Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by skftex »

Hi everyone, I wanted everyone to see the poll they did on spoilerfix

http://www.spoilerfix.com/

This is Bones related but thought more likely you'd see it here. For those of you that don't like to read spoilers, its safe to click on the link you have to actually go into each show's link to read spoilers. I hope the poll is still there so you can see it. Its on the side a little bit near the show list...

Sharon
word count: 85
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Did anyone else watch Angel?
If so, remember Lindsay McDonald? Played by Christian Kane. Now there's a sexy guy.
I hope i'm not the only one that feels that way. :mrgreen:
word count: 32
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

I can honestly say I didn't find Lindsay sexy at all :lol:

Never really fancies any of the women on Angel (except the times Aly Hannigan showed up). Having said that I remember Mercades McNab came in as Harmony. Forget it...I did fancy the women on Angel :lol:
word count: 48

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

lol. oddly enough i wasn't attracted to the women, :D, but Ally Hannigan was pretty, she's one of those people that make red hair look great! and i love those people. :D
As for harmony, i remember her from Buffy in the school days, and have trouble thinking of her as Angel's PA, or whatever she was.
:D
I stand by my first comment.
Lindsay/Christian is very sexy. :D
word count: 69
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Aparently he was voted #8 in the top #10 sexiest males from the Buffy/Angel universe. I'm guessing James Masters/Spike or David/Angel were top.
word count: 27

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

yeah, i have to say, i started watching Buffy when i was about 7, and i had the biggest crush on James/Spike for years! a friend of mine is just the opposite and fancies the pants off David, lol, so we always used to argue about who was better. (Not real arguing of course, play arguing)
lol.
word count: 58

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

My friend forced me to watch Buffy when I was at college and I got hooked on it because of Alyson Hannigan. Love her to bits and I'm incredibly jealous of Alexis Denisof. I still have a big poster of Alyson (but not up on a wall anywhere) and her FHM issue :roll:
word count: 53

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

I had a big James Marsters poster, we were having a party at my house when i was about 10, and a man named Chris was teasing me and said Spike was ugly, so i told my little cousin to chase him for me, she was only 6/7 and she pinned him against the wall, pulled off his belt and started hitting him with it!
Good times good times. :D
word count: 70

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

I started watching Angel a few months ago, because I was curious. Everyone talked about it and I felt I knew nothing about it so... there I was. I'm in S3 now. And I'll back you up Ellen with Lindsay being sexy, yes yes.
word count: 46
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Have you already met Lindsay's 'evil hand'? :mrgreen:
word count: 8

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

Any of yah ever see the made for tv movie called Love Song? Christian and costar (R&B singer Monica) sang in the movie.
word count: 24
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

He sang during an episode of Angel, too. It was surprising, and quite lovely. :D
word count: 14

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

David also sang in Angel. Oh Mandy...aaggghhh my ears :lol:

Anyone watching the first ep might notice that the first Vampire Angel dusts is Sawyer from LOST. I love that fact.
word count: 31

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Christian's a very good singer, he's in a band called Kane, they're good. :D
I love his evil hand! That was so funny, the man's like "I'm glad someone's writing this down", and Lindsay doesn't even know he's been writing.
I also liked the ep when Lindsay actually thought he could make it as one of the good guys, but then he stayed at wolfram and Hart because he got promotion. :D
I would have loved it if he turned out to be one of the good guys. :D
word count: 94

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:What will your reenactment be like? Is it at a festival of some sort, or ...? I've previously worked at a Renaissance Faire (for two summers in a madrigal singing group) so we of course had to wear proper period attire for that, but I've never dressed as a pirate. My friend Sonnett and I wanted to create a singing group of our own where we dressed as kick-ass female pirates and sang bawdy songs. *GRIN* If only we'd kept working at the faire, maybe our idea would have come to fruition. How fun.
The event's called Pirates in Paradise, and will be right next to an old fort in Key West. It's not an official event for the area, so regular folk don't come in droves to see it, but more do hear about it each year and venture down to see it in action. Some of the pirates stay in hotels, but others prefer to rough it and be as authentic as possible in crewe encampments. I'll be in the camp with the Mercury crewe, and was offered a room in a tent by a very nice family (woohoo! no hotel bill). I'm picking up knicknacks here and there that fit the time period my crewe is supposed to embody (1720). There will be all sorts of things to watch, go to and participate in (singing, comedy skits, battles, canon firing, ships, pub "brawl", pirate trials). I'll only be there for a few days...the event lasts a week or so I think.
word count: 266
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sounds like fun, Jennifer! When does the event take place?

P.S. A bit of news for you all... I have another job interview tomorrow. :shock:

My aunts are all excited for me, and I admit I fell into a bit of daydreamy pondering for a moment today -- being able to move into a new apartment of my own, making some adjustments to my life in the ways I want to -- but now I'm just trying to reel it all in and not get my hopes up. I don't want to end up deflated because I put too much wishful thinking into it. The conversation I had with the interviewer on the phone today seemed promising, but... I just have to wait and see. Positive thoughts. Expect the worst, hope for the best. All that sort of thing. *wry smile*
word count: 141

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Fingers painfully crossed, Sherry. Good luck!
word count: 6
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thanks very much, Steph! *hugs you*

word count: 6

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

GOOD LUCK Sherry! :!:
word count: 3
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thank you, Sharon!!

P.S. I was watching an episode of The West Wing last night (from my DVDs), and thought of you. :D
word count: 23