Guest Appearances

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Re: Guest Appearances

Post by Dr.Valentine »

boo wrote:
Dr.Valentine wrote: Awww...My heart just cracked a little, October :( *sigh*..oii
*pats* :romance-caress:
Thanks :] I'll just keep reminding myself there's always the internet haha :D
word count: 29
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

silverwings
Fan

Post by silverwings »

I went through the clips, and the commercials were all pretty good...(funny thing to say about a commercial, haha) His part on Huff was good, but a bit uncomfortable to watch...(no offense to anyone who may have gone through something like that...it just...) The part on 24...my brother watches 24 a lot, I don't, but I think I recognize TJ's character's name. I think he died and/or betrayed Jack somehow? It was very cliffhangery and also hard to watch...because, I think, of him getting shot.

Although I didn't mind the bit in Aliens in a Spaceship when Brennan had to cut open his leg. For some reason. Maybe because in 24 it seemed like those guys were going to torture him or something.

Please excuse my morbidity. :? (That seemed like an awkward glance. Is it?)
word count: 145
"Look no further than their art and you will have gathered their very souls." - TJ Thyne

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

I'm attempting to finish watching The Human Contract. I know some of you haven't seen it, so I won't spoil it for you. I'll just say that the first 45 minutes of the movie, TJ is in. His character reminds me of Hodgins with his excitement, ideas being rejected and then eventually appreciated, and the same with how he's treated by his co-workers. I can't say anymore because the movie is still freze-framing at the 1:06 mark. All I can say is far as TJ in this movie, he's great. The rest of it is yet to be determined. If I was to rate it on Facebook Movies, I'd give it a "3 but probably won't watch it again for a while."
word count: 134

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Kelly wrote:I'm attempting to finish watching The Human Contract. I know some of you haven't seen it, so I won't spoil it for you. I'll just say that the first 45 minutes of the movie, TJ is in. His character reminds me of Hodgins with his excitement, ideas being rejected and then eventually appreciated, and the same with how he's treated by his co-workers. I can't say anymore because the movie is still freze-framing at the 1:06 mark. All I can say is far as TJ in this movie, he's great. The rest of it is yet to be determined. If I was to rate it on Facebook Movies, I'd give it a "3 but probably won't watch it again for a while."
I finally have it finished. TJ is definitely only in the first 45 minutes and my rating doesn't change. The only reason why I liked the movie is because of TJ. If topics of discussion allow, I'm going to tell him that today.
word count: 181

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Kelly, where did you find The Human Contract? At a video store like Blockbuster, or online, or ...?
word count: 17

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Netflix. They had to send it to me. It's not one of their Instant movies.
word count: 16

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Just finished watching Ghost World. OMG! How aweful! Now I understand what TJ meant when he said that he got involved in some bad films. He and the music throughout the movie are the only reasons why I liked it. This is getting a two-star rating on Netflix.

I find it uncanny that TJ's character, Todd, is going for the exact college degrees that I'm doing right now. Just so everyone knows, his one scene in this movie is close to the beginning, so the clip our website geniuses posted is the only scene that is noteworthy.

Heck, I don't even know why the movie is called Ghost World. That's how bad it is! At least with his other movies, I understood where the title of came from!
word count: 133

SirRose
Fan

Post by SirRose »

Was this Ghost World the one based on the graphic novel Ghost World? I thought the book was brilliant but never got around to watching the movie.
word count: 27

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

I don't know. I'll have to look it up and research it. Like most movies based on books, though, the books are tremedously better than the movies. Or maybe I just didn't get the message the movie was trying to send. Maybe this is one of those "cerebral" movies that make me go "Huh?"
word count: 57

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Well, The Human Contract arrived in the mail today from Netflix and I watched it, and I'm feeling rather confused right now. :?

