Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
jusbcuzz
Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by jusbcuzz »

TJ4ever wrote:When the time comes we'll meet there, Sherry, to see it! Looking forward to it! :)
Can I come too? Sounds like fun. :happy-bouncycyan:
word count: 25

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

That was my first chat with him and it was so much fun! I liked how informal it was and I really enjoyed it even though I didn't ask him a question.

It started at 6pm for me so going online was the first thing I did when I got home from work. I was worried I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole thing because my Dad likes having Sunday dinner together and we normally eat at around that time, but it turned out they went out to a friend's house before I got home from work and they came back just moments after TJ logged off. Good timing!

I really enjoyed the chat and can't wait to do it again some time! X
word count: 130
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Still half an hour for me to catch up, then I have to go to work.

@Jude: I like what you wrote and I totally agree. I don't know that many people that well here yet, but it's really good to know that when you need someone to cheer you up or rant to you go to the chatbox and always find someone to talk to (especially when everyone around you is long asleep). It's also a good way to take your mind off things that bother you.

I haven't met anyone personally from this lovely page here, but maybe the day will come ;) So you better hide, people :D

And Vero I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, with the strike and personally. However I do sometimes wish that people here in Germany would protest a bit more. Our retirement age is currently at 67 and I honestly don't expect to get any payment when I'm old.
word count: 164
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

jusbcuzz wrote:
TJ4ever wrote:When the time comes we'll meet there, Sherry, to see it! Looking forward to it! :)
Can I come too? Sounds like fun. :happy-bouncycyan:
Of course, Corrie! The more the merrier! ...but we have lots of time to plan it I guess. Let's talk about it again at the end of 2012! :wink: :lol:
word count: 56
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

Sounds like a plan. Well, not exactly but you know what I mean. :)

oh oh oh, I have some good news. On Thursday i turned in an application for a new job, Friday I had the interview, today I got the call that I got the job! New shoes, new job, chat with TJ, good weekend/Monday. Besides being excited and nervous about the new job, i'm more nervous about leaving the residents where i am now. i don't like leaving things up in the air. i can do it to myself all i want, but i want to make sure that things are alright there which really isn't my responsibility but feels like it could be. which i know it isn't which i said up there. LOL. it's 1:20 am and I'm just rambling now so i'll go to bed and see how things play out tomorrow.
word count: 156

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:dance: CONGRATULATIONS on the new job, Cor!! Fantastic news. :clap:
word count: 8

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Congrats on the job!
word count: 4

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Awesome. And inspiring. You go, girl. :D
word count: 6
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Woop! Go Cor! Congrats on the new job. :) xx :dance: :happy-bouncymagenta: :happy-bouncymulticolor: :happy-bouncyred: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncygreen:
word count: 9
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

Thanks ladies. I gave my two weeks yesterday. Went lots better than I thought. It's gonna be a ride!
word count: 20

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:text-woo: Cor, congrats on the new job! :text-woo: I envy you! I need a new one, too.
word count: 15

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Firstly, congrats on the new job Cor!

Secondly I had the best day, I'm really knackered and skint and like I said on FB I closed the taxi door on my head coming home, but it was a blast.

The photo session was cool Eddie's opeing comment was 'Hi, you made it down then' and they were all really friendly then and at the signing. At the signing Eddie was saying, so this is your second convention now. I'm not sure whether he remembered that from September or whether he actually read my article 'cos I sent him a copy (either way I was surprised). Gotta say Joanne Kelly is one very classy lady, genuinely cool.

Now I'm chillin' watching X Factor and my feet are just starting to be ok again (I've had new shoes on all day)

Anyway looking forward to the week off.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 158

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Jude, great that you had fun! How was Colin Ferguson? Or didn't you see him?
word count: 16

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:dance: WOOHOOO!!!

Congratulations Cor!!!

:happy-wavemulticolor:
Little banana dance??? Uh??? LOL :banana-linedance:

Véro
word count: 10
The waffle conspiracy...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

One week to go and then I have a one week vacation! :dance: :banana-rock: No plans yet. Any suggestions? :)
word count: 17

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:think: 1 week vacation...?

I have suggestions!!!! I have suggestions!!! :D

1) a 1 week Bones marathon watching the 5 seasons...
2) a 1 week Christmas shopping marathon (I should do this, I'm always late with presents... sigh...)
3) Hunt some waffles... I think hunt opening was last week... Don't forget the chantilly spray to catch them...
4) Laze on the sofa thinking about all you could do if you were working
5) Sleep all day, go out with some friends every nights, have a crazy life for 1 week! ... and have some regrets doing it on monday because your head is heavier than ever... But be so satisfied :D
6) 1 sporty week!!!
7) Spend all your time with us at TJTHYNE.com trying to guess who's hiding and lurking :D
8) Stick post-its everywhere in your home not to forget all you have to do!... And forget all you have to do while admiring your art :-)
9) Spend the week out taking pictures of the wonderful scenery you have out there :-)
10) Try to find either a fairy, a sprite, a 4 leaves shamrock or a unicorn... 1 week won't be too much...

:happy-smileyflower: Have fun whatever you do!!!

Véro
word count: 202
The waffle conspiracy...

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

ImageBEST SUGGESTIONS EVER!!!!

Especially number three, I'm very upset to learn that I've missed a whole week of hunting waffles, I didn't realize waffle hunting season opened last week!!!! Image
word count: 32
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

Gasp, does one need a permit or tags to hunt waffles? Where would one get a waffle hunting permit? Man, now I'm hungry.
word count: 24

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I went on a waffle hunt yesterday, but the elusive gluten-free blueberry variety were nowhere to be found. :( I'll have to try again next week. :P
word count: 27

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

OK so I have a request to make and if anyone has the time to volunteer I would be grateful. So I only received a rank of 50 for my test to try to apply for uni and I need a rank of 88. I’m currently writing my PCA and I’m hoping someone here could check my grammar. I would be very grateful. Just PM me if you have the time and would like to help.

Cheers
Ali :)

Cheers Sharon and Steph :)
word count: 84