Site Ideas And Preferences Thread

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Site Ideas Thread

Post by TJ4ever »

...drumroll......optional! guess it was season 4 "Man in the Outhouse"?
...ok, now you talk! season 2 "The Girl with the Curl"

And of course the one in my signature from season 1 "The Graft in the Girl"

Three of my favourite quotes from Hodgins that came immediately to my mind. Will think of some more!

Colours? I love orange! Maybe a light orange background and some a bit darker front colours for the posts? Don't like a unified scheme. Light to choose my own colour.

Simone
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 88
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, forgot to mention - really looking forward to the new pictures! How great! :D

Simone
word count: 14

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

ThyneAlone wrote:We still need more colour thoughts. Anything we do to the main site will of course be used here as well, and we are not just talking background. Font colours in posts? Titles? Navigation bar? Do you prefer exciting colour clashes or a unified scheme? Specifics, people. This is one of the most concrete ways you can help.

I don't know if anything I previously sent has been helpful in nudging you in any particular direction?

I think I'd need to see some of the experiments, first, before I can get specific about what I like or don't like. I like balance and unified themes, but I also think 'exciting colour clashes' could be interesting, of course, depending on the colors. Once I see it, I'll be able to say for sure "Yes, absolutely, gorgeous!" or "No, it's not working for me."

What exactly do you mean when you say Navigation Bar? Different than the headers TJ currently has (ie, Home, Press, Talk, Gallery, Videos, Bio, Resume, and Contact)? Understanding that might help me to answer better.

I'm not sure I'm helping. *sheepish grin*

Hmm.

I'd love to see some blues and yellows -- they're bright and fun, like TJ seems to be -- but I'm open to seeing all sorts of color combinations. Has TJ expressed what his favorite colors are? I admit, I haven't a clue.

ThyneAlone wrote:Sharon is looking for quotes to put up on the main page and maybe others as well. Anyone got favourite TJ or Hodgins quotes?

One that immediately popped into my head as I was typing this message was one that always cracks me up because of TJ's delivery of the line: "Is it paranoia that Monica Lewinsky was a KGB-trained sex mole?"

*GRIN*

Also, "You really think I'm lusty?" ;)

And...

HODGINS: In a nutshell: anxious, depressed and nauseous.
BRENNAN: Take a sick day.
HODGINS: Not me. [The victim] Cleo Eller.

And one of my personal favorites, given the intensity with which he says it, and the way it illuminates the character in a way we hadn't yet seen in Hodgins:

BOOTH: Just give me your best guess right now!
HODGINS: I can't just guess! I have a process!

Of course, anything he says to Angela is marvelous, especially in Girl With A Curl.

Otherwise, I think I need to revisit my DVDs for my favorite Hodgins quotes; it's been a while since I've watched the entire series from the beginning. This is fun! Let me get back to you with more! :mrgreen: In the meantime, I see Simone has listed some terrific ones.

And I will borrow from the wonderful Willowwood for a terrific TJ quote. This comes from her LJ site:

"I say fall. Fall hard. Fall in love with whomever that person is, wherever they are -- office, grocery store, wherever. It hurts. For sure it hurts not to be loved in return, but it's love, right? It’s worth it. Especially when it works out. In my mind, it is absolutely, unquestionably worth the attempt to just... see."

I thought that was a particularly romantic yet inspiring quote. :D

And this is a good quote from that interview he had in the Men's Fitness magazine (found as a link in the Press section of this site), regarding TJ's thoughts regarding his Bones series:

"The draw has always been the characters. This is a show that takes place in the world of forensics, like other shows, but ultimately you watch this show for the characters. It’s like Indiana Jones, who’s an anthropologist, but ultimately you watch it because of his character, not his job. They’re fun to watch. Also, I think the show has an excellent blend of humor with drama. There’s this fine line between the fantastical and reality, and a lot of wit."

