Guest Appearances

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Guest Appearances

Post by skftex »

I guess its keyed on your IP address location. Even http://uk.imdb.com/ shows the schedule for me. So no wonder you didn't know you can see that, because you can't! :cry:

Sharon
word count: 35
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Aw, crap! See, this is what I get for being away from this site. :D I miss out on information from Sharon that would have given me the opportunity to see more of TJ's work that I have yet to view. I'll have to remember to check out imdb more often.

FYI, there's also a site called tv-now.com which gives similar lists of information. Though I'm not sure if they have a UK listing, Steph. I think this site is a branch of TV Guide, so maybe if you have a UK edition of TV Guide, it might have this available for you?

Though I think sometimes you have to get creative with your searches on those sites, because if they don't list the actor you're looking for within the cast of guest stars for that episode (especially if the actor's part is smaller), they won't include it under that particular actor's list of shows, even though the episode is slated to air on a specific channel. Does that makes sense? I haven't had breakfast yet, so my mind is kind of mushy.

For example, there are some episodes of The X-Files that Nick Lea is a prominent part of as Agent Krycek, but if they don't list his name as part of the cast for that ep, even if it's going to air that week, it won't be listed under his name. It'll be listed under the main cast's lists of shows airing, but not his. Which is kind of annoying, because one might miss out if they don't know the actor's resume pretty well (and know to search for the specific episode via the lead actors, rather than the specific guest actor).

I'm guessing imdb would be a more thorough resource since they actually list the entire bio of the actors so they can list when those specific shows or films are coming up, even if the actor had a small part.
word count: 344

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

I saw "Something's Gotta Give" in the cinema, but didn't know about TJ back then. I'll have to borrow my mum's DVD and watch it again just for him. Any excuse to watch a chickflick with the missus.
word count: 42

jordle
Fan

Post by jordle »

I've been going back and trying to get copies of as much of TJ's work as I can (I printed out his IMDB page and I'm crossing things off as I go!). In the past few days I've watched him on Huff, CSI:NY, Without A Trace, Friends and Boston Legal.

He's great in everything but I think I enjoyed him in Huff the most. He's such a great actor :D
word count: 76

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yesterday I saw TJ in "Cold Case". It was just by accident. I already knew this episode and didn't want to watch it but then I saw him. Didn't remember that he was in it! He was a bit younger and had very curly hair (much more than in S1+2 of "Bones")! Very cute! :D

Simone
word count: 58
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

I saw him in friends, but didn't realize it was him until somebody told me. I've also seen him on 24, i've been looking in the other shows i know he's appeared in, but can never seem to find him. lol.
He's hiding from me. :mrgreen:
word count: 50
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

I see 'im...behind the couch. Over there! *points* Image

I've seen him in a few shows, and in some instances I connected the dots right away and figured out it was him.

Ellen - Have you checked youtube , google video and hulu? They have a ton of clips out there, more of his commercials than guest appearances, but hey, they're all a good watch. :mrgreen:
word count: 65
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

lol, that's cute. :D
I love the one of him in the car singing man i feel like a woman. :D
That's so funny. I've seen a couple of other ones. lol.
word count: 33
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

And to say the really obvious - don't forget to check out all the clips that are right here in the Videos section (see navigation bar above!)
word count: 27
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I just went through all the clips. Some of it I've never seen, and some, like a lot of the commercials, I realized I saw long ago. So weird how many times I saw him, and never knew it. Some of his roles were so (to steal a word from someone on the BY) adorkable.

I must say, the "Huff" clips were simply incredible. Another tearjerker for me. TJ was so raw and believable in that role. Also, is it just me or does he remind anyone else of Gene Wilder in that? I don't think it was only the hair, but maybe it was. :lol: Either way, both great actors.

I'll have to check out the TV listings so I can catch more glimpses of TJ's work.
Last edited by jade.stormcloud on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 131
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

I've seen his filmography in imdb and I was surprised to see how many guest appearances he's made (and even more surprised I knew many of the shows-since not many air in Greece).
I've seen What Women Want and Erin Brockovich but it was before I knew him,so I don't remember him at all.
I've also seen his CSI and NCIS guest (my sister has almost all the eps of those shows,so it wasn't difficult).

