Shuffle News and Discussion

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Shuffle News and Discussion

Post by ThyneAlone »

This is the thread on which you can read up about TJ's imminent feature-length film project, Shuffle. Hopefully we'll also be able to write more about it here when it's done; it's taking him a huge chunk of the summer. And, also hopefully, we'll be able to see it sometime. Always difficult with low-budget, really creative efforts, which tend to find their way round festivals rather than percolating through to the public at large.
word count: 81
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Shuffle

Post by skftex »

The plot sounds interesting, I'm really looking forward to seeing it sometime. I know that TJ has been putting A LOT of work into this project and I'm sure as always he'll have done a fabulous job. :)
word count: 40
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

I've read the plot and it sounds very interesting. I'm intrigued by the story, and can't wait to see how they have managed to put it all together. I love things like this that are a little different. As a writer myself, it's really great to see things like this that really open up the imagination. :D

I can't wait!

Just to say, TJ, if you ever happen to pop in and read this, good luck with the filming, I hope it goes well and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. :D
x
word count: 99
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Looking forward to watch it!
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 5
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I imagine it'll probably be forever & a day before we could actually be able to see it, eh?
word count: 19
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Guess so! :|
word count: 2
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

I also read the plot and it sounds really interesting. Hope we will be able to see it someday (soon)
word count: 20

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

That plot sounds fascinating! I'm already very curious about it. :D And you know, I love that TJ gets to play the lead character because 1) it sounds like a unique part, and 2) this means another opportunity to see him do something cool and interesting and different than what we've seen him do before. Not many actors out there take such charge of their own careers and make their own destinies, you know what I mean? He's joining up with other talented, creative artists and they're making the art that they want to make. They aren't waiting around for someone else to hire them. They're doing it themselves. That's enormously inspiring.

P.S. Is it just me or has the style of the Theatre Junkies web site changed? I think it looks terrific!
word count: 140
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

The Theatre Junkies website is different, though it has been that way for a few months now..February or March?? I can't really remember. ;)
word count: 25
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

It's been different for a couple of months but we haven't had much occasion to visit it. I will certainly be going there more regularly in future!
word count: 29

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

Ahh I really want to see this when it's done, but I have a sinking feeling I won't be able to. :(
word count: 23

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

It does sound like a wonderful project! It may take time, but remember, we all were able to finally see Validation. Glad TJ has excellent projects to keep him busy and hopefully in the public eye!
word count: 36
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

I was looking at the Theatre Junkie's website and read that the other B&W short films in the Kurt Kuenne series were completed and have been shown in festivals. They're called "Slow" and "Phone Book". I've seen "Rent a Person" and of course "Validation," but haven't found anything on the other two. Anyone found a link to those yet?
word count: 64
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

The Shuffle website now has content, and there is a trailer for it. :)

http://www.shufflethemovie.com/
word count: 17

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Many thanks Sharon!

Anyone else got the trailer not working quite right? :(
word count: 12

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Edited: Wow!! Cast list=WIN This looks really good, I wish I lived in LA though so I could see it right away. :(. Indiana isn't too bad but a little further than I can go at the moment.

Oh my gosh, I almost skipped the press section--make sure you check it out :).
Last edited by SmackyKennedy on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 54
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Wow, this looks so good! I reeeeeally want to see it.

The trailer's really exciting and effective at building up tension about the story and what that poor guy is going through. And yet it's also funny right at the end (in a sad way) -- I love this exchange:

WOMAN: 26 years. It doesn't seem possible. It seems like just yesterday [you were] 8.
TJ's CHARCTER: (muttering) Actually, that was two days ago.

:D

I want to see this film!! Tj looks like he does a fantastic job, and I want to see that.
word count: 97
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ang it isn't showing in New York, its showing in Indiana and LA. :) And eventually other places. :)
word count: 18

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I want it to be showing by ME. When will it come to Chicago, TJ? :D
word count: 15

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

or, er...Liverpool even? :(
word count: 4