The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
AmeliaPond
Fan

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by AmeliaPond »

Hello, everyone! I'm AmeliaPond. I posted in the chat box a bit today under the name Anna before I decided to join.

A bit about me: I'm a Psych major, hopefully starting grad school next fall. I love to read, hike, bike, blog, and meet new people. I'm a complete nerd. I have two nieces, a 2-year old and a newborn, who are completely awesome and who I spend most of my time with when I'm not doing homework. I'm a big Doctor Who fan.

This looks like a nice place full of lovely people - I look forward to exploring more of it.
word count: 109
I've seen him. He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe. And he's wonderful.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Anna! Clearly a lady of taste (yes I am a big DW fan too - anyone who likes TJ & Doctor Who is halfway to my heart already). Huge welcomes. Please post lots, there are loads of people waiting to be your friends!
word count: 42
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Anna! So glad you decided to join us here. Hope to hear more from you, and glad you introduced yourself. Hope you enjoy your time in our little TJ world! :)

Sharon
word count: 32
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

NyxStina
Fan

Post by NyxStina »

Hi Anna :happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-welcomeconfetti: welcome! Hope you have a blast here.
word count: 9
Wise man not play leap frog with unicorn...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Chandler and Anna! Have fun here!

To Anna: My location is also in the Tardis! ;) I am a big DW / DT-fan! :)

:text-welcomeconfetti:
word count: 23
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Welcome, Christina, Anna, Chandler, and anyone I have missed!! (:
word count: 9
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

Elena_CanaryIsland
Fan

Post by Elena_CanaryIsland »

Hi :D this is me, Elena, I'm from Gran Canaria (in forgotten the Canary Islands ) and I am thrilled to be part of this magnificent site. Very nice people everywhere. Love that place! :D :clap: :clap: :clap:
word count: 33

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hello Elena! So glad you decided to join us. We are very happy to have you here. I'm the co-admin of this place, along with Steph (ThyneAlone) who is currently off on vacation but I'm sure she'll welcome you as well when she gets home.

Really nice chatting with you in the chatbox and I hope you will look around the boards and feel free to post about whatever you feel like posting.

Sharon
word count: 78
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Elena_CanaryIsland
Fan

Post by Elena_CanaryIsland »

thanks! Rest assured that I will do it! :D
word count: 8

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

I haven't been here in ages. New members, whoohoo :dance:

Welcome Anna, Chandler and Elena! Have a blast around here!
word count: 20

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Welcome, Elena!

And everyone else that I've missed welcoming, but have seen in the forums!
word count: 16

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

skftex wrote:Steph (ThyneAlone) who is currently off on vacation but I'm sure she'll welcome you as well when she gets home.
Welcoming you now from Dublin airport Elena! Have fun & I will see you and everyone else soon!
word count: 41

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Welcome Elena! Have fun here!
word count: 5

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Ardeliah
Fan

Post by Ardeliah »

Well

I'm here.

Now, what should I say about myself?

Well first up I would like to put credit where credit is due.

SHARON SENT ME! BLAME HER! THE TROUBLEMAKER!!!!

And I'm afraid I have a similar reputation at several other places. :D So you are suitabley warned.

Now for the bare facts. I'm 38, soon to be 39 on my now infamous birthday, September 11th. I have a 16 year old son and I have been mostly happily married for 17 years. I say mostly, because any one who claims that their entire marriage has been perfectly happy 100% of the time is either lying/delusional/or posesses magical powers.

I have a tendancy to craft and shout out odd words at odd times. SLYMPH! being one of my favorites. Right about now, I expect at least one person has spit her drink all over her monitor and she knows who she is. :D I craft a lot. I have a computer/craft room with my own home made duck tape dress form. I make my own clothes, sew, crochet, cross stitch, sculpy clay, a tiny bit of knitting, a bit of wook working and write.

I really like writing fan fiction. But ONLY for Scarecrow and Mrs. King, a tv show that poofed off the air about 20 years ago. And I only have two of them under my belt so far. But they seem to be well liked.

I'm also a Potter nut. I belong to an online school called HOL and participate in lots of fun stuff.

ALABAM!!

Now my good buddy suggested I join here so I could chat with everyone here. I guess my charming personality grabbed a hold of her and she thought I would make a good addition to your lovely little site. Though I think it is more likely she just wants a scapegoat available at a moments notice.

If you have any questions about me I'll be happy to answer them. Just be aware that I may or may not give a sane, rational answer. Sometimes it is much more fun to answer in the abstract.

So feel free to say "Hello!" to me, or holler out a "Hey!". And just a few last parting words of wisdom/insanity from me.

I don't bite, much. :D

SLYMPH!!

word count: 390

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well <<sigh>>, it's taken a while for Sharon to invite in her lunatic demon legions, but here's the vanguard at last. Ragnarok will follow no doubt (that is not someone's username by the way, I'm just being pretentious)!

Welcome Ardeliah.

You'll be glad to know that quite a bit of what you say about yourself applies to many of us (oh -from my POV, except for being a mere 38, grrrr), so what with the mad thing you have going and all, you should fit in just fine. Homework is to read the whole of the sofa.

Love SLYMPH. Have a waffle.
word count: 107

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Arde! Thanks for joining. By the way, she does watch Bones, I'm not recruiting people that know nothing about TJ. LOL :mrgreen:

And if I had been drinking anything I might have spit it but not when ARDE said SLYMPH (because reallly Arde you saying it isn't shocking at all LOL) but when Steph did because she knows not what she said when she says she loves Slymph. :whistle:

word count: 71

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

It's been forever since I posted here and I can't possibly keep track of who is who, so WELCOME EVERYBODY!!! Have fun here :) :D

-Ang
word count: 26
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Welcome, Ardeliah! I be not afraid! Perhaps you'll liven the place up a bit. It's been somewhat quiet lately, what with being between seasons and all. So, welcome!

I'm a crafty one myself, though I don't give in to the urge as often as I should. I knit, sculpt, paint, make costumes (for Halloween, movie releases, etc), & volunteer down at my local community theater helping build/paint sets.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy your time here. It's a great place to hang out. :D
word count: 88
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Ardeliah, :text-welcomewave: !
word count: 1

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

WELCOME Ardeliah c:
First of all, I love your name, if that is your actual name?
And secondly, I love when people make up words. So I think I'll definitely be getting on with you fine. :D

...I'm having serious difficulties. I can't seem to spell today.
In any case.
Welcome ^^
word count: 53