Commercials

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Commercials

Post by skftex »

OOOOOOOOOOOO I FOUND IT. Now those of you that haven't seen it can see it. :mrgreen:
TA DA!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_naVbdywAaU

Sharon
word count: 26
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Okay, color me stupid. Really, it's cool.... it's been done before! :)

But I have no clue what that commercial is about. Absolutely none. Gorillas in tents? Is it a circus thing? And the monkey checking out TJ's...clipboard is a little, well...

Obviously I think too much. Or not enough.

Ah, but all that matters is the sight of our favorite blue-eyed shaman of the eternally upbeat... (even if the monkey haunts me)

~~annie
confused, and slightly tingly
word count: 82
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well thats the same thing I said, I had NO clue what it was other than Subaru, and I remembered the monkey but not the gorilla, I was looking at TJ. And remembered they said TENT. LOL But then someone told me it is making fun of tent sales where the dealerships have those giant blowup Gorillas on the roof. Sometimes its not a gorilla but a lot of times it is. Small tent, no gorilla. But yeah, weird commercial, still it IS TJ. :mrgreen:

Sharon
word count: 85
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

LOL yes I see what you mean! And once more kudos and love to Sharon for finding that for those of us who would not have access otherwise.

Sometimes ads try to be too clever. And when they do, people remember the commercial, but not necessarily what it was for! There was a famous set of ads for Cinzano featuring Joan Collins and Leonard Rossiter and no-one could remember what it was for - they even thought it was for Martini!

All I'll remember on this one is TJ and his voice to die for...
word count: 96
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

ThyneAlone wrote:And once more kudos and love to Sharon for finding that for those of us who would not have access otherwise....

All I'll remember on this one is TJ and his voice to die for...
Yes, kudos and adoration in abundance.

I'm going to have to watch that clip repeatedly -- just to make my peace with the monkey fear. *cough*
word count: 64
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK Annie, where did you get that completely stupendiferous signature??
word count: 10

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*pipes up*

She wrote it! :D

It's part of a wonderful story entitled "Angie at Dawn (Just Like Nicky Hopkins)." You really should read it, Steph. I think you'd enjoy it. Fascinating, unique take on Jack Hodgins (and Angela's in it, too). Annie's got a marvelous grasp of the mindset of the characters. I loved it.

(Hope you don't mind me chiming in there, late_heart.) ;)
word count: 70

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Excellent, where can I find it?

ten minutes later, because I am good at seeking things out on the internet:
Ah right. So I have to have an LJ account before I can read it? Honestly, honestly, it is not worth me having accounts here there and everywhere! They would just lie fallow and wither from lack of use! Lack of pure and simple visits...
word count: 65

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

It's found within a locked post on her LiveJournal, so you'd have to friend her in order to see it there (which I have, hee). It's also found on Willowwood and Callieach's bugs_n_slime site where she posted it as part of a recent fiction challenge. However, she'll need to unlock it in order for you to see/read it. Or, since she's got it locked, she'll have to send you a copy -- I have a copy saved because I enjoyed it so much, but I don't want to send it without her permission, if she'd prefer to present the story in her own way.

How 'bout it,
late_heart? I told you that everyone should read that piece. It's too good to ignore! :D
word count: 135
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Those were indeed the two places to which I tracked it down, Sherry. And I'd love to read it...let's see what she says!
word count: 26

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I just sent her a quick private message via MySpace, to playfully nudge her into opening the post (or sending you a copy). You really must read this story, Steph! In fact, I'd be curious to hear what you think of it. You'll have to let me know. :D
word count: 50

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Message received, you naughty minx.

Ah, it's not the first time I've been outed (counting the queer and broom closets) but it is the sweetest.

Thank you for the kind praise, Steph... not sure what the best way is to get you a copy of the story. No need to bother with LJ -- I'll get it to you by e-mail if you like, just let me know.

ETA:Steph...you can reach me at ydeningyre2@yahoo.com if you'd prefer not to post your e-mail addy.
Last edited by late_heart on Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 92

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

late_heart wrote:Message received, you naughty minx.

Ah, it's not the first time I've been outed (counting the queer and broom closets) but it is the sweetest.

:twisted:

Tee hee...

Hey, when there's good fiction to be read, it should not be hidden, in the closet or the file cabinet or anywhere else. And that story is good. Email it to her, baby! :mrgreen:

Sorry. "The 'baby' thing is a reflex." (Ha. You knew I had to say it.)
word count: 81

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks Sharon for posting the commercial! Strange one! But hey, TJ is in it! :)
Simone
word count: 15
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

My favorite of his commercials so far has to be him singing "I Feel Like a Woman" in the truck with the boys. If they knew better, they'd be singing right along with him. (I know, not in the script, but c'mon it was hot!) Takes a secure man to belt out a tune like that.

The Hollywood Video commercia (spastic exploding employee)l is an oldie but a goodie. :mrgreen:
word count: 72
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Just went through all the commercials. Those are just hilarious. I can't believe how many of them I recognize! I had no idea that I'd seen him so many times before. :)
word count: 33
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Like most excellent actors, he does become submerged physically in whatever part he's playing; ok the ads are a bit of fun, but there are more serious film/TV appearances where you have to look hard to realise it's him, and it isn't because he's insignificant. Stu Lou Who springs to mind...;)
word count: 56

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I watched that clip, too. Even knowing it was him, I couldn't recognize him. Crazy.
word count: 16
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

mmm. Literally physically submerged, in makeup and costume!
I wouldn't have bought the Grinch DVD without him. Jim Carrey drives me up the wall if not tempered with normal characters!
word count: 31

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

Well,I had read TJ's been in a lot of commercials,so I did a little youtube searching-found around 15 or something(!).
I hadn't seen the Subaru one though...My favorite is the Chevy commercial (if you haven't seen it,here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGzYKnqtUss)
word count: 55
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...