Spoiler Talk

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Spoiler Talk

Post by skftex »

So they are saying there will be a crossover of Bones and Sleepy Hollow in season 11. I hate this idea. Not only because I hate crossovers, but because I do not see how they are going to fit the Sleepy Hollow sort of other worldly universe into Bones. But I really hate crossovers anyway, if you do not watch both shows there is always a bit of a confusion because you don't know those other characters or their world. Besides, I feel like these sort of things are ratings grabs and are trying to force fans of one show to watch the other. I do not watch Sleepy Hollow so at this point I'm more likely not to watch the crossover shows at all. It'll be the first time I will miss a Bones episode. I suppose I'll talk to TJ and see what he thinks when they do them, if he is going to even be on the other show or it'll just be Booth/Brennan on the Sleepy Hollow side, and maybe that will change my mind but right now I'm really disappointed that they are doing this.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/15/bo ... -crossover
word count: 207
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I do watch Sleepy Hollow!

But...

Those are two completely different worlds. One (Sleepy Hollow) is founded in strange, mystical happenings; the other (Bones) is grounded in reality (well, except for the character Pelant, but don't get me started on that, LOL).

Seriously though, it seems like a big stretch to connect the two shows in any way. I mean, it could be fun in a "we're just goofing off for a week and this isn't part of the real canon for either series" sort of way. But in general, no, these two shows aren't related like, say, doing a crossover between Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, or NCIS and NCIS: LA, or the Law & Order programs. These shows don't have remotely the same tone of voice.

I'd be curious what TJ has to say about it, Sharon, whenever he's able to share (when he knows something and is allowed to talk about it).
word count: 162

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I don't watch Sleepy Hollow, though I am familiar with the book and the film (the series, extrapolating from other shows, is probably a completely different animal). Even that much knowledge leaves me in complete horror. I am not the biggest fan of crossover either. I wasn't even very keen on the Buffy/Angel minglings, as Angel took on a very different ambiance when it branched off from the original show. I may not be watching this either! :(
word count: 80
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I'll let you know if TJ says anything, definitely! I will say though, the guy from Sleepy Hollow, Tom Mison, is a cutie! :D
word count: 24
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

skftex wrote:I'll let you know if TJ says anything, definitely! I will say though, the guy from Sleepy Hollow, Tom Mison, is a cutie! :D
Oh yeah. :D

To have TJ and Tom on screen together would be awesome. Two very handsome men on my TV screen... oh yes, that would be marvelous. ;)

But I still want the shows to be compatible! And the way I see it, there is no way Bones and Sleepy Hollow fit in any logical way. Crossing over their two shows would have to be for fun only.
word count: 93

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

So they ARE doing a Halloween episode for the crossover of Bones/Sleepy Hollow. Which I have to admit really does make me feel better about how it could work. And I guess I'll watch the Sleepy Hollow episode, I'll just remind myself that at least I do get to see Tom Mison for an hour. :D

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/04/bo ... sover-date
word count: 69

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh *facepalm and Charlie Brown voice* good Grief!
I can't say the Hallowe'en element reassures me greatly. But it will be nice if they can make it a proper Hallowe'en ep, as we've not had one since Mummy In The Maze and Zack being the back end of a cow, lol.

I didn't realise Booth was disappearing for any length of time btw.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/05/bo ... -season-11
word count: 79

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK, ten-minute look at Sleepy Hollow, and come on, this is a mixture of Buffy and Being Human, with nods to Supernatural and Charmed. Can we really squash that much supernatural into a Bones episode? And will I be able to make any sense of it, as it is bound to be January/February before I actually see it, and I can't see myself being able to catch the previous ep of Sleepy Hollow?

