Bones 6.17 The Feet on the Beach

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Bones 6.17 The Feet on the Beach

Post by skftex »

Starting this but I don't really have a lot to say about it. This episode was just kind of blah for me, and the Canadian doctor annoyed me. I did laugh when Hodgins asked if he could give Cam a stern look. The Cam stuff was nice after not seeing much of her for a few episodes. :)

That is all I have to say about this one. Hopefully someone else has a lot more to say!

Sharon
word count: 78
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TNPrincess14
Fan

Re: Bones 6.17 The Feet on the Beach

Post by TNPrincess14 »

I agree - it was just not the best ep but there were a few good moments:

Brennan getting "giddy" at the body farm.

Hodgins "stern look".

Sweets hitting the Canadian Dr. in the head was classic!!

I really did NOT like Brennan being overly cold and socially clueless. She has grown so much as a person through the seasons and it just felt like she reverted back five years in her personality.

I was borderline disappointed in the episode but consoled myself by remembering that it is the first of seven in a row.
word count: 94
Jenny
"God is a little formal. Hodgins will do." - Dr. Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, I did think a bit 'meh' with some good bits, so thanks Jenny for expressing that soooo much better than I just have. I can't help thinking we are running out of credible scenarios (yeah, I know - TV show - doesn't have to be credible, yadayada). That many feet? Weed on a body farm? Good grief.
I do agree about Brennan, these sudden backward steps in her development are very disconcerting. I really don't like to see her wounding people like that. Though I wasn't happy, either, with the podiatrist's arm recovering from paralysis instantly and at that particular moment (nice discomfiture of audience expectations though, with him failing to make Sweets' 'catch'!).
TJ wonderful as per usual, though back to comic relief. Whatever he does, he does it so well. Loved the disapproving look. TT played the concerned mother very well too. Although Cam was very lucky, I thought, to get away with such a dive in personal ethics; lucky that Michelle wouldn't even suspect her.
word count: 173
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

Well I like the ep a little And I like TJ and his ‘look’ But I’d have to agree with what your all saying about Dr B. She regressing even passed the first season. What are the writers doing to her. And I don’t know why TJ is comic releaf after the amazing response he got from the last ep.

I feel like there stalling a little in terms of DR B & B and also with J & A.

OH by the way What the heck was Cam doing to her daughter. Thats overstepping the mark just a touch. I miss old Cam.

Well thats it from me
:wink:
word count: 109

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

Ive watched this ep a few times now ... as per every new ep.. I generally watch it by myself, then with my housemate as soon as she gets home from work, then with other friends who are big bones fans - of course, we can never get everyone in the same place at the same time...

ANYWAYS...

so yes, filler episode... blah blah feet, dead dude blah blah.
Kinda amused that the guy died from having his feet chopped off.

More importantly..
TJ's disappointed look was awesome. We have already found use for quoting "Angela says no, but this a disappointed look" (may have been used in the context of bribing housemates boyfriend to bring us chocolate when he came around.. I use my powers for good!!)

And Tamara was totally biting the insides of her cheeks to not laugh when TJ walks into that scene. I wonder how long it took them to get it right!

Also: bump!watch on Emily has commenced in my house. She really shouldnt have had her labcoat (others either but lab coat in particular) done up because it was making it more not less obvious.

in other news: I have correctly guessed three women I know being pregnant so far this year and I can't squeee about it anywhere else (i.e. twitter/fb) because in two cases it isnt public knowledge yet. BUT.. BABIES ... everywhere... oh and I suspect one other but I don't know her well enough to be in the know before it is announced.

That is all I have.. there isnt any more

Llama
word count: 267

Kayley121
Fan

Post by Kayley121 »

Yeah this episode was interesting w/ the body farm, but the whole thing with Bones insulting the canadian guy threw me off. There are times when she's relatable (sort of), but this time she just seemed plain ol' mean and it was kind of cringe worthy to see her treat someone like that. Looking forward to more baby discussions on the show :)

I'm not much for reviewing episodes, but there's my attempt ;)
word count: 75

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

I enjoyed this episode, thoroughly.
'Can I give her a disapproving look?'
I was with Jack on that. I would have done the same thing. I was also shocked that Cam actually told Michelle about it.
Not shocked that she tore up the application; Cam has taught her well.

The case. So first of all, the killer.
I knew he was the killer the second I saw him. It's lame when they bring in certain people, because I can tell upon seeing them that they're the killer.
The case was very well developed, and also loosely based off of a case I watched a special on, on some channel about a year ago.
I enjoyed the case, and the 'relationship' between Temperance and Dr. Canada over there. That was also interesting. I liked that Booth threw in the 'that makes it hurt more' bit.

Guess I'm the only one that enjoyed the ep.?
word count: 156
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

CaliforniaCurrie
Fan

Post by CaliforniaCurrie »

I liked the episode. I loved the disapproving look from Hodgins. That was great! I laughed so hard!

I don't know that I would necessarily call Temperance's interaction with the Canadian doctor a backslide. It was a professional article that she had written in response to the Canadian doctor's article. In her eyes she was stating facts. Since her social skills are lacking, it would be logical that Temperance wouldn't understand that the facts she was offering would hurt someone else.