Friends now,that's a funny one...I should just mention I've seen the whole show around...6 times or more (the channel that airs it never stops it-it ends and the next week they pick it again from the start...)So when I realised TJ had been in that episode I was shocked...his scene was really funny...
word count: 145
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

queenofthelab
Fan

Post by queenofthelab »

Today I've seen TJ's memorable guest spot on Friends four times thanks to these +1 services and no, I didn't get bored with it at all :) also planning to rewatch What Women Want, one of my favourite movies, and also Erin Brokovich which is a ditto. Sadly, I can't watch the CSI episodes as I can't buy the DVDs and the schedule for them is whacky but I'll keep an eye out! :D
word count: 78

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

I never realized that it was him playing "doogie" on Friends (when Phoebe goes into labor) untill I saw one of the footage here.
My video is stading standby so I can tape it when it airs which should be any day now - they are very close now.. the gang has just returned back from London. Can't wait to see him again in that role - he does it so well..
Have seen most of the footage we have here of his guest appereances - 24, Erin brokovich, NCIS etc (seen this via the link Willowwood mentioned in her entry of Feb. 19 today) - OMG.. love the scene where he starres at Ziva's but! So cute so adorable. :lol:
Haven't seen the one in what women want.. must look out for it when our movie channel air it for the 100th time ;-).

One of the commercials I have seen with TJ was the one for Dr. Drew.. Couldn't stop laughing..

All these appearences just show how versitile TJ is as an actor.. Wanted to slap him for his part in Erin Brocovich.. he was so.. (can't find the right word.)

But my favorite character is and will always be as Hodgins.. :D
word count: 203

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Was looking at TJ's IMDB page and saw that he have had two appearances on Dharma & Greg.. hmmm.. must look into that.

Couldn't find a link in Clips so I tried Youtube instead.. and there he was.. :drool: S2 epi 10..

Eventhough it was a very small part he still looked cute.. and so young.. I had seen that episode before - several times I think - but I never paid attention to him.. but know.. it was fun to see him so young - his pre-beard days. ;.)

The other one I couldn't find... Maybe someone knows where to look???
word count: 100

NoAlienLoafers
Fan

Post by NoAlienLoafers »

I have come to this board a few times, and now I am figuring I can post something here. I was just watching Jack and Bobby and he had a role in one of the episodes "A Man of Faith". All the episodes are available online if you just type in the wb into Google and click on the Jack and Bobby link.

Also watched him in NCIS a while ago and loved the goofy character in that one.

I also did a report on the Chevy commercial where he is singing "Man I Feel like a Woman."

Those are probably my favorite things he has guest starred in.
word count: 109

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi NoAlienLoafers (love that name by the way!) Welcome to the boards! Thanks for that info, because I knew he'd been in an episode of Jack and Bobby but I've never seen it so when I get a chance I'll watch it online.

Glad that you decided to join us!

Sharon
word count: 54
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

His appearances in Angel, Friends, and seeing him in How the Grinch Stole Christmas were my favorites.
And even the few moments in What Women Want.
I'd never seen him as an important character in movies, so I hadn't connected until I began watching Bones. Then I looked him up, and :o .
Haha, it was hilarious. Years going by, me just saying, oh hey. He's really cute, then seeing him play regularly in a TV show, was different.
word count: 80
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Another role that I was particularly impressed with was TJ's stint on the show Huff. He played such an unusual (and unusually troubled) character, with all the humor, quirkiness, and drama the part needed. I really found myself feeling for his character.

His brief role on Friends always makes me laugh.

His role on Erin Brokovitch makes me want to slap him, which I think was the goal, so... well done, TJ! LOL.

And I like the awe with which he plays his part on What Women Want.

He's pretty funny on NCIS, too. I saw that for the first time earlier this past year. One of those moments where you're watching a show and not expecting to hear his voice and then all of a sudden there he is, and you're like, oh yay, it's TJ! *GRIN*
word count: 143
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:His brief role on Friends always makes me laugh.

His role on Erin Brokovitch makes me want to slap him, which I think was the goal, so... well done, TJ! LOL.

And I like the awe with which he plays his part on What Women Want.
I love Friends, haha. And TJ + Friends = amazing in my book. :D

I agree about wanting to slap him in Erin Brokovitch. So, yes. good on you, TJ!

And I just adore the scene in the coffee shop in What Women Want. Haha.
word count: 90
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

If I can ad a suggestion: I had a lot of fun watching My Wife and Kids ep "Silence is Golden" ;)
You can't miss TJ in this one ;)
word count: 29
The waffle conspiracy...