Hadn't heard of Tom Mison, even though he comes from a place I was well familiar with when at uni in Southampton. Nice face. Nice voice. Somebody on a site I visited said he had a good 'Old English' accent, btw, whatever that may be (and in the 1700s believe me, it wasn't Old or even middle English - the Scarlet Pimpernel is nearer to the highly irritating language, slang and pronunciation they used, so, stap me vitals, I am very glad that is not what he is using!!)
word count: 166

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well the reason I think it would ONLY work as a Halloween episode is that at least we'd get that some things are happening that we don't have to believe are real, like Hodgins telling a ghost story or something. He'd be good at it (like I mentioned in the Woman in the Garden thread! HAHA) and we wouldn't have to believe that this Ichabod is moving around in the present world of Bones. I don't know how they are going to do it of course, I just think that making it Halloween gives it some options that a regular episode wouldn't, so it makes me feel slightly better about it. I still am not a fan of crossovers, especially since I don't watch Sleepy Hollow.

word count: 133

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Now that I've read this:

http://tvline.com/2015/08/06/bones-slee ... r=32621370

I'm not impressed again. That just sounds like they are going to just stick them in each shows world, as if we can just believe it. UGH. Plus, the way it is described, all Booth and Brennan with the others having nothing to do. Whatever. Guess they "find" Booth by this time.
word count: 69

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

This is going to be a good deal worse than the Finder. All I can hope is that the Bones hour is pure deduction in the real world and they save anything like 'the new headless horseman attacking Brennan' or 'Booth visiting purgatory' for the fantasy hour. They had better not make it a continuous 2-hour story. Like I said, I'd probably never see how it ends.

Love that they say the writers are 'energised' by this commission. I daresay 'terrified' is a more accurate description.

You're right, it does sound like a BB fest. Ho hum.

Additional - I believe the two hours are not going to have a theme in common. Good. Why run them together then?
word count: 121

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

The Finder wasn't a crossover though (nor was it a spinoff like they TRY to claim). It was a hijacked episode of Bones to try to get people to associate it with Bones so they could try to have a ready made audience for the Finder. It didn't work, not because they hijacked the episode, though a lot of people weren't impressed with that, but because the characters weren't engaging, I despised the lead character on the Finder and nothing (not even TJ being on an episode) could get me to watch that show again.
word count: 99

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

No, I didn't mean to imply it was a crossover. It was just an involvement with another show (admittedly a nascent one - as you say, they were trying to use Bones as a trampoline for it) that didn't work. At least the Sleepy Hollow actors have proven form and have carried a show for two seasons already, I suppose. I hated the Finder characters too!
word count: 67

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Someone asked Ausiello a question about Bones and his answer was about Angela and Hodgins. Doesn't really tell anything but does make it look like they might give them a little more to do this season. Who knows though.

http://tvline.com/2015/08/13/doctor-lig ... lers-cast/
word count: 50

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'm good with "really interesting, emotional, powerful" arcs... but what does that mean? ;) For example, you could say that about the Pelant stuff (especially when they woke up and saw a bloody body tacked to their bedroom ceiling), but I still disliked the overall idea of Hodgins and Angela losing all their money, which was so ludicrous.

Anyway, I guess we'll see what it is! :D
word count: 67

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, it could mean anything. It could mean the writers are bringing back Jeffrey or delving into some other unresolved family issues (good) or it could mean they'll have to cope with one of those soapy splits or bereavements (BAD! Leave Michael Vincent alone! Don't let anyone be seriously ill or kidnapped! Keep Hodgins out of jail!) Nowadays I tend to regard showrunners with slitted eyes when they talk about 'powerful arcs' or characters on a 'journey'. Never seems to bode well!
word count: 84

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

They are definitely bringing Jeffrey back, they tried to do it last season but the actor wasn't available but they've already said that it is happening this year. I don't think this is part of that though, but who knows. We've heard it before and it turns out it is some sort of stupid little storyline that lasts one episode, and isn't even that interesting.
word count: 70

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

A link to the story about Betty White being on Bones

http://tvline.com/2015/08/27/betty-whit ... squintern/
word count: 20

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Another spoilers article. One day before it begins
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ers-827386
word count: 16

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

ThyneAlone wrote: They had better not make it a continuous 2-hour story. Like I said, I'd probably never see how it ends.
Why am I quoting myself? Well, because I have seen it. The second hour. It was aired last night while I was lounging in front of the TV trying to mark schoolwork. BB are really peripheral there, much to my relief, as I watched zombie-like soldiers stomping around in the wake of the revivified remains that Brennan presumably looked at in the first part. Really not looking forward to the Bones half of this. I can enjoy my fantasy as well as the next woman, but don't mix it up with my factual procedural! Booth in particular (strangely) just didn't fit.

Still - happening on it like that - interesting synchronicity!
word count: 136