Theatre Junkies Moment Series

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Theatre Junkies Moment Series

Post by skftex »

Some info about TJ's Moment Series shorts that are going to be in the New Jersey Film Festival. Scroll down to Feb. 11.

http://newjerseystage.blogspot.com/2010 ... -2011.html

I'm checking with TJ since it says he will be there, and I don't want anyone thinking it is a definite thing just because it says so. :)
word count: 60
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Theatre Junkies Moment Series

Post by skftex »

Thanks for moving this Steph!

Okay, as of now, TJ plans to be at both the New Jersey Film Festival and the Victoria Film Festival, both are in February. But, he said that he never knows his filming schedule for Bones until the week before they shoot so that could change the week before his films show in the festivals.

word count: 60
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

If you scroll down half way you’ll find some info and a pic of TJ in a scene from stuck. I also had a look on the Victorian Film site and there was no listing for One or Stuck. http://victoriafilmfestival.com/ Click on Films and go through them. I didn’t see anything. That if I found the right site.? :wink:

http://www.njfilmfest.com/

Ali :)
word count: 67

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

This is how realistic it is for me to go to the Byron Bay Film Festival. I can drive there. :D

2011 Festival Programme

The upcoming 2011 Festival Programme is currently being finalised. We’re releasing details of new films every day on our homepage but check back soon for a comprehensive calendar of sessions and events.

I’ll keep you and myself posted.
:dance:
word count: 63

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

Does anyone know what the other two 'moments' are called?
I know One and Stuck (obviously cos they are mentioned just above :D )

Llama
word count: 23

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

There are actually 5 of them done so far, in a series of 10. The other 5 are to be filmed at the end of next week. I know the names of 3 of them, Stuck, One, and Run. I have no idea what the names of the other two that have been completed are, and TJ hasn't said what the other 5 are called either. He did say that they are extremely experimental and you have to keep an open mind if you are going to watch them. :)
word count: 90

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

ooh nice.

I mostly wanted to know cos Im now officially stalking the bryon bay film festival site to see when they add them to the list of 'official selections' - some of the films have trailers.

I pretty much have no life :lol:
word count: 42

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well the Moment series is a series of very short films, so I would be surprised if they had trailers, One is 4 minutes long, Stuck is 6 min. But who knows, maybe they have a very very short trailer. :)
word count: 40

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

word count: 30

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

Stirring
http://www.bbff.com.au/preview?film_id= ... sion_id=36

but i cant see another one listed..
word count: 19

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

4th one would have to be Stuck or Run (HAHAHAHA that sounds funny together) because there are only 5 complete, as per what TJ said to me last week. Last 5 to be shot Feb 25-27.
word count: 37

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I probably should have added these days ago...some more film festivals:

Cinequest is showing Dry and Run
http://www.cinequest.org/indexCQ.php
Vail is showing Run
http://www.vailfilmfest.com/
word count: 32

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I added the links to those three film festivals on the homepage but they only work in IE right now, so if you use Firefox I know they don't work but its an issue with Firefox and the code, so it'll take a while to fix it.

Okay, they all work now! Yay!
word count: 55

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

I found some more info

Dry = Desire and Torment

One = Moments in Time

Stirring = Inner conflict without verbal communication

Ali :)
word count: 20

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hope you will be prepared with your detailed review as soon as you've seen them Ali!
word count: 17
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

They are all moments in time...so there is more to ONE than just being a moments in time...
word count: 19

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

ThyneAlone wrote:Hope you will be prepared with your detailed review as soon as you've seen them Ali!
I just hope I CAN see them. :D There not on at certain time. It’s on a loop so fingers crossed.
:wink:
word count: 40

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

For TJ's birthday this year in March, I donated some money (whatever I could afford at the time) to his Moment Series fundraising website. In exchange for that, the Theatre Junkies said they would be sending me a photograph of something from one of their filmings.

It had been a while and I had forgotten about that for the most part until about a week or so ago, when I remembered and wondered if they would be sending something out soon. Imagine my surprise and delight when I got back home from New York City last night and found a large envelope sitting on my bed. The return address was Theatre Junkies. :icon-mrgreen:

I didn't look at it last night because it was soooo late and I was soooo exhausted from my trip that I wanted to be awake to enjoy opening the envelope. So I opened it this morning. Inside was an 8 x 10 (I think that's the size) of the cast that filmed the Moment entitled "Heat." Each of the cast members had signed it as well, including TJ.

It makes me want to see the full series all the more! I hope they'll be available at some point, either in a theatre or on DVD.

I will also add that TJ sent a thank you card with the photograph, and it was the most beautiful card -- in design (he has excellent taste), and in the lovely words that he wrote. I was quite honored. And no surprise... he is sweet and charming as ever. :romance-smileyheart:

If I get a chance this week, I'll take a picture of the picture (hehhhh), and of the exterior of the card, and post a link to it here so you can see what it looks like.
word count: 299
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Wow, so cool, Sherry! You must be very happy about that. ..and you didn't know anymore that you get this? :banana-gotpics:
word count: 21
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ah, you know I was just wondering the other day if you ever got anything for your contribution! How cool! I didn't give enough to get anything for my donation, really wish I'd had more money at the time to donate more. But I did get a text from him when he saw that I had contributed. :-P :eusa-clap:
word count: 61