but is it possible to send out a mass email to all site members? I wouldn't think you'd have to do it one by one. Once you set up everyone as a 'group,' I'd think one email would be all it took. *shrugs, uncertain*
word count: 68

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Yes, Sherry we could do that.

My problem with it is that other than that first chat, which was very short notice, most of the chats I HOPE will be announced more than a week in advance (or a week at the very least), and since these chats are meant to encourage participation (or at least that is part of the reasoning behind it), sending out an e-mail to those that don't have time to come to the site is just encouraging people to become members and then show up only on CHAT days.

That is my thinking behind it anyway. We will discuss different ways to announce the chat though, including the e-mail suggestion.

Sharon
word count: 119

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Excellent point.

And I'm not saying we/you should do a mass email thing; I was just pointing out that if you did, I didn't think you'd have to do it one by one. Doing it that way would be too time-consuming. :D

I have no doubt you, TJ and Steph will come up with some excellent ways to make it known to all of us that you're having another chat. I hope TJ had fun with this past Saturday's event.
word count: 86