Favourite Hodgins lines

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Favourite Hodgins lines

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'm going to add to your love for Finger in the Nest, Simone, by including this particular quote:

HODGINS: I don't know how to do this.
SWEETS: Mostly you just tell me what's on your mind.
HODGINS: Mostly on my mind is I hate everyone.
SWEETS: Everyone?
HODGINS: To varying degress, but, um... (considers)... yeah. Yeah, everyone. (shrugs) Angela... the most, because we, you know, had something great, uh, and now it's dirt. Zack... for being such an idiot; Brennan, for bringing us all together; Cam, for making us efficient; Booth, for giving us a mission; you for pick - pick - picking at me... Should I go on?
SWEETS: No, no. I get the point.
HODGINS: I just hate everyone. So, what? Intense therapy, heavy medication?
SWEETS: Nah. I'm good with the hate.
HODGINS: Are you serious?
SWEETS: Yeah, I am. You're doing fine.
HODGINS: Um... I hate everyone.
SWEETS: You're coping. It's a coping technique. Coping's good.
HODGINS: Did you get your degree on the internet? Let me see your diploma.

:mrgreen:

Actually, the whole conversation is hilarious (yet sad at the same time), and probably my favorite Hodgins scene from the entire season. But I especially love the line "pick-pick-picking at me" -- it's just the way TJ says it, and does that pointing little hand gesture at the same time, emphasizing each word. It cracks me up.

And because it's about time someone said that to Sweets. LOL. Kidding, Sweets! Kisses! ;)

I love the way TJ does that entire speech about the hate. Especially when he talks about Angela -- it breaks my heart. He did a terrific job with every word, every syllable, of that conversation. :clap:
word count: 289

Harry_Greece
Fan

Post by Harry_Greece »

I won't say lines,because lines of Hodgins are always fine,I will say the scene where Hodgins teases Zack of being cold,and then Zack punches him,TJ's face after the punch was funny and then he said "You won't punch me again,will you?"
word count: 49

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*chuckling* That's a really good one, Harry. Nice to see you posting here again, by the way. :D
word count: 18

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I've been watching more of my Bones DVDs. :D

From "The Woman In The Car" (a terrific episode, by the way) --

HODGINS: One man's security review is another man's witch hunt.

HODGINS: What was the finding? I still work here, so--
PICKERING: Harmless.
HODGINS: Harmless? I'm harmless?
PICKERING: Yes. You do not pose a viable threat.
HODGINS: Well, that's just... insulting.

Heh. :D

PICKERING: If you want me to interview you, I will. But I'll only discover what we already know. You are benign.
HODGINS: I am NOT benign, lady. I'm not harmless. I'm malignant. I"m a loaded cannon.
PICKERING: (walking away) Thank you, Dr. Hodgins.
HODGINS: I know things that would curdle your blood! Including a formula that literally curdles blood! (to a passerby) She's wrong. I'm dangerous.

Heeeee.

HODGINS: I ran the particulates through the gas chromatograph and found the pollen of Eragrostis curvula, more commonly known as "weeping love grass."
BRENNAN: And where does one find weeping love?
HODGINS: Weeping love is found worldwide. But weeping love grass, that's in South Africa.

*snorts, laughing*

BOOTH: Asbestos from brake pads, leaded gasoline, a mechanic bench. You know, plus the mother was electrocuted by current from a generator. We're looking for an abandoned gas station or mechanic shop off the grid. You know, you guys are geniuses.
ZACK: How do we find that?
BOOTH: I work for the FBI, you idiot.
HODGINS: Way to go, Zack. We went from geniuses to idiots in three seconds.

And from "The Woman in the Garden" --

HODGINS: I called 'shotgun.' What does it mean to a society when the niceties are no longer observed?

Plus, during this episode... there really is no way to pay justice to TJ's impression of Booth. HILARIOUS. :clap:
word count: 301

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Unfortunately I haven't seen all of season 4 yet.. still awaits the DVD's.. luckily one of our stations has started in the middle of the seasun (reruns)..

From that season the line that I love the most (of those episodes I have seen for now) must be in The Death of the dealy departed..