From that same article, I was particularly tickled with this quote, about what his fans are like: "I got to interact with some fans, and I love when I get to talk to them. It’s like that first time you meet someone and you realize you have the same taste in music. It’s fun to sit with audience members and pick their brains to see what their opinions on where the show is going or my character is going are. They are the ticket buyers, so to speak."

ThyneAlone wrote:Here's some encouragement; TJ is going to do yet another exclusive photo shoot for us (squee!). He's obviously thinking hard about what we want - let's do likewise.

Wow. He had such a variety, such a colorful range of photographs in the last shoot, that I'll be very excited to see what he comes up with next. Have fun, TJ!

Thanks for the news, Steph! It's great to know things are starting to stir up again around here. :D
word count: 833
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sherry, I'm going to jump in here and answer your question about the navigation bar. Because of the scope of the site, for now, the actual link titles will not change with one exception, a TJ area. And that title hasn't been decided yet, though TJ did send some suggestions today, one of which is really cute. I need to send it to Steph and Rebecca and see what they think. Anyway, thats just a hint into what is coming. So after all that, to answer your actual question, we are talking about the bar at the top, which is currently blue, and that can and will change (I'm hoping to make it bigger, as per your request). So, we are talking color of that, and the color of the text links themselves, as well as what happens when you mouseover it.

Some of these things MIGHT be based on what we choose as a header, but I've requested some of those from late_heart and I'm waiting on that. Then we have to see if it is approved. If someone else would like to make a header, I'm willing to look at those, then send them on to Steph and Rebecca as well. Just send them in a PM to me please, don't put them on here.

Text colors for the message board, we aren't talking about what color you choose because that shouldn't change. It will always be an option for you to pick your color. But then, text colors on the site will match text colors on the board. We are talking the headers, footers, each of the sections (Bones, TJ Talks, Welcome...etc). If we go to a light background, it obviously can't stay white or we'll all get a headache. So when we talk colors, please think of the overall look of the site.

Thanks for the quotes, Simone and Sherry, very good. Its still up in the air how that is going to be incorporated, but ALL suggestions are being considered so everyone I love hearing the ideas. :)

Sharon
word count: 356
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Oh, TJ hasn't said what his favorite colors are, I don't think he's that worried about what we choose. He feels that part of it is up to us, though I think if he doesn't like it, he'll definitely say. He doesn't like pretty.

Ah, and also, it is possible to put a background with a pattern on it on the site, either all the way through, or just on the edges as those are two separate settings.
word count: 84
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

So, today TJ asked about the bio/resume pages. While I told him he needs to keep his resume what he needs it to be, the bio is a different story. I know some comments were made about the bio being a bit "dull", because it was stuff you could read anywhere and I'd find out what people would like to see. So what sort of things do you think should be in the bio? Keeping in mind he does need pieces of this site to be about his professional life and promoting himself along those lines, AND the fact that we WILL have a page more personal to TJ. So, bio ideas? Pleassssssse.

Sharon
word count: 116

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

I know I'm a new girl and maybe a bit cheeky making suggestions already but I had a small idea (don't know if it's been suggested before). I was thinking that maybe TJ could do a very occasional diary entry (he's a busy man obviously so couldn't be very often). I'm not talking anything personal but it would be quite cool to get some first hand knowledge of what goes on, on set or at photoshoots etc. Could be something short but sweet with maybe some funny anecdotal stuff.
Just a thought

Jude x
word count: 100

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Jude,

Please feel free to tell us ANY ideas you have, we don't care if you are new. Not cheeky at all. :) Just to let you know, there WILL be something similar to what you suggested, though probably not quite a diary form. Some of it is somewhat personal as well. We just need time to get it started.

And, this weekend you'll all probably notice some color changes on the main site. I'll be playing with things, and would love to know what you think as things are done. I'm not sure that the colors changes across the board (site & message boards) but once we decide what we want, they'll be set for the boards as well.