Usually when you're at least halfway through watching a movie or a TV show you have a general idea of where the plot is going or what the point is, right? I never had that feeling here. :?: :think: The main thing that kept me watching was curiosity. I was intrigued enough to want to know what happened to the characters but was disappointed in the end. I kept waiting for the climax and I'm not sure there was one. There was a lot of unanswered questions for me at the end. Not even sure how to summarize it--maybe it's about some really messed up people coming to terms with their past? Overall it was just weird. The lead actress and supporting cast were fine, but the lead actor wasn't that great. Maybe if TJ were in the lead role he could have at least made me feel for the guy a little. :wink:

As for TJ, adorable and great as always, but his character was very minor in this one, a co-worker, and he had maybe 5 lines. I'd give it a watch if you can see it easily on Netflix or cable, but I definitely wouldn't go out of my way or spend a lot.

Sorry! :shock: I feel bad for not liking something he did, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't take it personally. Actually, his scenes were the only "normal" ones of the movie.
word count: 267
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

So I watched the Charmed Episode with TJ.
*SPOILER!!!!*
And I have to say, boo.
He was almost killed.
Sad, sad day for me. But he was so cute :*
It was season 7 if anyone was wondering. Can't remember the episode... Blue Moon Rising? Something...
word count: 46
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

kayleigh_marie wrote:So I watched the Charmed Episode with TJ.
*SPOILER!!!!*
And I have to say, boo.
He was almost killed.
Sad, sad day for me. But he was so cute :*
It was season 7 if anyone was wondering. Can't remember the episode... Blue Moon Rising? Something...
I've seen that episode too but on Youtube.. He was cute.. I thought he died?.. the episode name sounds right to me..
word count: 72

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Yeah. I can't remember.. Maybe he did. I know the Elders were healing him, but I can't remember past that.
word count: 22
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

dontgetanyolder
Fan

Post by dontgetanyolder »

I've been watching Huff (highly recommended) for the first time and I noticed one of the patients looked A LOT like TJ. Turns out it was him. :)
During the episide "Cold Day in Shanghai", his character is talking about his childhood and it's so powerful that I cried right along with him. Amazing, amazing performance he gave- and it was merely a guest appearance! He makes you remember him even in the tiniest of roles.
word count: 77

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Yeah, there are clips from "Huff" in the "Clips" section here. They're incredibly moving.
word count: 15
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Great comment, dontgetanyolder! :D TJ's role on Huff made such an impression on me. It's probably one of my favorites of his roles -- besides Hodgins, of course -- just because the character's so unusual and his story is so unexpected. I think TJ does a terrific job; his acting choices were remarkable and unique. It made for an unforgettable performance, in my eyes, and definitely emotionally moving.

Anyone who hasn't seen it really should go over to the Clips section of this site and watch it!
word count: 88
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Elle
Fan

Post by Elle »

I used to be a huge CSI: Crime Scene Investigation follower (I thank my first college roommate, who had dance team practice the nights the new episodes aired - she begged me each week to tape it for her, and I got addicted instead...) and I remember giggling (somewhat inappropriately) at TJ's character in "Paper or Plastic?". Why, yes, my high-school-aged sense of humor is still very much active. :D The character/role had always struck me, even for the few minutes he was onscreen, and I was glad to "rediscover" his work later on.
word count: 96
Elle
law-geek mom to Pirate ('07)
Red Sox Nation

Violaine
Fan

Post by Violaine »

I honestly didn't realize that he was in Erin Brockovich, and I had to hunt down a clip and re-watch! I don't watch CSI with any regularity, so I'll have to hunt that episode down, too.
word count: 40

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Callie, you might want to check out the clips section of the site...be a lot quicker than hunting for clips. ;)

Sharon
word count: 22
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

Okay so What Women Want was on TV here a few days ago &I Totally Forgot that TJ makes an appearance in the Coffee Shop lol. I Totally Freaked out haha. He looks so Babyfaced haha. I Love when he just Randomly pops up in TV Shows or Movies :)
word count: 49