As to the Canadian doctor's arm and hand suddenly working, I felt that was not believable. It would have been more realistic if there had been a slow but steady improvement in movement over time.
word count: 121
Christine

-Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. -Anthony J. D'Angelo

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I didn't hate the episode. I think it just was one of those episodes you watch & there are a few things in it you like but then you quickly forget about it for the most part. The case was not anything really memorable, the Canadian doctor annoyed me, and the way they all seemed to be trying to make up for Brennan's attitude about him just annoyed me too, even though he was pretty smart about some things they gushed a bit too much, when for that group, its just another day at the job! ;) Anyway, not a BAD episode. :)

Sharon
word count: 103
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yeah Kayleigh, it's not a matter of not liking it etc. I felt like Sharon: it was ok but not especially memorable.

And I really do think that Brennan has developed enough socially to realise that facts can upset people! However, I did find it interesting that they made a distinction, as she saw it, between feeling contrite and apologising. As in being concerned she had hurt someone but not really feeling she had done anything wrong. That worked for me.
word count: 82

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

OK, it's always a bit difficult for me to write my thoughts about episodes in English, but I try it. (...because I always do what Sharon says! ;) :lol: )

The Canadian doctor was strange. I always thought "Hey, get over it! Can't you handle some criticism." Annoying, as Sharon said it right.

The Body Farm-part was pretty disgusting! Sometimes I had to look away. I say it again: DON'T EAT WHILE WATCHING BONES!!! :)

It was pretty obvious for me who the murderer was. When I first saw that blonde guy I said to myself: that's the killer! So, not the most exciting episode I've seen.

Hodgins "disapproving look" at the beginning was funny. Beautiful eyes, btw.! Needed to say it again! ;) :)

B&B at the end was ok, too. When will they finally kiss! Let's get it done! ..oh, how do you check the temperature of your coffee before you drink it? Put a finger in it? Or take a thermometer with you all the time? I take a sip and almost every time I burn my tongue, too!
word count: 184
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Kayley121
Fan

Post by Kayley121 »

Yeah it wasn't that I disliked the ep... It was just more of a filler episode for me. I like the ones where there is some deeper emotional aspect with the characters in relation to each other..
word count: 38

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Yeah, I prefer emotional scenes and involvement.
I agree there.
:D
word count: 10
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

TJ4ever wrote:OK, it's always a bit difficult for me to write my thoughts about episodes in English, but I try it. (...because I always do what Sharon says! ;) :lol: )

Please send money, lots and lots of it. Ask your friends to send money too. *Since you always do what I say! :whistle:
word count: 53

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I haven't watched the whole ep yet. I only caught the last half of it, but I have to agree that I guessed the killer the second I saw him.

The Body Farm was pretty gross at parts, & I was actually a little surprised that Brennan was so enthusiastic about some of it, considering the fact that she used to get annoyed when Booth took her to a crime scene where there was too much flesh still on the body. She often just seemed to look at flesh as something that needed to be cleared away so that she could get at the bones, so why she'd be so excited about the stomach explosion is beyond me.

The guy's arm coming back to life was very fast, but it was to be expected. This is TV, after all, with limited run time, & they like to tie everything up nicely at the end of the ep.

@Simone: As for how I keep from burning myself with my coffee... I order it iced! :D
word count: 174
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I have a question, where was this body farm? Was it close to where they found the feet? Because it seemed like Booth and Brennan could just pop back and forth from there to DC, they must have a fast plane or car. The people from the body farm also seemed to get to DC easily. Or I just didn't understand that the body farm wasn't way up there and somehow the feet got all the way to Canada? I did understand that there was some sort of flooding but its a long way from the US/Canada border to DC....
word count: 103

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

skftex wrote:
TJ4ever wrote:OK, it's always a bit difficult for me to write my thoughts about episodes in English, but I try it. (...because I always do what Sharon says! ;) :lol: )

Please send money, lots and lots of it. Ask your friends to send money too. *Since you always do what I say! :whistle:
Well, ok! Not always! ;) :lol: Sorry, can't do this, Sharon. Need to buy myself a laptop to take part in the chat! :wink: :lol:
word count: 77

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

jade.stormcloud wrote:
@Simone: As for how I keep from burning myself with my coffee... I order it iced! :D
Good idea, Jade! But I prefer hot coffee. I guess so does Booth.
word count: 32
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

skftex wrote:I have a question, where was this body farm? Was it close to where they found the feet? Because it seemed like Booth and Brennan could just pop back and forth from there to DC, they must have a fast plane or car. The people from the body farm also seemed to get to DC easily. Or I just didn't understand that the body farm wasn't way up there and somehow the feet got all the way to Canada? I did understand that there was some sort of flooding but its a long way from the US/Canada border to DC....
Wow. I completely didnt think about that at all.

The timing thing is always a bit weird on the show though.

Like in the jersey shore ep.. isnt it like a 3 or 4hr drive from dc to that part of jersey? I seriously remember being stuck on a bus for a good 5 or so hours once upon a time.. Maybe it just felt like that long. Anyways.. if it is that distance, why would you drive back and forth multiple times in a day... which they did in that ep.

Llama
word count: 198

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I often think about this, even while suspending disbelief, because the concept of a long distance seems to be so different in my little island from the way it's regarded by many of my more-roomily accommodated cousins over the way. Even more so I guess as, like Sharon, I don't drive and have to think of places as accessed by public transport. Example: the place where my younger son trains and studies is 30 miles distant, and because of the vagaries of trains and buses it takes him 2 hours if he can't pick up a lift. Going by car to my parents', on the other hand (motorways crowded and far from ideal or efficient) - 250-300 miles in about 5 hours.

So yeah, I am always bewildered by the speed at which BB and their suspects seem to get from A to B and back in a remarkably short time!
word count: 155