What do you miss about season 1?

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

What do you miss about season 1?

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm starting this thread because it suddenly occurred to me - what's happened to the Angelator? One of my all-time personal favourite FX, anyone recall when we last saw it?
So, hmm, S1 - I miss the Angelator..
and I miss Brennan being in the lab.
What about you lot?
word count: 51
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

sapphiresilt
Fan

Re: What do you miss about season 1?

Post by sapphiresilt »

Oh, I miss all of it! I miss Brennan the brilliant scientist, I miss the camaraderie among the Squints, I miss Goodman, I miss the archaeological/historical aspect to the cases, I miss the natural humor....

But most of all I miss cases that made me care, not only about the Jeffersonian crew, but, more importantly, about the victims. I miss the heart and soul in the writing.

I have kept my promise to myself to not watch any S4 episodes because of what they did to Zack, so what I also really miss is not communicating that often anymore with my "Bones" friends!

Eileen
word count: 105

sapphiresilt
Fan

Post by sapphiresilt »

I remembered one more: I miss Jack's rubber bands!!!!
word count: 10

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh Eileen I know, you used to count them and look at colour changes, didn't you? No-one knows more than you about Hodgins' anger management techniques, though I have to say they're not working well for him at the moment in S4! As a matter of fact Jack has had a visible elastic band on his wrist for a at least a couple of episodes this season. So some continuity of character is being maintained even when the rest has gone loopy.

I think you're right about the caring aspect. Especially caring for victims. Nowadays it seems de rigueur to put people in weird or gross death situations to bring 'humour' into the case. I was first worried in S3 when Brennan actually laughed at a body that was twisted round in a bizarre position, but there hasn't been much respect or sympathy elsewhere either, with one corpse this season even ending up covered in excrement (ooooh yes, of course, poo is always funny!).

I've really missed you. I hope you can feel comfortable to drop in occasionally, don't forget if you don't want to discuss Bones you can always relax on the sofa and tell us what else you are currently watching. Or how the family is getting along, I'll bet that baby's grown up a lot since we were last in regular contact!
word count: 235

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yeah Eileen, I miss Goodman, too. Where is he? Did they mentioned that? I cannot remember. I think I will watch season 1 again this (long) weekend. We have a free day on the 3rd October.

As Steph said, please come by more often. We can sit on the sofa and talk! I'll make the coffee! :wink:

Simone.
word count: 58
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Eileen! So good to see you on the forum! I don't blame you one bit for boycotting Bones--it's certainly not the show we fell in love with.

And yes, where is the Angelator? I'd completely forgotten about it, but you're right, it hasn't been used in a loooong time. I miss so much about season one...
word count: 62
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

I miss Jack's conspiracy theories. We don't seem to get them anymore. Like Sweets said he has tranferred his anger to directing them at people blah blah blah. I also miss his beard.

Apart from aspects of TJ's character I also miss Goodman. I like Cam, but Goodman could have had a far bigger role.
word count: 58

Nelbel
Fan

Post by Nelbel »

I miss episodes like 'Man with the Bone' that explain more of who Hodgins is and what he likes. :(
word count: 19

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I miss the relationships between Booth and other team members apart from Brennan. As a matter of fact this did pan into S2, but it has gradually diminished. He had quite a flirty thing going with Angela at one time, and the relationships with Zack and Hodgins were very clearly defined, if not 100% positive all the time! OK so he has finally established something a bit closer with Sweets, but only after a prolonged period of the latter being the comic relief off which New Funny Booth could play.

So I miss that particular subtle nod to normal life.
word count: 100

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I miss the confident, kick-ass attitude that Brennan had. It seems that she keeps questioning her own beliefs & abilities more & more as time goes on. She seems to look to Booth whenever she has a decision to make, rather than trusting her own judgement.
word count: 45
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

Well, I have to admit reading this topic made me realise I DO miss a lot about season 1...
Off course I miss Goodman, he had some really funny scenes back then, although I like Cam too.
I miss the freshness of the episodes, how they paid more attention to the case, how they explained more about their methods of investigation (not like 501 - the only one I've seen so far of season 5 - which was completely focused on Booth's problems), how Booth didn't really fit in with the squints...I could think of more, but you get the idea...
word count: 103
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

River Tempest
Fan

Post by River Tempest »

What I miss is the red hair i watched the pilot the other day and thought, what happend to TJ's hair colour lol.

The other thing I miss is Jack n' Zack the boy's folly. I mean who can ever forget the frozen pig in the woodchipper. :lol:

I also miss the Hodgepoge nickname that was cute :D

:geek: Jack the offical King of the Lab :geek:
word count: 65

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi there River! Great points; I miss all that too. Welcome! Hope you enjoy being with us. :)
word count: 17

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Mainly the Angelator.
And how awkward and adorable Zack was.
:pray: oh how I wish we could see that adorable man again.
word count: 21
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.