"King of the funeral".. ..

just love that line.. Dude!!!
word count: 65

BonesInOz
Fan

Post by BonesInOz »

From The Bond in the Boot....

Hodgins: Everybody poops. They even wrote a book about it"

He was soooo straight faced and serious - Loved it!
word count: 25

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

From "The Critic in the Cabernet" Season 4:

Fisher: This is weird. Something good is happening.
Hodgins: Take a deep breath. I'm sure it'll pass.
word count: 27
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

What a great and fun thread. To be reminded of some of my all time favorite TJ/Hodgins moments ... *sigh*. :romance-heartbeating:

I just watched this episode the other day, and I had to keep replaying this part of their conversation. The way TJ demands, "Let me see your diploma," is soo cute. It's hilarious and really highlights his great acting skill.

Sinkwriter72 wrote:SWEETS: You're coping. It's a coping technique. Coping's good.
HODGINS: Did you get your degree on the internet? Let me see your diploma.
The thing is, TJ plays the part of Jack Hodgins so well, you believe he really is Jack Hodgins. I was not familiar with TJ's work prior to Bones, so I don't have anything else to compare to his performance as Hodgins. All I know is, I love Jack Hodgins, and if he were a real man, I'd be on the next flight to D.C. :wink:
word count: 158
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Isn't it about time we bumped this thread with some more recent quotes? It's not like TJ isn't still spouting gems. 2 from t'he Witch In The Wardrobe':

HODGINS: You know, it’s a little outside my expertise, but they look like bat bones to me. You missed that, Clark?

BRENNAN: Clark's error is completely understandable, given the condition of these remains and the bizarre nature of these circumstances.

CLARK: Thank you, Dr. Brennan.

HODGINS: Yeah, but I made the call on a piece-of-crap cathode-ray tube while in jail.

and:

HODGINS: 'God' is a little formal - Hodgins is fine.
word count: 107
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I've been watching a lot of Bones on Netflix lately (mostly Season 7), so I figured it would be a good time to add to this thread. Not all of the quotes are Hodgins' but they are some of my favorites. :)

2-9 Aliens in a Spaceship
Booth: God does not make mistakes.
Angela: I don't know - putting testicles on the outside doesn't seem like such a good idea.

7-1 The Memories in the Shallow Grave
Hodgins: Angela used to cry at the ShamWow! commercial. (Replying to Brennan crying at a crime scene during her pregnancy)

Cam: What is this?!
Hodgins: Uh…why it’s..it’s a very small bipedal primate from the Hominidae family. (Referring to Michael Vincent being in the lab)

7-2 The Hot Dog in the Competition
Hodgins: Well, I reckon’ I best go look and see what we found in the teeth. (In a southern accent, making fun of Finn)

Hodgins: Okay! I’m sorry! All right? I was...an ass-hat. I am Thurston the ass-hat! There! Now...how do you scare a snake in a fishin’ hole?

7-5 The Twist in the Twister
Angela: You built a tornado with a car seat on top?
Hodgins: I call it the Sleepy Time Cyclone. It mimics the way that I move to get Michael to fall asleep. What do you think?
Angela: Honey, this is stupid!
Hodgins: Oh…I thought it was sort of brilliant…

7-6 The Prisoner in the Pipe
Daisy: …which is why we all need to pitch in and help out every way we can. I’m becoming a certified doula!
Brennan: You aren’t getting anywhere near my cervix, Ms. Wick.
Daisy: Just saying, should you find yourself in need, I could stop at the perineum.

8-4 The Tiger in the Tale
Hodgins: Hey! Check it out, BUG RAPTURE!! Hehehehe! Sorry, that just makes me so happy! Look at em’ go!
word count: 329
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Okay I need more quotes! However I need quotes that are stand alone, so those that do not rely on knowing what other characters have said. :D

GO! ;-)
word count: 27
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

S2/Ep. 11 - Judas on a Pole
Hodgins: Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist, I call being well informed.

S5/Ep. 1 - Harbingers in a Fountain
Hodgins: And that ladies, that is why they call me "King of the Lab."

S4/Ep. 17 - The Salt in the Wounds
Hodgins: It was a moment. A great moment. But, like all great moments, it passed.
word count: 65
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Thanks Simone. :)
word count: 2
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro