Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

GOOD LUCK! :D

*waves pom-poms wildly*
word count: 6

NyxStina
Fan

Post by NyxStina »

Wow all of you guys are so busy! Hope you all get a breather :-)

Today I had "one of those days". I feel asleep then later woke up in a panic cause I saw the time said 5:30... I went to my hubby saying "My God I think I just did a no call no show."

He said "what are you talking about? You went in last night."

At that reply I thought he was crazy because clearly I missed work and I'm supposed to be getting off in 20 minutes...

I then took a breath and thought about my situation for a minute... "Ah ha!" It wasn't the morning... I didn't pay attention to the am/pm on my clock. :roll:

Then to top it off he asks me if I was high...boy I sure felt like I was lol (even though I don't really know what that feels like)

I'm going to have a long night at work because of that and right now I feel like I didn't sleep.
word count: 179
Wise man not play leap frog with unicorn...

Chandler
Fan

Post by Chandler »

*hehehehehe* I've done that!!

Exhaustion + Too Much Sugar = Chandler's Brain Shutting Down...zzzzzzz....
word count: 15
Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours, it doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

Chandler
Fan

Post by Chandler »

PS - Do we have any Buffy fans on the board?
word count: 10
Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours, it doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Chandler, if you look in the random thread (its in this section) you'll find people talking about TV shows they enjoy. There are several Buffy fans on here (not me). :)
word count: 32
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Chandler
Fan

Post by Chandler »

*dashes off to Thread of Random* :lol:
word count: 6

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Count me in. Was addicted to Buffy.
word count: 7
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

NyxStina
Fan

Post by NyxStina »

I was in love with spike lol... that sexy blonde :) not saying angel was ugly he was hot lol
word count: 19
Wise man not play leap frog with unicorn...

Chandler
Fan

Post by Chandler »

T-Minus 2 hours until I have Spike on the phone...

*nerves mounting*
word count: 13

AmeliaPond
Fan

Post by AmeliaPond »

Hi, everyone :)

I was just wondering, is there a place we can discuss books? Would it be this thread or another, or is there no such place available?

Thanks!
word count: 29
I've seen him. He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe. And he's wonderful.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Anna,

You can discuss books in the Random thread as well. It is kind of the catch all thread for that sort of thing. This thread is meant to be a place to talk about what is going on with us, the Random thread is a place to talk about our other interests (outside of TJ) :)

Sharon
word count: 58
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

AmeliaPond
Fan

Post by AmeliaPond »

Thanks, Sharon!
word count: 2
I've seen him. He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe. And he's wonderful.

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Sherry, I miss having storms. It's rained here once in the past month.
Though I don't miss power-outages. haha.
Don't go crazy with all the homework!
And I can see the frustration.. I hope something good comes your way soon- you deserve it!
-hugs-

Akarana
Because I'm a terrible person and I can never remember your name. ):
I hope the test went well!
I'll definitely check your blog out, or at least bookmark it and get to it when my brain settles...

Nyx
I'm sorry, I haven't been to the welcome thread, so I haven't caught your name, but I know those days. Hope today was better!

Okay, ready set rant.
I have been all over the place.
Boyfriend broke up with me, told me that the whole relationship (That was moving too fast anyway) was a lie and he was telling me that he was feeling things he wasn't because he thought I wanted to hear it.
The only jobs around here are fast food and convenience stores, and I refuse to work in either.
Not that I'm better than that, by any means... I just won't.
I'm living with my aunt and uncle now.
broke my toe somehow. haha. I don't know how.
And my step-dad ran my car into the ground, and then returns it to me.
Tar all over the driver's seat, needs all new tires, and a huge crack in the windshield. something wrong with how it runs, too. and I need to get it inspected. I'm so mad. :evil: :evil:
I think I'm going to go look for a job maybe in a B&B tomorrow.

-big hugs-
I promise to come around more!
word count: 296
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

Chandler
Fan

Post by Chandler »

*HUGS and Chocolate Ice Cream* for YOU Ms. Kayleigh...

I went through the dumping of a lifetime about 6 months ago. (10 yrs - Ended over a voice mail message. Very courageous yes?) *sigh*

This might sound a little on the cornball side, but I'm a total believer in balance. For every el crappo thing that happens, something equally good is storming towards you. Mayhaps Mr. Marsters is heading your way? :D
word count: 71

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Oh, baby. Don't tease me. I adore that man. <3
Chocolate ice cream sounds so good right now!!

And I understand that. I've been dumped over a text message. It hurts. lol
word count: 34

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ah Kayleigh! :romance-grouphug:
So sorry you are having such a lousy time. Hope things pick up for you soon. :( Thinking of you!

Well how are we all out in TJ world? behaving I trust - not that I can ever trust *Sharon* to behave of course..<<rolls eyes>>

So I'm back from our brief family sojourn in Dublin. Weird experience! Strange mixture of the good and the frustrating. Good topping frustrating massively of course, but maybe you’d like to hear the whole thing?

Dublin is a very exciting, lively place to be. The people are all so accommodating and friendly that the crowds on the street noisily enjoying the remarkable night life are never threatening. And the restaurants are really varied, numerous and excellent – if a bit expensive. Basically it swarms with live entertainment. Pubs aplenty, nearly all with some kind of live bands or singers encouraging audience participation; clubs, theatre, concerts. Very little in the way of cinema, at least in the centre – people seem intent on interacting, which is great! We ‘did’ the pubs the first couple of nights and were able to get into an intimate and very funny production of ‘The Merry Wives of Windsor’ on the last evening.

You could never do the whole of it in the short time we had; you have to make choices. Historic Dublin, literary, shopping or industrial Dublin? Fortunately there is a fantastic hop-on hop-off bus system, where you can enjoy the idiosyncrasies of the lunatic bus drivers/ tour guides while also taking in the view and getting off if there’s an attraction you really want to see. It certainly saves a lot of long walks if you need to sightsee a great deal in a short period. We managed quite a bit of shopping and visits to Trinity College, St Patrick’s and Christchurch cathedrals, the castle (with its annual display of amaaaazing sand sculptures in the quadrangle), the Viking/mediaeval museum, the Guinness storehouse AND the Jameson Irish whiskey plant (that was probably my favourite trip, though the Vikings ran it a close second – I do enjoy Irish whiskey and I can’t stand the ubiquitous Guinness despite its huge, impressive storehouse and brilliant view of the entire city from the top). Plus just general walks in the beautiful parks and around very lovely 18th and 19th century architecture. There are also wonderful statues and sculptures everywhere. I liked the Molly Malone one best! The hotel was great as well, which always helps, with stunningly well cooked breakfasts and the most comfortable beds I have ever lounged on, plus tea and coffee in the rooms which actually tasted like tea and coffee.

On the other hand the journeys, with all that waiting round in airports, were just as much of a pain as we’d anticipated. Our outward train tickets to Manchester airport had been wrongly printed so we would have been double-charged, had it not been for a particularly understanding and helpful ticket inspector. We also managed to mislay one of the tickets on the way back; but fortunately it turned up! There were a few personality clashes as well, resulting from Dad/ hubby wanting to see as many sights as he could and generally have a hectic time of it (my Best Beloved does feel he is wasting time if he is not getting out and doing something, and it has to be said he is something of a control freak), while son no.1 just wanted to stroll round soaking up the atmosphere and chilling; and son no.2 and I were somewhere in the middle, more interested in the culture than son no.1 and less hurried than the BB. Then there was the fact that son no.1 likes going out for a drink in the evenings whereas son no.2 is teetotal and not enamoured of noisy pubs. And a few minor irritations; the BB and I both had painful, though not serious, falls over uneven kerbstones; we went to see a comedy show which was advertised to find that the theatre was inexplicably closed; the electrics in the boys’ room kept cutting out so they couldn’t watch telly or charge their phones, and the card key to our room stopped functioning the second day we were there and had to be replaced. The thing that really annoyed me though was that, having had painful ankles from long walks, I sought, found and bought an incredibly expensive pair of boots to support my feet properly, only to discover, just as we were leaving the hotel on the final day, that a buckle strap had pulled away after one solitary wear! So then came the palaver of returning them when time was pressing for us to get back to the airport.