Sharon
word count: 125

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Jude40 wrote:I know I'm a new girl and maybe a bit cheeky making suggestions already
Of course not! Often the best ideas come from new arrivals ... and this is a really good one. Which is why we have already been throwing suggestions round as to how this site can be TJ-personal and exclusive without intruding too much on our man's extraordinarily packed schedule. We think we are going to produce a new page that will please you. Keep making those suggestions. As I say and as Sharon says - every thought is really welcome!
word count: 97
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

So over on the home page, I've set up a "look" for the site. This is just one of a few tests I'll be doing. But anyone who happens to see the homepage, could you post your thoughts here?

Sharon
word count: 42

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Looks really great, Sharon. I have to admit it is not my favourite picture of him and purple is not my favourite colour, but both fits great and it looks great as a welcome page! I really like it! Much better than the dark background!
Simone
word count: 46

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oops, purple was my idea, though I haven't looked at all the different possibilities yet. I fancied some blue and I thought purple went well with it. I have been considering some golden yellow to offset it, and Sharon will be getting a few of my suggestions at the weekend. But the whole point is that this is a forum and you lot should be having your say too.

Incidentally, must thank late_heart for the classy selection of headers she sent, they look stunning, and the photo that is currently up is just one of them (and by the by - it is one of my favourites!!). Annie, you are a Pearl Beyond Price, do keep helping.
word count: 118

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

upps, sorry Steph! Purple is just not my colour. Funny because I was once a big, big fan of the Phoenix Suns and still have some shorts and T-Shirts in purple because of this. :) But they also have orange in it! :wink:
But I really like the new look! It's already a little different again than this morning. Really great!
Simone
word count: 62

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Thanks Simone, yes, it has changed since this morning. This isn't necessarily the final choice, I'm just trying things out and letting everyone see them so we can have ideas about what everyone likes. I'll be changing things throughout the weekend, so definitely let us know what you think! I've found out that there is still a problem with the videos, working on that.

I'm hoping everyone that comes to the boards will notice the changes and comment. As Steph said, its important you all have your say as well.

Sharon
word count: 96

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Still looks great but you've taken the blue off and I liked that! I don't know if I'm quite easy about that sort of peaches and custard combination in the side boxes. Hmmm. I'll see if it grows on me at all.
word count: 46

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ok Steph. I just thought there was too much blue/purple going on. Not sure about the salmon headers either, was just taking colors from the header and trying them out. I tried yellow but it was too bright.
word count: 39

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Just dipping into the site whilst watching Arsenal beat Manchester Utd with a smile on my face (unless you're British and a football fan you probably won't get the significance but lets just say that Man Utd are not my favourite team!)
Anyway, I digress, just wanted to say love the home page, the photo is fab, TJ has got really hypnotic eyes!
word count: 65

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I know exactly what you mean, Jude; although currently on the PC in another room, son no.2 and hubby are watching it in the living room and I am getting a gratifying running commentary. I hear Rinaldo missed a sitter earlier, probably still sulking. :) :) :) Come on the Gunners.
word count: 49

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oops, so busy talking footie I forgot my original intended posting.

One of the changes I have requested on the boards is a title system whereby members receive custom titles for 100, 500, 1000 and 2000+ posts. The Fan/Superfan business is just inadequate. I would like these titles to be fun and TJ-centred so am trawling for suggestions. Any thoughts (and Bug Man is already noted, by the way)?
word count: 71

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

A couple of ideas though not particularly good ones got a bit stressed when Man Utd scored and six minutes of added time what was that all about! Still worked out in the end.
Mostly Bones related ideas as that's where I know TJ from. I thought something around the whole 'dude' phrase and maybe somthing 'intern' related would be topical. (Talking of which, thought the whole Daisy Wick, broken skull, Hodgins 'bummer' response was really funny this week). Maybe something like 'TJ Junkie' playing on the 'Theatre Junkies' theme.
Anyway onwards to the Reds match now usually go but a bit poorly sick full of cold and coughing for England Oh Happy Day!
word count: 115