Overall then, very successful holiday and we’d love to go back, but a bit fraught with little niggles and perhaps not as relaxing as it might have been! Tell you what though – as four adults, we learned an awful lot about compromise!
word count: 847

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

I'm doing a little better. c:
Got a job interview at the local hospital. I'm going to be a per diem unit clerk, which pretty much means I'll work when and where I'm needed.
12 hour shifts, $9 an hour.
Looking to get an apartment with my cousin and her boyfriend. I'm excited. :D :D

And I'm glad that the good outweighed the bad!
I'm jealous. It sounds amazing there. Aside from now annoying the waiting around and having to try and decide which part of Dublin you'd prefer to see.
Happy you had a good time, and that you're back!
-hugs-
word count: 109

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

kayleigh_marie wrote:I'm doing a little better. c:
Got a job interview at the local hospital. I'm going to be a per diem unit clerk, which pretty much means I'll work when and where I'm needed.
12 hour shifts, $9 an hour.
Looking to get an apartment with my cousin and her boyfriend. I'm excited. :D :D
Glad to hear it, congratulations! And hope the birthday was good fun! How are you doing with the apartment search? Moving's always exciting.

Mind you, I have to say it probably gets you down when the market is immobile, like ours currently. I've a good friend who has been living in Wales for many years, but, because of her marriage break-up and various other difficulties, very much wants to sell her house and come back to our area. One massive problem is that her son (my son's best friend) hates Wales and applied to a local college here in the expectation that they would be moving back soon. No chance! The house has been on the market for an age with no takers. With him and his mother in a desperate state it was a no brainer for us, and he will be a lodger in our attic room when school goes back in September. We are just starting to sort the room out. We went to Ikea yesterday and got a small wardrobe, a desk and a chair for him. Like most ladies of my acquaintance, I adore shopping at massive, inexpensive furniture stores and, like all husbands of my acquaintance, the Best Beloved hates it with a passion! Anyway, we are getting there, and with 3 hulking men in the house no-one is going to be defeated by a bit of flat-pack!

I always seem to be apologising for failure to post and today is no exception. Sure, I have spent the last couple of days on the comp, but I have been sorting out school files and making sure all my home files are the same as my school files and both up to date. This is very satisfying, like doing a spring clean. The bigger job has been traipsing back and to to school, picking up non-virtual, solid, weighty files to tidy; and beginning to organise non-virtual cupboard space! Anyway, that is why I have only been around lurking and wiping spam, but I have not been ignoring you all and I hope you are all well and happy. Back to work in a couple of weeks. Can’t promise I will be enjoying the return as much as TJ obviously is; but at least I will be well prepared!

word count: 453

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

So...back safe and sound from my first date in years, via Match.com. :?

The positives are he doesn't seem to be nuts and is employed. He has his act together which is more than I can say for any of my former relationships. It was nice to hold a conversation with an adult for once, and I think I did okay. At least I know I can do this! Negatives are that although he's a nice guy I really didn't feel any sort of spark there, even for a 1st meeting. :( But that's okay, 1st time out right? Oh and if we did get married my name would be Angela Apple :lol:

Hey...WTH happened to all the extra smileys?

In other news, kids are back in school so I'm gaining my sanity back. My almost-four-year-old is FINALLY potty trained, so I guess I met my 2 goals in that "Since Bones has been on" post after all!

Looking forward to a slow weekend at work so I can get some drawing done. I downloaded an online drawing course to help me get my skills up. Really enjoying it so far. I want to do some more Bones/TJ stuff but want it to be really good this time.

On a nerdy note, we're growing butterflies at our house. It's one of those kits from Insect Lore. There are 4 caterpillars now, fattening themselves up. There were 5, but I think the other died from posttraumatic stress after our cat knocked the jar off the shelf onto the floor. I think I'm having more fun with them than the kids, they're almost soothing to watch. :D

Happy Weekend everybody!! :) Hugs all around.

P.S. Kayleigh, did you get the job?

word count: 301
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ang, the smileys, we know they are missing, when the board software was upgraded they could no longer be seen even though they are still there and work if you know the codes. Hopefully we'll be able to get them back, I just don't know how long it will take. :(

Sharon
word count: 53